wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Court Ruling....who squeezed the judges?
Seeders
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:02:00 PM

lets stop hurling insults at the muslims. we need to concentrate on hurling insults at the christians.
masukuma
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:04:37 PM

muslim NOT EQUAL to Mwarabu
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kingfisher
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:04:20 PM

@masukuma....i agree with you that some of us might blow if this katiba thing fails..
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
nesta
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:16:40 PM

I am saddened by the level at which Kenyans are willing to play into the hands of the politicians. The fact that Raila and Kibaki have agreed to this draft does not mean it is good. How many people who are saying yes have actually read this draft. I really wonder.

If this constitution would have been 99.99% good compared to the 90% that we are being told it is (some analysts are putting the figure at 12%) Raila and Kalonzo would not have supported it so long as the 0.01% said "the person to be elected as president shall not be more than 55 years old." Such hypocrites!!!
On Christ Alone
masukuma
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:44:51 PM

@nesta, good point.
nanfor1
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:49:35 PM

@nesta

Which politicians are you talking about Arap Moi, Arap Samoei or Sololo?

Hata wakizima taa
masukuma
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:52:03 PM

You know unwittingly Amos Wako is giving this ruling teeth. since he proves to us that its not as USELESS as some would want to make us believe.
kingfisher
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:05:38 PM

Am looking for where this katiba thing says one can not contest for two offices at the same time and I cant find, eg Mpig and president offices....any one who knows pliz tell me
thuks
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:19:22 AM

@kingfisher,
It is not written anywhere that one cannot contest for two offices or for one while holding the other... so one can contest for two offices at the same time--
I care!
Much Know
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:38:37 AM

@kingfisher, i thought 'we the people' said you cannot run for mp and presidency and they have changed it! Apart from the hefty pensions! No wonder people are being rushed to vote yes. Its like an uncircumcised boy rushing a girl to bed knowing they both have a secret to keep. Afterall the uncircumcised dyke is 90% good and the 'nçæbú' was there before the attempt to circumcise.
A New Kenya
kingfisher
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:34:42 PM

@much know and thuks....thanks.

The more I read this katiba thing, the more my NO stand becomes stronger
African
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:13:13 PM

I am a diasporan who anxiously awaits dual citizenship but I have not shied from talking to all who would listen, into shooting this damn law so Kadhi courts can be taken out. CoE and PSC took people for a ride, and they (and their think-alikes) are dying to convince us that shooting down the new law on basis of Kadhis' clauses is futile because the default law has the same ... no, it is not futile. If we shoot this down, we still can drop the Kadhi courts and come back into another referendum. And even if we don't, why should we reward those taking us for a ride? Why did Kadhi courts get more entrenched in the draft constitution instead of being taken out or at least being left as they were, yet they had been raised as contentious issues? What is is we cannot live with so we must accept a radical law not to lose them? BS ... Red card! Kibaki and Raila can share their bed, but that is them. Kenya does not sleep and wake up with them.

And then these idiotic civic bodies in Kenya ... and lawyers like Karua, all who do not seem to comprehend what separation of state and religion mean. Go back to school ... or at least open your eyes to what goes on in the world at large.

Much Know wrote:
What makes a majority in your view? Is it the people near you? Your family? The citizen poll showed 67% of callers supported the judges. Look at the nation online poll on the ruling, read the over 100 comments in it. In wazua the diasporans may warp the picture due to their obsession with dual citizenship. As much as am not a Christian, guess who is best reaching the grassroots in Kenya? Certainly not the online forums. The kadhi courts will shoot down the draft and not Christians as some want to make it. Repeat, I am not a christian. This courts were excluded in the wako draft which was ati 85% good and are now back in the coe draft (thanks to the populist politics)which is ati 90% good. For me its the opposite. 90-80=5, 5/85*100=5.8% by the same logic.

masukuma
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:16:42 PM

DID YOU KNOW:
- Though the Supreme Council of Muslims was served with the application in the present case, it did not participate in the proceedings whether as an interested party or in any other capacity.
- The Hindu Council of Kenya had been served with the application and it filed an affidavit in which it raised concerns sympathetic to the applicants, basically that the inclusion of the Kadhis courts in the Bomas Draft appeared to favour one religion against another.