9 Pages«<56789>
Wahome Gakuru – Nyeri Governor
#121 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:03:16 PM

I honestly do not envy the new incoming Governor Mutahi Kahiga.
He will be the person with the worst job in Kenya. Ok, maybe only second to Chebukati.

#122 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:48:32 AM

Kili wrote:
I see a man who could not take indiscipline.How does a driver ask a Governor for ticket fees.Not in government.You either take imprest or pay & make a claim later.

Are we reading same script!!!

Six drivers in such a short span? Either the Boss was intolerant or there is something very wrong with the Transport office!
#123 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 7:52:11 AM

Kili wrote:
I see a man who could not take indiscipline.How does a driver ask a Governor for ticket fees.Not in government.You either take imprest or pay & make a claim later.

Yes it is the same script but different interpretation.

For me I see 3 things
1.He did not trust those drivers of the previous administration.
2.He was a perfectionist and so was looking for the perfect driver in all this changes.
3.He was running away from something,real on imaginery.

At this point we are likely to analyse hos every action and move to get answers.Even the cloths he wore may become a discussion point.There have been stories doing rounds of his love life which mirrored his "great vision" so you never know.
#124 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 8:33:31 AM

Kili wrote:

Kwani the Kanjo car no.1 pays for parking? This story smells fishy.....
#125 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:24:27 AM

He will be the person with the worst job in Kenya. Ok, maybe only second to Chebukati.

I think Nyeri people and Kenyans at large should let the new governor be. I've seen some people trying to push for his resignation so as to force fresh elections for the gubernatorial seat as Kahiga 'is not the choice of the people, Gakuru was'

What's wrong with Kenyans? When you went to vote for Gakuru, you didn't know he has a deputy, a teacher by profession? Now that you think a teacher can't run a county, why did you vote for a governor with a teacher as a deputy?

We should not entertain any amendment to the constitution to bar deputy governors from taking over counties for the rest of the term in case the governor vacates office because THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR IS ELECTED JUST AS THE GOVERNOR!! He is elected in the joint ticket for situations like this one we have in Nyeri!

When you vote for your president/governor, you vote for his deputy as well. Make sure you like both guys, if not, you have other options
#126 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 12:23:09 PM

From what I am hearing the guy is no pushover. Apparently he has three billionaires from Nyeri who have his back. The same group that backed him for the KNUT post. He ran a very well-oiled campaign for the KNUT seat.

The recently appointed CECs were said to have been ignoring him and pledging their loyalty to the late governor. Same for the MCAs and tender-preneurs who bankrolled Gakuru. They all treated him like a wall-flower. The hour of reckoning has come even before the party started.

Now we have a governor who owes allegiance to nobody. If he plays his cards well, he could be the one governor with a free hand to do whatever he wishes. He has the resources to buy the MCAs.
#127 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 12:36:09 PM

From what I am hearing the guy is no pushover. Apparently he has three billionaires from Nyeri who have his back. The same group that backed him for the KNUT post. He ran a very well-oiled campaign for the KNUT seat.

The recently appointed CECs were said to have been ignoring him and pledging their loyalty to the late governor. Same for the MCAs and tender-preneurs who bankrolled Gakuru. They all treated him like a wall-flower. The hour of reckoning has come even before the party started.

Now we have a governor who owes allegiance to nobody. If he plays his cards well, he could be the one governor with a free hand to do whatever he wishes. He has the resources to buy the MCAs.

Saw the fear Sonko had and realised this is a wake-up call to the people in their voting partners. I hear this is part of why Nyong'o won in Kisumu smile
#128 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 2:20:46 PM

I think Nyeri people and Kenyans at large should let the new governor be. I've seen some people trying to push for his resignation so as to force fresh elections for the gubernatorial seat as Kahiga 'is not the choice of the people, Gakuru was'

What's wrong with Kenyans? When you went to vote for Gakuru, you didn't know he has a deputy, a teacher by profession? Now that you think a teacher can't run a county, why did you vote for a governor with a teacher as a deputy?

We should not entertain any amendment to the constitution to bar deputy governors from taking over counties for the rest of the term in case the governor vacates office because THE DEPUTY GOVERNOR IS ELECTED JUST AS THE GOVERNOR!! He is elected in the joint ticket for situations like this one we have in Nyeri!

When you vote for your president/governor, you vote for his deputy as well. Make sure you like both guys, if not, you have other options

Yaani Nyerians are rejecting a teacher while Nairobians voted in a jail bird with no defined profession by rejecting a lawyer(MM), businessman(PK) and technocrat(Qidero)
#129 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 2:48:58 PM

The super witness...

#130 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 3:32:36 PM

I don't think his troubles will come from the people of Nyeri or Kenyans. His biggest problem I foresee will be the hyenas as they've come to be known. The MCAs. They are elected officials while he is not and the constitution does not give provisions of how a deputy governor should be elected. A deputy governor helps to balance the political pressure when the structure works well. Believe me, you have no idea what these people are like, ask around your area why there has been no local basic development in the last 5 years. This guy is a sitting duck whichever way you look at it. They really frustrated the last governor Gachagua, the county was almost at a stand-still through his term.

#131 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:42:45 AM

I don't think his troubles will come from the people of Nyeri or Kenyans. His biggest problem I foresee will be the hyenas as they've come to be known. The MCAs. They are elected officials while he is not and the constitution does not give provisions of how a deputy governor should be elected. A deputy governor helps to balance the political pressure when the structure works well. Believe me, you have no idea what these people are like, ask around your area why there has been no local basic development in the last 5 years. This guy is a sitting duck whichever way you look at it. They really frustrated the last governor Gachagua, the county was almost at a stand-still through his term.

The former crop was thrown away. Lets hope this time round these ones will behave now that they saw what their predecessors went through.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:50:19 AM

The former crop was thrown away. Lets hope this time round these ones will behave now that they saw what their predecessors went through.

My exact sentiments. Nyeri voters are very ruthless. They fired all MCAs except one and all MPS except kanini kega who only survived after convincing his strongest challenger to run as deputy governor with Mutahi Kagwe.

There will be the initial rebellion but thereafter a convergence of interests (read eating). Mutua's cabinet was rejected entirely by the MCAs but I can bet they will approve on second round. They were basically setting up the ground rules for future negotiations.
#133 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:03:16 PM

My exact sentiments. Nyeri voters are very ruthless. They fired all MCAs except one and all MPS except kanini kega who only survived after convincing his strongest challenger to run as deputy governor with Mutahi Kagwe.

There will be the initial rebellion but thereafter a convergence of interests (read eating). Mutua's cabinet was rejected entirely by the MCAs but I can bet they will approve on second round. They were basically setting up the ground rules for future negotiations.

@FRM2011, Your home county is the most democratic in KE. No blind political leanings and very open to visionary candidates/ideas. I hear there is one county there that never had a MP get a second term, quite exemplary in breathing fresh air in leadership.
#134 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:15:54 PM

Can this Kahiga debate get it's own thread this one belongs to the late, the new governor will have an interesting term seeing all the doubting Toms
#135 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:32:43 PM

@FRM2011, Your home county is the most democratic in KE. No blind political leanings and very open to visionary candidates/ideas. I hear there is one county there that never had a MP get a second term, quite exemplary in breathing fresh air in leadership.

That would be TETU constituency. It has been a revolving door since 1988. Not even Wangari Mathai would survive.
#136 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:50:18 PM

how is that democratic more than Othaya(Kefake 1974-2013) or Mwingi North?
#137 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 10:50:04 AM

For a moment I thought he was a saint..the way wazuans he taught praised him.
Kumbe he had eaten and pegged his wife's niece who was living with them.
Nkt.
Fisi no fisi tu.

Fisi life rink

#138 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 12:15:17 PM

Nkt.
Fisi no fisi tu.

Fisi life rink

We were praising his contribution to public policy and intellectual capacity. Family and moral issues are another cup of tea. Do not even go there. Let those who have not sinned cast the first stone.
#139 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 12:13:12 PM

Rest in Peace Governor.

No one is righteous, for the Bible says even God corrects and punishes his angels, how then about his people made of clay?

#140 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 1:39:24 PM

Nkt.
Fisi no fisi tu.

Fisi life rink

Great men are strong everywhere.

Vision,leadership........and attraction to women.He is the kind of guy whom women dont mind being a mpango to.Even majuu its the laws that restrict their leaders otherwise people like Obama would have had many women.