wazua Mon, Dec 18, 2017
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

73 Pages«<6869707172>»
Exchange Bar: Results forecast
The Great
#1381 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:21:42 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/9/2015
Posts: 230
Elders please explain NBK's performance.
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
obiero
#1382 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:06:32 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
The Great wrote:
Elders please explain NBK's performance.

@TG which kind of explanation do you require
www.winda.co.ke
Ebenyo
#1383 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:34:57 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 981
Location: Kitale
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:
Elders please explain NBK's performance.

@TG which kind of explanation do you require


Is he aware that kcb is going to buy nbk?
Dont work for money.Let your money work for you.
HaMaina
#1384 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:45:01 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 399
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Great wrote:
Elders please explain NBK's performance.

@TG which kind of explanation do you require


Is he aware that kcb is going to buy nbk?


Is considering. Note " The government is said to be looking to sell the stake in NBK "

Regulator ‘unaware’ of KCB’s takeover bid of National Bank, cautions public

http://www.businessdaily...8434-2etc0hz/index.html


“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
obiero
#1385 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 5:48:50 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
I have all the results ready apart from Member.. This quarter represents a sad story in the banking industry
www.winda.co.ke
heri
#1386 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 6:01:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 566
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
I have all the results ready apart from Member.. This quarter represents a sad story in the banking industry


how is DTB and KCB doing?
obiero
#1387 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 6:07:16 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
heri wrote:
obiero wrote:
I have all the results ready apart from Member.. This quarter represents a sad story in the banking industry


how is DTB and KCB doing?

Not too good bro. But better than the rest
www.winda.co.ke
heri
#1388 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 6:43:17 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 566
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
heri wrote:
obiero wrote:
I have all the results ready apart from Member.. This quarter represents a sad story in the banking industry


how is DTB and KCB doing?

Not too good bro. But better than the rest


I have a 30% gain on DTB which i think i better take but for KCB i will hold since i have no gains to talk about
obiero
#1389 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 9:15:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q3 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 21.8
EQTY 20.4
COOP 14.4
SCBK 7.7
DTB 7.6
BBK 7.4
I&M 6.6
CFC 3.9
NIC 3.9
HFCK 0.41
NBK 0.31
www.winda.co.ke
heri
#1390 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 9:11:54 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 566
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q3 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 21.8
EQTY 20.4
COOP 14.4
SCBK 7.7
DTB 7.6
BBK 7.4
I&M 6.6
CFC 3.9
NIC 3.9
HFCK 0.41
NBK 0.31


NIC compared to 2016 means a whopping -24% drop in PBT???. All showing dropped PBT other than KCB as compared to Q3 in 2016. Even DTB shows dropped PBT as compared to 2016.
obiero
#1391 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 9:24:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
heri wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q3 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 21.8
EQTY 20.4
COOP 14.4
SCBK 7.7
DTB 7.6
BBK 7.4
I&M 6.6
CFC 3.9
NIC 3.9
HFCK 0.41
NBK 0.31


NIC compared to 2016 means a whopping -24% drop in PBT???. All showing dropped PBT other than KCB as compared to Q3 in 2016. Even DTB shows dropped PBT as compared to 2016.

Even KCB is down
www.winda.co.ke
Ericsson
#1392 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 9:52:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 3,891
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
heri wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q3 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 21.8
EQTY 20.4
COOP 14.4
SCBK 7.7
DTB 7.6
BBK 7.4
I&M 6.6
CFC 3.9
NIC 3.9
HFCK 0.41
NBK 0.31


NIC compared to 2016 means a whopping -24% drop in PBT???. All showing dropped PBT other than KCB as compared to Q3 in 2016. Even DTB shows dropped PBT as compared to 2016.

Even KCB is down


Equity 20.4bn profit will be a hard nut to crack bearing that they have the KQ loan to write off,RVR and Tranny.
Half Year PBT was 13.3bn so them doing 7.1bn in Q3 when we had election manenos.

