directional forecast
hisah
#1661 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 9:54:25 PM

Impunity wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
NSE20 has flown past 3850 and smashed past 4000 handle to close at 4076. That's a 46.14% bounce from 2789 low! Are bulls getting ahead of themselves before year end Think

Testing 4000 handle is encouraging as it means the bears are heading out of town, but the current rush in prices doesn't offer a nice hunting ground for now. Sidelined. A reload window will present itself later.

4076 has not been exceeded since post election relief rally as the month comes to a close. Several counters (many banks including mpesa bank) have gap up holes in their weekly chart that was caused by the euphoria rally this month. Always remember that gaps get filled. Exercise caution in this market. Better reloading opportunities will come. Still sidelined until these conditions reset.

September starts with a bang! Gaps getting filled. I'll state it again exercise caution in this market! When you live in these markets long enough you start seeing its heartbeat.

In two trading days NSE20 has plunged 5.48% and in the process lost 4000 handle as well as the breakout support at 3850 handle as it closes for the day at 3806. Next support cluster comes in at 3450 - 3600. 3797 was the July close while June closed at 3607. The July and August gains are indeed at risk of being wiped out! Strong shakeout.

What was the lowest handle during the 2008 PEV n the world financial crisis?

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
obiero
#1662 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 7:41:08 AM

hisah wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
NSE20 has flown past 3850 and smashed past 4000 handle to close at 4076. That's a 46.14% bounce from 2789 low! Are bulls getting ahead of themselves before year end Think

Testing 4000 handle is encouraging as it means the bears are heading out of town, but the current rush in prices doesn't offer a nice hunting ground for now. Sidelined. A reload window will present itself later.

4076 has not been exceeded since post election relief rally as the month comes to a close. Several counters (many banks including mpesa bank) have gap up holes in their weekly chart that was caused by the euphoria rally this month. Always remember that gaps get filled. Exercise caution in this market. Better reloading opportunities will come. Still sidelined until these conditions reset.

September starts with a bang! Gaps getting filled. I'll state it again exercise caution in this market! When you live in these markets long enough you start seeing its heartbeat.

In two trading days NSE20 has plunged 5.48% and in the process lost 4000 handle as well as the breakout support at 3850 handle as it closes for the day at 3806. Next support cluster comes in at 3450 - 3600. 3797 was the July close while June closed at 3607. The July and August gains are indeed at risk of being wiped out! Strong shakeout.

What was the lowest handle during the 2008 PEV n the world financial crisis?

We may not get that low, but close to 3,450 as pointed out by @hisah.. Kwisha sisi http://www.businessdaily...82964-yli0gxz/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
lochaz-index
#1663 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 11:00:26 AM

hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:
hisah wrote:

I think 2017 will close with a flattish hint, that is, a marginal gain/loss from where the year opened then 2018 sets up the real trend which still favors the bears more than it does the bulls.

The breakdown of correlation between fundies and the market rally suggested that the roughly six month bull was a counter trend. Unless that changes I maintain a bearish stance.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
hisah
#1664 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 3:47:42 PM

The daily and weekly FTSE NSE KE15 and KE25 index charts are bearish. The heavyweight counters on NSE15 being more bearish! The bounce is almost done. Down move coming soon. Mpesa bank goes ex-div this Friday as well as most blue chips that declared interim dividends close those books this month.

I'm still sidelined until October 23rd when the election clouds will be easier to read.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
muandiwambeu
#1665 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:09:15 AM

@karasinga, I hope you did not run away together with our foreign investors. Am wishing you well too.
On the other hand, what do charts say about kq. It looks peculiar from where I stand. Good day as you ponder over your opinion.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
bartum
#1666 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:11:56 PM

Kengen nearly breaking support of 9, will definitely head 8.5
karasinga
#1667 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:29:46 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
@karasinga, what do charts say about kq. It looks peculiar from where I stand. Good day as you ponder over your opinion.

You are right, it looks peculiar as evidenced by actions of MMs(colored candles in the purple rectangle).They are busy doing what they know best and will continue doing it until they have their ware houses full even if it calls for either a prolonged consolidation or another leg south. As stated here, the region between 3.9 and 3.4 would bring in demand for this stock.(see what happened on 3rd August 2017)

This notwithstanding, It all depends entirely on your level of risk appetite; you may join them during the current consolidation phase (of course with a stop loss) or wait until THE trend is clear. Currently, Harmonic patterns don't support bullish sentiments at all but anything can happen.
free advice, from the little experience I have gained so far, "Patience is a virtue". Disclaimer… Best wishes
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
piedpiper
#1668 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:25:36 PM

@karasinga, please post the charts for Kengen and KPLC when you have a moment. Asante
Life is a beach and I'm just playing in the sand
Spikes
#1669 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:00:37 AM

karasinga wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
@karasinga, what do charts say about kq. It looks peculiar from where I stand. Good day as you ponder over your opinion.

You are right, it looks peculiar as evidenced by actions of MMs(colored candles in the purple rectangle).They are busy doing what they know best and will continue doing it until they have their ware houses full even if it calls for either a prolonged consolidation or another leg south. As stated here, the region between 3.9 and 3.4 would bring in demand for this stock.(see what happened on 3rd August 2017)

This notwithstanding, It all depends entirely on your level of risk appetite; you may join them during the current consolidation phase (of course with a stop loss) or wait until THE trend is clear. Currently, Harmonic patterns don't support bullish sentiments at all but anything can happen.
free advice, from the little experience I have gained so far, "Patience is a virtue". Disclaimer… Best wishes

Welcome back bro @Karasinga....
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
bartum
#1670 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 10:14:16 AM

piedpiper wrote:
@karasinga, please post the charts for Kengen and KPLC when you have a moment. Asante

Karasinga welcome, missed your tips here, how is kengen, where is it headed
hisah
#1671 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 11:54:02 AM

hisah wrote:
The daily and weekly FTSE NSE KE15 and KE25 index charts are bearish. The heavyweight counters on NSE15 being more bearish! The bounce is almost done. Down move coming soon. Mpesa bank goes ex-div this Friday as well as most blue chips that declared interim dividends close those books this month.

I'm still sidelined until October 23rd when the election clouds will be easier to read.

Extended to November 1st.
Ericsson
#1672 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 12:27:03 PM

bartum wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Full Year Results announcement is about to be released
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
bartum
#1673 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 12:29:06 PM

Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

May not be good, how do you see it
Ericsson
#1674 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 12:55:18 PM

Hydro electric power hasn't performed well due to drought.
sparkly
#1675 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 3:32:46 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Good perfomance from geothermal should alleviate although ROA will not be optimal.
Life is short. Live passionately.
kawi254
#1676 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 3:51:58 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Good perfomance from geothermal should alleviate although ROA will not be optimal.

KenGen sells geothermal at $0.08 - $0.09 per kWh compared to Hydro @ $0.0236 so loss of Hydro generation will not be felt as in during 1999/2000 or 2007 drought due to increased geothermal generation.

Next financial year there should be more sales of geothermal due to completion and energisation of the Olkaria - Suswa - Isinya - Mombasa KETRACO line which transfers geothermal power to Mombasa and reduce thermal diesel engines power that Mombasa was so reliant on (at night when demand is low the whole country can survive on geothermal if the grid was linked)
Ericsson
#1677 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 5:29:48 PM

kawi254 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

KenGen sells geothermal at $0.08 - $0.09 per kWh compared to Hydro @ $0.0236 so loss of Hydro generation will not be felt as in during 1999/2000 or 2007 drought due to increased geothermal generation.

Next financial year there should be more sales of geothermal due to completion and energisation of the Olkaria - Suswa - Isinya - Mombasa KETRACO line which transfers geothermal power to Mombasa and reduce thermal diesel engines power that Mombasa was so reliant on (at night when demand is low the whole country can survive on geothermal if the grid was linked)

Haven't you read and seen that there has been a huge increase in thermal power generation.

"Kenya’s use of expensive diesel-generated electricity has risen to a three-year peak that has left consumers with a huge cost burden.

Data from the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) shows that the share of thermal power in the energy mix consumed stood at 32 per cent last month or 11 percentage points above cheaper hydropower’s 21 per cent. "

http://www.businessdaily...021306-7fxhq2/index.html
karasinga
#1678 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:01:59 PM

bartum wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

KEGN.
Monthly view. My humble opinion

have been wrong before and might be wrong again. do your due diligence. disclaimer. best wishes
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
bartum
#1679 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:54:35 AM

karasinga wrote:
bartum wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

KEGN.

have been wrong before and might be wrong again. do your due diligence. disclaimer. best wishes

@karasinga well appreciated
piedpiper
#1680 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:18:59 AM

karasinga wrote:
bartum wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
bartum wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

KEGN.

@karasinga thanks for the analysis
Life is a beach and I'm just playing in the sand