wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<2324252627>»
What has your governor done for you?
tinker
#481 Posted : Saturday, November 04, 2017 2:52:46 PM

I have alot of expectations from Nyeri. When the guy speaks, he make sense.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
wukan
#482 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 7:39:09 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

This is domo domo, mark this post and we compare notes in 3 years!!!!!

Yeah...Dead on Arrival! Better ways of wasting 25 Billion.

River road economics at its best...total waste of time and resources building pyramids. In the era of e-commerce these fossils are clinging to 400 year old technology. Kenya railways and Rift valley railways tried and failed so here's another 25 billion down the drain.
safariant
#483 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 8:27:16 AM

wukan wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

River road economics at its best...total waste of time and resources building pyramids. In the era of e-commerce these fossils are clinging to 400 year old technology. Kenya railways and Rift valley railways tried and failed so here's another 25 billion down the drain.

e-commerce - Tea, coffee, agricultural produce need to be transported.

In the era of high speed trains, an SGR would be interesting. People can commute to Nairobi daily and reside upcountry.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
sitaki.kujulikana
#484 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 2:10:19 PM

safariant wrote:
wukan wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

In the era of high speed trains, an SGR would be interesting. People can commute to Nairobi daily and reside upcountry.

That's the problem with the young digital guys, they think the internet is everything,because you can shop from home then we do not need transport infrastructure, the goods just move through the internet.
Kusadikika
#485 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 3:39:03 PM

safariant wrote:
wukan wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

Here is a hint to help you understand what is going on. Towards the end of the video check out who comes out to shake Babayao's hand. Another piece of information, that same individual owns the property where this meeting was held.
kaka2za
#486 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 3:52:30 PM

safariant wrote:
wukan wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

Improved infrastructure is a priority but attempt to revive the metre gauge railway would be prisonable offence.

Pray how would you transport processed tea yet the tea zones are so far from the railway line?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
kayhara
#487 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 4:17:34 PM

kaka2za wrote:
safariant wrote:
wukan wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

Improved infrastructure is a priority but attempt to revive the metre gauge railway would be prisonable offence.

Pray how would you transport processed tea yet the tea zones are so far from the railway line?

I think it's a feasible project seeing that the line is a very good condition, the stations can do with minimal or no renovations for now and with the RVR contract cancelled I think engines and wagons can be made available, the line can revive the transport of cattle, fertilizer, cement,milk,fresh produce and passengers from Central province where roads are not good eg nyahururu,nyandarua and nanyuki
To Each His Own
kaka2za
#488 Posted : Sunday, November 05, 2017 6:07:40 PM

kayhara wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
safariant wrote:
wukan wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mkiongea za boycott.

I think it's a feasible project seeing that the line is a very good condition, the stations can do with minimal or no renovations for now and with the RVR contract cancelled I think engines and wagons can be made available, the line can revive the transport of cattle, fertilizer, cement,milk,fresh produce and passengers from Central province where roads are not good eg nyahururu,nyandarua and nanyuki

No it's not in good condition. The Maragua -Sagana section was accident prone even in the good days of KR.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Lolest!
#489 Posted : Thursday, December 07, 2017 12:15:39 PM

Bukhungu Stadium, Kakamega
Quote:
Site engineer, Charles Oyier of Wilkore Building and Construction Ltd said phase one which focused on dressing rooms, offices and VIP lounge was complete while 80 per cent of the mechanical work done been done.

“Once the walling and benching of the terraces will have been done, Bukhungu will be able to accommodate about 30,000 people at the end of the refurbishment,” he said.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...212046-xbb9qz/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
FRM2011
#490 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:10:56 PM

Makueni launches universal health coverage for all residents.

Should this one succeed, Prof. Kibwana will have secured a legacy that will outlive him for many generations.
murchr
#491 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:18:50 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

Should this one succeed, Prof. Kibwana will have secured a legacy that will outlive him for many generations.

Will they have identity cards stating that they are Makueni residents?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
FRM2011
#492 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:22:53 PM

murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

From the publicly available information, one must register first. A family of 6 i.e. parents and four kids will need Kes. 500/- per year to be fully covered.

I am crossing my fingers hoping it will succeed. We desperately need one county government doing the right thing for others to benchmark.

Was pleasantly surprised to learn all Makueni county project details are accessible on a public portal.

Ngilu's pulses (Ndengu) project is also another one I am rooting for. Someone lambasted her projections as unrealistic here but am still hopeful.

Mwangi wa iria's hass avocado initiative in his first term endeared him to voters across the county. During the Jubilee nominations, he whipped Jamleck even in Kigumo. Jamleck's supposed stronghold.
murchr
#493 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:36:58 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

From the publicly available information, one must register first. A family of 6 i.e. parents and four kids will need Kes. 500/- per year to be fully covered.

I am crossing my fingers hoping it will succeed. We desperately need one county government doing the right thing for others to benchmark.

Was pleasantly surprised to learn all Makueni county project details are accessible on a public portal.

Ngilu's pulses (Ndengu) project is also another one I am rooting for. Someone lambasted her projections as unrealistic here but am still hopeful.

Mwangi wa iria's hass avocado initiative in his first term endeared him to voters across the county. During the Jubilee nominations, he whipped Jamleck even in Kigumo. Jamleck's supposed stronghold.

Am rooting for the success of all county govt initiatives. Hopefully, Kibwana will be able to stop itchy fingers, and more so improve facilities in Makueni. Machakos hospitals(all level 3-5) are overwhelmed by people from other counties.

As for Jamleck, the guy started to campaign in November 2016, I was there when he was launching telling people that Wa Iria is just looking after the milk farmer, little did I know of his deal with Kakuzi. That is such a success. His milk program is also doing very well.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
FRM2011
#494 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:54:54 PM

murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Am rooting for the success of all county govt initiatives. Hopefully, Kibwana will be able to stop itchy fingers, and more so improve facilities in Makueni. Machakos hospitals(all level 3-5) are overwhelmed by people from other counties.

As for Jamleck, the guy started to campaign in November 2016, I was there when he was launching telling people that Wa Iria is just looking after the milk farmer, little did I know of his deal with Kakuzi. That is such a success. His milk program is also doing very well.

Agreed 100%. Once voters start seeing tangible benefits of good governance at county level, they will start demanding value from governors.

I don't know much about Vihiga governor, Otichilo, but he was rated very highly by our own @Njunge. I noted he was bold enough to give a state of the county address after 100 days in office. Very brave considering an incoming governor has no spending latitude over a budget that was already approved by the previous government. All those promising stuff that involve spending within 100 days are liars.
murchr
#495 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:22:54 PM

Never laughed this hard Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Swenani
#496 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:10:36 PM

murchr wrote:
Never laughed this hard Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#497 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 11:14:34 AM

Anything from Sonko/Igathe?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
#498 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 11:51:59 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Yes. Big plans! Laughing out loudly

BBI will solve it
:)
Iganamagana
#499 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 3:10:37 PM

2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

hardwood
#500 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 9:59:06 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
2012 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Let mairobians suffer for choosing to elect some barely literate prison-break jail bird. For those who do not know your govana is still wanted at shimo la tewa prison to complete his jail term for petty theft. And now you have put him in charge of nairobi's billions. You put a certified fisi to watch over the sheep. Yaani nairobi, a city with the highest concentration of brains, from professors, PhDs, lawyers, engineers etc couldnt find someone better? Mwiba wa kujindunga hauna... ...