KCB 21.8bn in Q3.Half Year they did 14.75bn meaning they need to have made 7bn with election manenos.
Heee things are tough for the banking sector
Ericsson
#1393 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 11:09:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 3,891
Location: NAIROBI
Moody's warns of possible downgrade of Kenya's largest banks, citing deterioration of Kenya Govt’s credit profile
VituVingiSana
#1394 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 11:10:30 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 13,426
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q3 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 21.8
EQTY 20.4
COOP 14.4
SCBK 7.7
DTB 7.6
BBK 7.4
I&M 6.6
CFC 3.9
NIC 3.9
HFCK 0.41
NBK 0.31

There was a time not that long ago when SCBK & BBK were by far the leaders in PBT. Well, KCB was there too with fake profits! Now the likes of DTB have caught up with BBK and SCBK. Equity was a sapling back then but which has grown to be as large as SCBK & BBK combined!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
bartum
#1395 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 12:24:37 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/11/2010
Posts: 956
Location: nairobi
obiero
#1396 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 12:45:03 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
bartum wrote:
https://m.moodys.com/Research.html?docid=PR_373151
Things not looking good

Things are looking bad is the correct statement
www.winda.co.ke
wukan
#1397 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 1:52:38 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 469
obiero wrote:
bartum wrote:
https://m.moodys.com/Research.html?docid=PR_373151
Things not looking good

Things are looking bad is the correct statement


Quote:
Nonetheless, Co-op Bank's problem loans (excluding interest in suspense) of 4.5% of gross loans as of June 2017, remain better than larger rated domestic peers, reflecting its corporate focus including lending to Kenya's Savings and Credit Co-operative Organisations and salary-assigned personal lending.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
More than 100 deposit-taking savings and credit co-operatives (saccos) did not meet the mandatory capital ratio requirement in 2016, raising questions over their fitness in the key credit market.
Market regulator, the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (Sasra) says in its report for the period ending December 31, 2016 that only 69 of the 175 deposit-taking saccos met and maintained the prescribed minimum institutional capital adequacy (ICA) ratio of eight per cent, meaning more than half the lenders are in breach of the law.link


After GFC I don't take the rating agencies too seriously. Credit crunch shit storm is gathering pace. Stay woke
obiero
#1398 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 5:56:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
wukan wrote:
obiero wrote:
bartum wrote:
https://m.moodys.com/Research.html?docid=PR_373151
Things not looking good

Things are looking bad is the correct statement


Quote:
Nonetheless, Co-op Bank's problem loans (excluding interest in suspense) of 4.5% of gross loans as of June 2017, remain better than larger rated domestic peers, reflecting its corporate focus including lending to Kenya's Savings and Credit Co-operative Organisations and salary-assigned personal lending.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:
More than 100 deposit-taking savings and credit co-operatives (saccos) did not meet the mandatory capital ratio requirement in 2016, raising questions over their fitness in the key credit market.
Market regulator, the Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (Sasra) says in its report for the period ending December 31, 2016 that only 69 of the 175 deposit-taking saccos met and maintained the prescribed minimum institutional capital adequacy (ICA) ratio of eight per cent, meaning more than half the lenders are in breach of the law.link


After GFC I don't take the rating agencies too seriously. Credit crunch shit storm is gathering pace. Stay woke

Shit has hit the fan
www.winda.co.ke
obiero
#1399 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 8:04:09 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
A dissapointing run has come to an end, KQ-reborn now in play.. The high heavens await this share, noting change of financial year to Dec 2017. Our first net profit in 5 long years, is in near sight..

Profits, EBIT (KSh m) From 2002 to 2016 descending:
547
2,075
5,520
6,960
5,975
6,526
(5,664)
2,671
5,002
2,146
(10,826)
(4,861)
(29,712)
(26,099)
(10,202)



*HF 2017 projection

Results expected to be released on 25.10.2017

Patiently waiting..
www.winda.co.ke
obiero
#1400 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 4:38:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,644
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q3 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 21.8
EQTY 20.4 Actual 20.7
COOP 14.4
SCBK 7.7
DTB 7.6
BBK 7.4
I&M 6.6
CFC 3.9
NIC 3.9
HFCK 0.41
NBK 0.31

There was a time not that long ago when SCBK & BBK were by far the leaders in PBT. Well, KCB was there too with fake profits! Now the likes of DTB have caught up with BBK and SCBK. Equity was a sapling back then but which has grown to be as large as SCBK & BBK combined!

The elder has spoken
www.winda.co.ke
Users browsing this topic
Guest
73 Pages«<6869707172>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.