118 Pages«<116117118
Law Capping interest rates
obiero
#2341 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:08:20 AM

heri wrote:
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Banks get more agressive on reposessions. However getting buyers is an equally tough task for the auctioneers.

link

Private sector recession public sector consumption... waiting for the shit to hit the fansmile smile

Wish our local media wrote such stories instead of the political crap

All Kenyan banks to report continued reduction in profit going into full year. Q3 already reveals a terrible situation, led by HFCK with a 65% PBT tumble YoY, NBK 58% slide, and SCBK 30% down..

if the rates cap had not been put in place, and the economy is evidently doing badly, i wonder if the banks would be worse off since they would have continued lending at high rates and people would still be borrowing more to keep afloat but that can only go on for so long.

If the banks are doing this badly and yet they are earning alot from lending to the government at high rates, what if the lending to the government becomes not too attractive

I wonder how HF will recover seeing that real estate is badly hit

Excuse me, but do you know the TBILL rate for September 2015.. Therein lies your answer
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty