Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<789
Outering Road Finally....
hardwood
#161 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 10:01:45 AM

washiku
#162 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 10:55:54 PM

hardwood wrote:

Recently used this road. Was used to taking almost hours to get to Dohni...Now in my mesmerization, I pressed on the pedal nicely and steadily thinking that I will take like 30 mins. No sooner had I started the journey than I saw Taj Mall right in front of me.
Angelica _ann
#163 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:59:11 AM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kweli JP are a serious lot smile

Very serious. Road complete.....

Taj mall area is still crazy, needs to be sorted out!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#164 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:51:49 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Donholm to Lunga Lunga Rd stretch still in progress

Good work though
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#165 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:04:54 AM

washiku wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Recently used this road. Was used to taking almost hours to get to Dohni...Now in my mesmerization, I pressed on the pedal nicely and steadily thinking that I will take like 30 mins. No sooner had I started the journey than I saw Taj Mall right in front of me.

Did you crash into Taj mall? Were you using outering road or the railway line? Taj mall is on the right of outering and in front of the railway line .smile smile smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kayhara
#166 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:18:47 PM

Yesterday going to the Airport we got stuck for some minutes at the funny roundabout after taj. The matatus have and take a lane or two to carry passengers.
To Each His Own
Taurrus
#167 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:00:51 PM

washiku wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Hope you are not the one driving on the wrong side in a blue and his/her friend infront!smile
Angelica _ann
#168 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:14:54 PM

kayhara wrote:
Yesterday going to the Airport we got stuck for some minutes at the funny roundabout after taj. The matatus have and take a lane or two to carry passengers.

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Fyatu
#169 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:48:37 AM

Are the Japanese out to prove a point???

LINK
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
hardwood
#170 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:06:22 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

http://uploads.tapatalk-...b9b9801a7fa0e0cfe57.jpg

Saw this somewhere...

sanity
#171 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 10:11:44 AM

All these and yet pedestrians and Matatus not catered for.
Hope is not a strategy
Musimo
#172 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:56:46 PM

sanity wrote:

After the kiboko thika road did on them, the contractor and contracting agency decided to wait so that they can determine the actual pints where the footbridges and the stages would be constructed to avoid over-spending on the road. They will be built, and with a high degree of certainty at points where there are high numbers of pedestrians so that they will not remain majorly unused like the mang'u high school one. Remember also that the street lighting has not been done yet.
jgithige
#173 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 2:33:47 PM

Musimo wrote:
sanity wrote:

After the kiboko thika road did on them, the contractor and contracting agency decided to wait so that they can determine the actual pints where the footbridges and the stages would be constructed to avoid over-spending on the road. They will be built, and with a high degree of certainty at points where there are high numbers of pedestrians so that they will not remain majorly unused like the mang'u high school one. Remember also that the street lighting has not been done yet.

Something needs to be done in allsops area. Ever jam especially on weekends and peakhours. Maybe an interchange would do.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
Realtreaty
#174 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 12:53:48 PM

Gosh!!!Sad d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

800 Million for 10 bridges???

80 Million per bridge ?

Then we get similar bridges like ones on City stadium, Ladhies road and wakulima market that look like they were intended for Wild beast crossings?

Why the bridges were never include in the initial tendering?

Kenyan engineers are myopic and too useless to think anything and reason foreign cons are able to screw us.

We need better Project Managers as this was a miss during the prototype session

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

https://www.businessdailyafrica....364312-iwu57g/index.html

wukan
#175 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 2:13:13 PM

Realtreaty wrote:

80 Million per bridge ?

Then we get similar bridges like ones on City stadium, Ladhies road and wakulima market that look like they were intended for Wild beast crossings?

Kenyan engineers are myopic and too useless to think anything and reason foreign cons are able to screw us.

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

The projects done by kenya urban roads authority have a lot of issues. Upper hill roads come to mind no pedestrian facilities at all. I think the engineers at KURA don't care about pedestrians as road users. They should be taken to Japan to be schooled on building urban roads.
Stiffler
#176 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 6:44:26 PM

wukan wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

80 Million per bridge ?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

The projects done by kenya urban roads authority have a lot of issues. Upper hill roads come to mind no pedestrian facilities at all. I think the engineers at KURA don't care about pedestrians as road users. They should be taken to Japan to be schooled on building urban roads.

In Transport Unit in any Engineering Class, the need to cater for Pedestrians is always stressed on. There is a Stretch on Riverside Drive I always refer to in my Technical Discourses. Room for Pedestrians and Cyclists well provided for.

Some of these cases are just greedy guys at the ministry/ client. Tender Documents have 10 footbridges, do 5 instead. Pocket the 500 mill savings....
Angelica _ann
#177 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 10:50:11 AM

Stiffler wrote:
wukan wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

80 Million per bridge ?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

In Transport Unit in any Engineering Class, the need to cater for Pedestrians is always stressed on. There is a Stretch on Riverside Drive I always refer to in my Technical Discourses. Room for Pedestrians and Cyclists well provided for.

Some of these cases are just greedy guys at the ministry/ client. Tender Documents have 10 footbridges, do 5 instead. Pocket the 500 mill savings....

This is normal eating by Jubilee Government, as was expected!!!
kawi254
#178 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:26:51 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
wukan wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

80 Million per bridge ?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

80 Million per bridge is cheap by Jubilee tendering standards. The ones at GM & Bellevue Mombasa road cost 440 Million per bridge.

This is normal eating by Jubilee Government, as was expected!!!