wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<23456>»
Hellios Billions from Equity Bank to buy Telkom kenya
Ericsson
#61 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 10:18:49 AM

tinker wrote:
Any relation between 'New'Telkom Kenya and Telkom South Africa. Their logos and colours looks almost a like.

No relation
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 7:27:12 AM

obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Safaricom is finishing Zuku on the internet to the home business.
Strong competitor to safaricom will only emerge if the other companies begin to run their businesses professionally and strategically

Zuku did not have sufficient muscle.. JTL is a better fit for such battles since it is held in proxy by the old man. I speak in code

JTL is in survival mode.It has lost a big chunk of it's business recently and is on the verge of closing down.
I'm an insider of the on-goings in JTL

Dear insider, do you know anyone by the name Mwaniki

I know Bor and their head of Networks. Was with him a month ago and we talked at length

Here we are.. Calls at KES 1.80 to any network.. Telkom Kenya reborn http://www.businessdaily...57924-afq3p3/index.html

Dead On Arrival!
same mistake made by Airtel and repeated by Orange. It has no effect in Kenyan market. And Safaricom knows this very well.

Money is in the data business where average spend is higher

Serious things happening at Telkom http://www.businessdaily...46822-s7tl2p/index.html

They will definitely eat into Airtel's market. Safcom as the main sim card will never be easily replaced but sim card number 2 will always be rotated. This is where Airtel and Telkom will battle it out.

These must have been the same kind of thoughts BBK management had about other banks in the mid 2000

Safaricom is different from Barclays. Plus these prices given by Telkom are just slightly better and in some cases the same as what Safaricom offers. Everytime Safcom see people migrating they always adjust...

I know what you are saying and agree that Safaricom is strong but Telkom is trying.. The partnership with Dstv on home fibre is an example of innovative thinking. The white men are good at strategy

Vindu vichangeanga. Never look down upon competition https://www.businessdail...249236-nl9kp7/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#63 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 12:34:13 PM

https://www.businessdail...28656-7u8t0t/index.html

Telkom Kenya is set to receive a Sh4.1 billion ($40 million) loan from the European Investment Bank to boost infrastructure and mobile money network.

The European Investment Bank (EIB) said the loan, which is still going through appraisal, will only form part of the funding for Telkom Kenya’s Sh9.34 billion ($92 billion) network expansion project.
Ericsson
#64 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 10:52:04 AM

Telkom kenya launches mobile money T-kash that reduces chances of sending money to wrong person or paying wrong Paybill. With T-kash you confirm a transaction BEFORE entering your PIN & completing the transaction,after that you enter PIN and you're given a few seconds to confirm the transaction.
snifadog
#65 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 11:02:13 AM

I ask myself if this is the USP? reducing the chances of sending money to the wrong recipient? if so then I wait to see if there is any uptake
Ericsson
#66 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 7:07:59 PM

Ksh.1bn spent on Tkash development
watesh
#67 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:37:08 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Should have spent half of this on the network instead. Mobile money is an uphill task in the current market conditions but data war is much more winnable. Anyway lets wait and see what moves TKash has in store for us.
Ericsson
#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:48:06 AM

watesh wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Should have spent half of this on the network instead. Mobile money is an uphill task in the current market conditions but data war is much more winnable. Anyway lets wait and see what moves TKash has in store for us.

Network they have so far spent sh.5bn with a further planned sh.4.2bn
KulaRaha
#69 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:52:42 AM

Too little too late.

Mindless copying won't help Telkom...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
obiero
#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:49:52 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Too little too late.

Mindless copying won't help Telkom...

Nothing mindless going on at Telkom

snifadog
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:17:50 PM

the MPESA train gathered steam a long time ago, trying to compete there is rather a fruitless endeavour
obiero
#72 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:44:20 PM

snifadog wrote:
the MPESA train gathered steam a long time ago, trying to compete there is rather a fruitless endeavour

If a similar product offering with a strong agent network, at a lower tarrif occurs, then the unthinkable may just become a reality. Safaricom must not take Telkom lightly

Ericsson
#73 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:53:53 PM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

If a similar product offering with a strong agent network, at a lower tarrif occurs, then the unthinkable may just become a reality. Safaricom must not take Telkom lightly

@Obiero what about Airtel and airtel money
KulaRaha
#74 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:11:35 PM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

Mindless copying won't take them anywhere. Safcom is safe given Telkom's history.

Waste of funds...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
snifadog
#75 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:55:15 PM

obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

even if a competitor came which was 10-20% better than MPESA, it would never catch up imo, at this rate any competitor needs to change the game completely. orders of magnitude better/different if you want to stop this train
Ericsson
#76 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:00:35 PM

snifadog wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

even if a competitor came which was 10-20% better than MPESA, it would never catch up imo, at this rate any competitor needs to change the game completely. orders of magnitude better/different if you want to stop this train

Telkom kenya strategy is to dislodge airtel and become number 2 and the owners to get a return on their investments.
They know they can't dislodge safaricom from top position.
jgithige
#77 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:00:55 PM

Ericsson wrote:
snifadog wrote:
obiero wrote:
snifadog wrote:

Telkom kenya strategy is to dislodge airtel and become number 2 and the owners to get a return on their investments.
They know they can't dislodge safaricom from top position.

MPESA is just 11 yrs old. Its never too late to compete. Truly safaricom is a huge titanic.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
VituVingiSana
#78 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:53:54 PM

The reality is that M-Pesa is the preferred (mobile money) choice for many vendors. Many vendors/establishments accept just M-Pesa that one has no choice but to use M-Pesa.

I prefer using Airtel Money where possible coz it's cheaper BUT my choices are limited so I default to Safcom.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#79 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 8:21:17 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
The reality is that M-Pesa is the preferred (mobile money) choice for many vendors. Many vendors/establishments accept just M-Pesa that one has no choice but to use M-Pesa.

I prefer using Airtel Money where possible coz it's cheaper BUT my choices are limited so I default to Safcom.

Vindu vichangeanga

VituVingiSana
#80 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 8:38:04 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Vindu vichangeanga

Applause Applause Applause As long as it costs less/same to send money from Airtel to Safcom
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett