wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
What the future holds
tycho
#21 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 5:02:00 PM

wukan wrote:
newfarer wrote:
if thing turn south I will blame three people for thinking they are too important for this country ,raila Uhuru and chiloba

raila should have allowed the fresh elections to proceed, Uhuru should have taken measures to unite the country rather that yapping supreme court this ,bulldozing election law changes.he should know that for you to lead people, they must accept to be led,chiloba should have resigned out of conscience even if not guilty.

God save Kenya, things are not looking good ,hoping we will get a political solution as a military/civil war option is difficult to come out from.imagine that kaplot you have built with sweat and tears coming down after attacks ,the rapes ,killings ,maiming !!!remember the fighter in civil war have really nothing to lose

Things will not turn south you can take that to the bank. Behavioral economics will tell you that humans don't go to war in depressed economic times. Conflicts usually come after an economic boom like in 2007. KE is also in a credit crunch situation even baba has no money to campaign he is doing sleepover kwa sponsor. 2008 Credit crunch in the US made them re-think Iraq and Afghan wars.

If you go to kibera or mathare folks are more worried about water shortage and unga prices. It's only keyboard warriors who are blowing things out of proportion. Things will settle soon and baba will get a Kazi kwa vijana type project to recoup his campaign losses at your expense as a taxpayer. When you see politicians harden their position just know a deal is about to struck.

After 2007 @Wukan,

1. How many people have died due to elections related violence?

2. How have government institutions performed in terms of the common good of the nation-state, compared to pre-2007?

3. How has politics helped to meet ever emerging needs of the populace?

4. How is knowledge and political consciousness changing in Kenya?

The settlement position is untenable for the masses, and the legitimacy that is being toyed with will make things worse. Today I saw Rohingya women fighting for bamboo sticks in a refugee camp.
tycho
#22 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 4:09:06 PM

Now the Supreme court is in a catch 22 position. Whichever way it will rule, things are bound to get worse.

And, the courts can't direct us on how to settle down. Soon, the judiciary may collapse. Reason? Now decisions by the court will lose legitimacy because there'll be no cause to believe in it.

The security forces are also losing legitimacy fast. Today we've seen the levels of resistance to them.

Now, as matters escalate, the military may come in. But, what are they likely to achieve? I see no clear victory for them either.

Once again, the best scenario is a detente between NASA and Jubilee, which must open a way for a different kind of political ideology that would balance forces. I know given prevailing conditions this may take some time. But the shorter the waiting period, the better.

hardwood
#23 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 4:29:05 PM

tycho wrote:
Now the Supreme court is in a catch 22 position. Whichever way it will rule, things are bound to get worse.

And, the courts can't direct us on how to settle down. Soon, the judiciary may collapse. Reason? Now decisions by the court will lose legitimacy because there'll be no cause to believe in it.

The security forces are also losing legitimacy fast. Today we've seen the levels of resistance to them.

Now, as matters escalate, the military may come in. But, what are they likely to achieve? I see no clear victory for them either.

Once again, the best scenario is a detente between NASA and Jubilee, which must open a way for a different kind of political ideology that would balance forces. I know given prevailing conditions this may take some time. But the shorter the waiting period, the better.

The solution is to throw baba into the nyayo house dungeons and throw away the key. We cant have one man messing up the country.
Jump-steady
#24 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 4:36:00 PM

hardwood wrote:
tycho wrote:

The solution is to throw baba into the nyayo house dungeons and throw away the key. We cant have one man messing up the country.

Man would die due to his age. Wrong movesmile
tycho
#25 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 4:39:20 PM

hardwood wrote:
tycho wrote:

It's a mistake to think in terms of Raila. He's far from being the problem.

The problem is that the elite in Kenya have preffered to sweep issues under the carpet and use fear and intimidation to sustain the status quo. Case in point is even how the so called 'Mau mau' were dealt with and how similar motifs are used now.

Raila is promising overmuch that he can't deliver. The most is to change names and players but retain the same kind of thinking as the current regime.

Let's define our issues more intelligently.
eboomerang
#26 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 5:24:31 PM

It seems as though the real worry for our country is not even RAO but the fact that he has many followers who really believe that he has a viable agenda and a course worth fighting for.

ZZE123
#27 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 5:31:28 PM

I blame Maraga and his Wakora network for the mess the country is in. The August 8th elections “looked” Ok and even most NASA supporters were in agreement that UK had won this till when the courts nullified the thing!!!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
eboomerang
#28 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 5:37:18 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
I blame Maraga and his Wakora network for the mess the country is in. The August 8th elections “looked” Ok and even most NASA supporters were in agreement that UK had won this the courts nullified the thing!!!

Correct, couldn't agree more.

The move by Maraga was an unnecessary gamble, absolutely misguided. It lacked of depth and analytical rigour as though he never understood the dynamics of African politics.

RAO followed suit with another gamble by his move to boycott elections, now the country is sliding into chaos albeit gradually.