wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kadhi courts were in Bomas/Wako drafts, where were the hypocrites
Wa_ithaka
#1 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:08:17 PM

I am against having kadhi courts in the katiba, but what I can't stomach is the bare-faced politicised hypocrisy from so-called born again christian leaders.
Kadhi courts were in the Bomas and Wako drafts and you couldn't get a head of kanisa to comment. In fact, all they said is read and decide for yourself.
I strongly suspect churches are fronting succession politics...
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
B.Timer
#2 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:27:54 PM

Get a copy of Wako draft that went to referundum.
It gave equal footing to all religions.
The church was given the same opportunity just like the Muslims to establish their own religious courts.

So for the Christians, the question of discrimination did not arise.
Dunia ni msongamano..
masukuma
#3 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 3:38:55 PM

@Wa_ithaka, actually the evangelicals fought both drafts on abortion and Kadhi's courts. please check your sources.
If i remember correctly the Muslims still fought the Wako draft since "HADHI YA MAHAKAMA ZA KADHI IMESHUKUSHWA" by including the other religious courts in the same clause as the Kadhi's courts.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
cruso
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:13:01 AM

@Wa_ithaka in the current process, the Church has been ignored especially by the so called experts. If am not wrong, (i stand to be corrected) in the previous drafts, there was clear separation of state and religion. The clergy then let the pple to decide on whether we can live with that since all religions were clearly to be treated equal. The current draft has trumpled on all the gains made in the past. Besides, the church was blamed for not guiding their flock both in 2005 referendum and 2007 elections. Right now they are giving guidence and no one even the born again christians are bound to follow their counsel.

My hunch is that this time round the church is prophetic. Even if the No team does not carry the day, their warnings and concerns will become evident during the implimentation of the draft constitution. Thats when the church's point will be felt and seen.
RELIGION = MAN LOOKING FOR GOD AND SALVATION = GOD LOOKING FOR MAN.
masukuma
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:36:46 AM

Actually, the Evangelicals did make noise about it. the root of this case was the Evangelicals raising this matter. the only reason they were not heard is because the Raila and Ruto teams were making so much noise on other clauses.
Pastor M
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:38:46 AM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
I am against having kadhi courts in the katiba, but what I can't stomach is the bare-faced politicised hypocrisy from so-called born again christian leaders.
Kadhi courts were in the Bomas and Wako drafts and you couldn't get a head of kanisa to comment. In fact, all they said is read and decide for yourself.

@Waithaka
Before you call anybody hypocrite....please be doing a research...as much you want to attack us (hypocrisy from so-called born again christian leaders)....do it with truth and understanding ama.....
ibsi
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:42:29 PM

When will the Muslims feel like Kenyans? Do they want to pretend that their God is greater than God of others. They should know that there is only One God.
Trust in God and endure patiently.
masukuma
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:49:46 PM

@Wai_thaka,
were you aware that the Hindu Council of Kenya had been served with the application and it filed an affidavit in which it raised concerns sympathetic to the applicants, basically that the inclusion of the Kadhis courts in the Bomas Draft appeared to favour one religion against another?
Mpenzi
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:04:42 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:

Please get facts right first - what about the suit filed by the church leaders?