wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya Re versus Unga Ltd
Wondergirl
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:57:48 AM

Hey guys.
I have some cash to invest- I'm torn between Unga Ltd and Kenya Re. What is the feeling of the Vitual republic of Wazua?...
wukan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:19:45 PM

I'm not a believer in GoK firms so i would go with Unga
winmak
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:22:11 PM

Apples to Oranges.... I know @VVS has a keen interest on these 2 and can give a nice input
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
VituVingiSana
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:06:03 PM

winmak wrote:
Apples to Oranges.... I know @VVS has a keen interest on these 2 and can give a nice input

I am in both for different reasons (fundamentals) but the same core reason [to make money].
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:23:35 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

I am in both for different reasons (fundamentals) but the same core reason [to make money].

The real question here is why would anyone invest in a KES 21 per share stock to obtain KES0.80 dividend after 12 months.. It's possible that a mutura salesman earns higher returns than such an investor. I prefer capital appreciation.. But I also understand that investment choices are personal decisions

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:56:06 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

The real question here is why would anyone invest in a KES 21 per share stock to obtain KES0.80 dividend after 12 months.. It's possible that a mutura salesman earns higher returns than such an investor. I prefer capital appreciation.. But I also understand that investment choices are personal decisions

Coz we get a dividend Applause Applause Applause [& have done so consistently since 2012] without having to pump up (aka pyramid scheme) the shares! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gatheuzi
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:06:06 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

That is a yield of 3.8%. Not bad as you wait for it to grow over time. By freezing the yield, you separate yourself from everyone out there meaning that should dividend grow to 1.05 Bob in 2 years, you will be yielding 5% on cost. This is because even if market price is 25 by that time, your original cost remains the same.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Wondergirl
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:11:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

@very many things,
I don't have the luxury(at least not at the moment) to invest in both. One please Pray Pray Pray
Obiero,
help a damsel out.....just give your thoughts on the two.
Wondergirl
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:14:01 AM

winmak wrote:

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
obiero
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:31:13 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

Coz we get a dividend Applause Applause Applause [& have done so consistently since 2012] without having to pump up (aka pyramid scheme) the shares! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I will revisit this post on the 29th

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Fyatu
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:10:46 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

Such comments are what makes me question credibility of the so called wazua elders. Nothing personal..i repeat i have nothing personal against brother @Obiero.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ebenyo
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:05:31 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

That is a yield of 3.8%. Not bad as you wait for it to grow over time. By freezing the yield, you separate yourself from everyone out there meaning that should dividend grow to 1.05 Bob in 2 years, you will be yielding 5% on cost. This is because even if market price is 25 by that time, your original cost remains the same.

Thats how wealth is created-overtime.Its called delayed gratification.Hii maneno ingine ya kutaka upate milioni kumi safari moja alafu umalize tena safari moja ni umaskini.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Elephant Man
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:33:34 AM

Hallo @wondergirl...if you specified your objective and time frame you may receive the wise wazuan advice you're seeking...and in any event, why limit yourself to these two counters?

and if you do not receive any meaningful advice...hedge your bets, split the cash into two and buy both...

my two zim's...