Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Reasons to abolish religions.
Swenani
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 6:09:25 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
Just a casual observation;

The fellow who massacred people in Texas USA three days ago was a 'devout' Atheist!

A person can be good or bad, rich or poor regardless of whether or not - they are Christian, Jew, Muslim, Budhist, Animist, Agnostics, Atheist etc

Of course there are "evil" atheists. Nobody is 100% clean in this world. I am not saying that atheists are exempt from their share of evil but the vast majority of atheists compared to theists are morally upright people with a conscience that does not rely on believing in a bearded man in the sky to do good.

We do good because it's the right thing to do, not because some god is watching us and keeping tabs on us which he will use to either deny or give us entry into some heaven. That is the worst type of hypocrisy ever.

Will atheist consider me immoral or moral if I steal food to feed a starving kid who is facing death?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
AlphDoti
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 7:47:54 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:

The fellow who massacred people in Texas USA three days ago was a 'devout' Atheist!

A person can be good or bad, rich or poor regardless of whether or not - they are Christian, Jew, Muslim, Budhist, Animist, Agnostics, Atheist etc

Of course there are "evil" atheists. Nobody is 100% clean in this world. I am not saying that atheists are exempt from their share of evil but the vast majority of atheists compared to theists are morally upright people with a conscience that does not rely on believing in a bearded man in the sky to do good.

We do good because it's the right thing to do, not because some god is watching us and keeping tabs on us which he will use to either deny or give us entry into some heaven. That is the worst type of hypocrisy ever.

So what % of atheist are evil people?
Much Know
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:08:23 PM

I've been a big supporter of "mainstream" in Kenya, this may survive better eventually than what is going on in the west, they do all in all carry out some key social duties when there is no conmanship, shouting, ruka rukaring, curing aids, etc Evangelicals will still encounter problems, indeed, Peter Drucker had some unreserved admiration for the salvation army and there social programs, but evangelist their style inaukora mingi sana though you can't say all, 100% etc but they lie so bluntly.
A New Kenya
hamburglar
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:25:36 PM

Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:

Will atheist consider me immoral or moral if I steal food to feed a starving kid who is facing death?

Stealing is obviously immoral as well as illegal. There are obviously better channels to pursue to feed those starving children. Remember, it's not your fault that the child is starving, but don't commit a crime to solve such a situation, you can empathize and maybe even feel sorry for the child but don't steal. Look for alternative ways. There are many ways and enough resources around the world to end child hunger but people just don't care enough to solve this epidemic. Maybe if Christians would stop giving pastors 10% of their earnings to buy mansions and instead think of ways to feed these starving children with that money, just maybe we could be on to something. But unfortunately, the stupid bible tells them to give their church (read pastors) their money and they are either too lazy or too brainwashed to think outside the box and come up with ways to help the needy instead of buying kanyari a range rover or kyuna a mansion. Problem with religious people is they don't think rationally. Blind faith suppresses their common sense. That child will continue to starve as they drive past him from church on sunday morning where they were entertained by actor/conman/thug Kanyari for a fee of 10% of their monthly earnings. Very unfortunate. Sometimes I wonder why religious people are so ignorant. Does religion really dumb down people that much?
Ngalaka
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 9:00:00 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:

I'm glad it is @Ngalaka who is saying this. At last you made the realization. Alhamdullillah! Applause Applause

Mbona sikupati!, Uko na maana gani ndugu!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
masukuma
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 10:14:02 PM

'devout' Atheist? is that paradox? devout means 'totally committed to a cause or belief'... perhaps what you meant was 'a devout anti-theist'. Since you are actually an Atheist.... to all other Gods but yours! How devout can you be to not believing in Buddha? Or the Gods of the Aboriginal tribes of Australia or Traditional American Indian Gods? Perhaps - if you are anti-God's of Aboriginal tribes of Micronesia - you would be an anti-theist.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Mtu Biz
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 6:50:20 AM

@hamburglar

You want to abolish religions from a religious mindset?

Sola Scriptura

FRM2011
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 11:41:59 AM

There is a gospel extravaganza coming up at the Citam-Karen featuring the legendary Don Moen.

The reason you are reading this here is because a group of friends, all atheists, are attending. Apparently they love Don Moen from their theist days.

For the record am not an atheist. Though my take on all religions is that they are outright frauds.

Lesson to @Ham : You can be an atheist and still find some religious stuff cool. No need for hating religious folks. What they need is love.

Lesson to religious fanatics : You don't push your faith to non-believers. You pull them to your faith. Its all about the packaging.

Mtu Biz
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 12:00:16 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

Lesson to religious fanatics : You don't push your faith to non-believers. You pull them to your faith. Its all about the packaging.

So in your view, all religions are frauds and here you are with advice on recruitment.

Sola Scriptura

Spikes
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 1:22:25 PM

Mtu Biz wrote:
@hamburglar

You want to abolish religions from a religious mindset?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ngalaka
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:56:24 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:

I'm glad it is @Ngalaka who is saying this. At last you made the realization. Alhamdullillah! Applause Applause

@AlphDoti,
Still waiting for you to shed light on your assertions on my person.
quicksand
#32 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 12:38:58 PM

Tell people they can't have something and they will want it more. Abolishing religion would have the opposite effect, not what the OP thinks...
tycho
#33 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 1:26:49 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
I have always wondered why life after should be better than now. Why not now?

What do we mean by 'now' and 'then'? If time is a relation among and between things then, life now, may be worse than the life to come because of what 'now' entails. We don't share a 'now' unless we create it jointly and deliberately.

So, 'why not now?' Because of the relations we've created and use.
tycho
#34 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 1:50:23 PM

masukuma wrote:
Which one causes the other? Is the relationship between churches and poverty one of correlation or causation? Cause or Effect?
Beware of simple narratives that explain complex problems

I can imagine that the wealth being enjoyed now may have been caused by religion, and as a consequence of wealth, indulgence may have been caused, which then caused irreligion enjoying wealth.

Now consider the 'wealth': If in the base year wealth was growing by the factor x and in subsequent years wealth grew by factors that were progressively less than x, such that by the time of appraisal the wealth factor has reduced to a factor approaching zero; wouldn't there be a case for saying irreligion causes poverty, even despite the fact that the measure of wealth is high relative to other entities?

For me this implies that materialism can't be a basis of evaluating religion against irreligion. Simply because it would be met by an infinite regress clouded by uncertainty of what's to be meseaured.

Finally, why is it taking some of us so long to discover that atheism has flourished most where it's been a religion?

Humans can't exist without religion.
#35 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 9:44:34 AM

Without religion there would be anarchy. It's only religion that's holding Kenya together right now.

BBI will solve it
:)
AlphDoti
#36 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 6:17:59 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:

@AlphDoti,

@Ngalaka, what I mean is... We see @burglar talk evil of other religions. And if he can learn from your post, he should now realize that we should not point fingers at the religions... because as much as we have bad Muslims, the Christians have bad Christians, and the atheists have bad atheists.

If we take for example Hitler. He killed 6 million people, 2nd world war is the result of Hitler's activities and millions people died. He was a Christian. Of course we would not judge Jesus (peace be upon him) by the behaviour of some few bad Christians who do not represent the teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him). Similarly, we cannot blame the whole community because of some Muslims who are not representing the principles of the religion.

In short, in every community there are black sheep but on the basis of these black sheep we can't say that the whole community is wrong.

and i said I'm glad to see people dialogue with open mind and open heart because an open heart-mind can receive something.
Drobos fly
#37 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:25:20 PM

I'm finding this post ultra silly. Look no further but in Kenya. Greed and selfishness is the cause of the malpractices and injustices widespread across the country. That is a moral issue that has nothing to do with whether you call yourself as saint or not. It is not the mouth that defines a person, it is their deeds d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

....anyway some people loooove idle talk and I'm not one given to such.
Ngalaka
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:55:37 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:

@AlphDoti,

@Ngalaka, what I mean is... We see @burglar talk evil of other religions. And if he can learn from your post, he should now realize that we should not point fingers at the religions... because as much as we have bad Muslims, the Christians have bad Christians, and the atheists have bad atheists.

If we take for example Hitler. He killed 6 million people, 2nd world war is the result of Hitler's activities and millions people died. He was a Christian. Of course we would not judge Jesus (peace be upon him) by the behaviour of some few bad Christians who do not represent the teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him). Similarly, we cannot blame the whole community because of some Muslims who are not representing the principles of the religion.

In short, in every community there are black sheep but on the basis of these black sheep we can't say that the whole community is wrong.

and i said I'm glad to see people dialogue with open mind and open heart because an open heart-mind can receive something.

With the positive spin you have given it, sounds ok...
The highlighted part had stricken me as loaded though.

All in all....Cheers brother.
murchr
#39 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:01:00 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#40 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:22:59 PM

murchr wrote:

I hope it is some movie they are acting Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen