126 Pages«<5657585960>»
Madness at the NSE
Muthawamunene
#1141 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:49:29 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
NSE 20 share index touches 3600 mark

Expect an hungry bull after good elections on the contrary expect a slaughter of this small calf looking like a bull

Let's forget about the elections (good or bad that is) for a minute, what is your reading of the underlying KE fundies in addition to the accompanying policy directions?

This is my naive and impromptu answer.
I think the financial and technology sectors are poised for growth.

1 - The fundamentals are solid - (The digitization of services neutralized rate-caps, as you have seen, the income statements have remained the same, and will only get better once the population gets a firm grip on electronic banking)
2 - The regulation is proper
3 - The population can't get enough of these services.

Bull or not, you will not go wrong with these sectors, esp in the long term.

The energy sector would be another utopia were it not for government interference and incompetence (looking at you KPLC).
Ericsson
#1142 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:10:56 PM

EABL clocks 267.
Next door is 280
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
lochaz-index
#1143 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:30:55 PM

Muthawamunene wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
NSE 20 share index touches 3600 mark

Expect an hungry bull after good elections on the contrary expect a slaughter of this small calf looking like a bull

Let's forget about the elections (good or bad that is) for a minute, what is your reading of the underlying KE fundies in addition to the accompanying policy directions?

This is my naive and impromptu answer.
I think the financial and technology sectors are poised for growth.

1 - The fundamentals are solid - (The digitization of services neutralized rate-caps, as you have seen, the income statements have remained the same, and will only get better once the population gets a firm grip on electronic banking)
2 - The regulation is proper
3 - The population can't get enough of these services.

Bull or not, you will not go wrong with these sectors, esp in the long term.

The energy sector would be another utopia were it not for government interference and incompetence (looking at you KPLC).

For the long term the outlook is bullish alright but I was more interested in the 1-2 year window from now.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
carolmuggz
#1144 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 5:05:12 PM

Anyone with nse 20 daily data from 2005-2016 please assist.my email is carolinemugwe6@gmail.com...need it for my thesis.
piedpiper
#1145 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 5:57:15 PM

carolmuggz wrote:
Anyone with nse 20 daily data from 2005-2016 please assist.my email is carolinemugwe6@gmail.com...need it for my thesis.

You may find this helpful: https://www.investing.com/indices/kenya-nse-20
Life is a beach and I'm just playing in the sand
NFag
#1146 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:23:59 PM

I think it's better to entrust your money to an experienced broker https://topbrokers.com/ This is much more reliable than learning from your mistakes and losing money. You can not become a good broker by reading a couple of books.
shocks
#1147 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:16:55 PM

NFag wrote:
I think it's better to entrust your money to an experienced broker https://topbrokers.com/ This is much more reliable than learning from your mistakes and losing money. You can not become a good broker by reading a couple of books.

Do you charge a % of the gain or a fixed fee no matter the returns?
AndyC
#1148 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:32:33 PM

shocks wrote:
NFag wrote:

I don't think anyone should be entrusted with your money unless they helped earn it. You can become a good broker by reading a couple of books and learning from your mistakes.smile
Ebenyo
#1149 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:17:49 AM

AndyC wrote:
shocks wrote:
NFag wrote:

I don't think anyone should be entrusted with your money unless they helped earn it. You can become a good broker by reading a couple of books and learning from your mistakes.smile

i agree with you.I dont deal with a broker.I make my own decisions.When a company in my portfolio announces results,i go through the financial results and make my own judgement.When i loose i dont blame anyone instead i learn from it.So far so good.I learn everyday and try to avoid repeating mistakes.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
NFag
#1150 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:33:59 PM

Thank you for your message, this information helped me a lot. In my plans to visit many countries in Africa, because on this continent a lot of interesting things https://set-travel.com/en/africa Next month I plan to fly to Egypt.
VituVingiSana
#1151 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 11:48:21 AM

Prices seem to be falling across the board.
For many who have cash on the sidelines, this might a good time to buy share in SELECTED firms.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#1152 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 12:33:12 PM

https://www.businessdail...4236-yu0es1z/index.html

Safaricom alone is more than 160bn
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
winmak
#1153 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 1:53:56 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
For many who have cash on the sidelines, this might a good time to buy share in SELECTED firms.

Suggest 2 which are within reasonable price (all good firms seem overpriced at the moment)
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
VituVingiSana
#1154 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 3:05:19 PM

winmak wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Suggest 2 which are within reasonable price (all good firms seem overpriced at the moment)

My "selections" may be different from yours i.e. your criteria may be different.
I am OK with a lumpy return from firms with lumpy earnings as long as they are good [corporate governance] firms with a modest to good outlook over a 5-10 year period.

I like TPSEA and KK among others. Please note BOTH have challenges in FY 2018.

TPSEA - Huge cash outlay to expand/improve Serena Nairobi among other properties.
KK - High (April 2018 had $75+ from sub-50 in 2017) oil prices will increase financing costs, theft/pilferage and reduce volume sales.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#1155 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 6:56:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/capital/Investors-lose-Sh191bn-NSE-in-two-weeks/4259442-4494236-yu0es1z/index.html

Safaricom alone is more than 160bn

i have read the article but nothing of the sort is mentioned.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
wukan
#1156 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 7:46:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Dollar shorts are being squeezed and the frontier markets are the first assets to be dumped to cover the margin call. Don't catch falling knives.
obiero
#1157 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 7:58:28 PM

wukan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Dollar shorts are being squeezed and the frontier markets are the first assets to be dumped to cover the margin call. Don't catch falling knives.

Agreed

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#1158 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 10:42:37 PM

wukan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Quality firms at fair prices are a-OK in my book. That's why I used the term SELECTED...

Warren Buffett: "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
VituVingiSana
#1159 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 11:07:05 PM

Warren Buffett Lessons:

9) Invest for the Long Term
“Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”

10) Buy It Thinking You Will Hold It Forever
“Our favorite holding period is forever.”

17) Make Your Own Forecasts
“Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.”

21) Invest Only in Companies You Know and Trust
“An investor should act as though he had a lifetime decision card with just twenty punches on it.”

24) Seize Great Opportunities and Load Up the Truck
“Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.”

27) Make Long-Term Investments Over Short Term Ones
“If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.”
kaimbaga2012
#1160 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:09:31 PM

wukan wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Which shares would you recommend one to buy as the prices come down