20 Pages«<23456>»
Sonko sets a high bar for Governors
#61 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 4:04:25 PM

Governor Sonko says he has collected 532 million in the last 15 days. In one day alone they collected 99 millions. Kwani Odhis kipindupindu alikuwa anapeleka wapi pesa ya ilovi?

Alikua anapatia the Chief Goon kidogo na ingine anajiwekea for a rainy day.

Meanwhile he should tell us what he is doing with the money.Nairobi County nurses should be back yo work with this kind of collections.

Collecting is fine, what is he doing with the money? Though it is still early, let us give him some grace period .... 1 year!!!!!!

Kidero to bankroll Raila's presidential campaigns

Daily Nation Sept 21 2016 wrote:
Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has said he will finance ODM party leader Raila Odinga's 2017 presidential campaigns.

Dr Kidero said he will ensure that the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord) leader clinches the presidency.

As to what he will do with the money, the County govt is run on a budget. The collections will pay workers, boost projects and revive stalled initiatives..
#62 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 4:13:55 PM

Governor Sonko says he has collected 532 million in the last 15 days. In one day alone they collected 99 millions. Kwani Odhis kipindupindu alikuwa anapeleka wapi pesa ya ilovi?

Alikua anapatia the Chief Goon kidogo na ingine anajiwekea for a rainy day.

Meanwhile he should tell us what he is doing with the money.Nairobi County nurses should be back yo work with this kind of collections.

Collecting is fine, what is he doing with the money? Though it is still early, let us give him some grace period .... 1 year!!!!!!

Kidero to bankroll Raila's presidential campaigns

Daily Nation Sept 21 2016 wrote:
Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has said he will finance ODM party leader Raila Odinga's 2017 presidential campaigns.

Dr Kidero said he will ensure that the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord) leader clinches the presidency.

As to what he will do with the money, the County govt is run on a budget. The collections will pay workers, boost projects and revive stalled initiatives..

Anyway let him collect first, hizo zingine ni baadaye!!!smile smile smile
#63 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:23:21 PM

I have seen Sonko's tweets claiming that revenue collection has grown from Kes. 7M daily to Kes.35M daily. You should see the number of times his fanatics have typed "praise God". The kenyan media are too lazy to cross-check the numbers.

I am sorry but I am here to burst this bubble.

Sonko lied. But I have come to respect the guy. He knew 99% of Kenyans can't process huge figures.

In the year 2015/2016, Kidero collected Kes.9.62B. That is Kes.26M per day. Not 7M as Sonko claimed. The CAGR in revenue collection for Nairobi county is 15%. In short, there is no phenomenal growth in nairobi county revenues. Its the normal y-o-y growth.

But this is not new. The PS fisheries claimed Kenyans were consuming 1,000,000 metric tonnes of fish per year. He went ahead to issue import licenses for fish from China because we can't produce enough. Nobody thoight to cross-check these fake statistics. We all believed we consume 1B Kgs of fish per year.

Everytime a rally is held at Uhuru park, media guys throw outrageous figures as the number of those in attendance. On several occasions, we have heard one-million march being mentioned. Another lie. Uhuru park cannot hold more than 80,000 people. And that was during the 2002 NARC rally.

Dennis Itumbi insists Jubilee had to borrow money to bring down the cost of power. He knows kenyans are so lazy to cross-check. Between 2013 and 2017, power costs for domestic consumers have grown by 40% per unit(kwh).
#64 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 9:19:45 PM

I have seen Sonko's tweets claiming that revenue collection has grown from Kes. 7M daily to Kes.35M daily. You should see the number of times his fanatics have typed "praise God". The kenyan media are too lazy to cross-check the numbers.

Sonko lied. But I have come to respect the guy. He knew 99% of Kenyans can't process huge figures.

In the year 2015/2016, Kidero collected Kes.9.62B. That is Kes.26M per day. Not 7M as Sonko claimed. The CAGR in revenue collection for Nairobi county is 15%. In short, there is no phenomenal growth in nairobi county revenues. Its the normal y-o-y growth.

But this is not new. The PS fisheries claimed Kenyans were consuming 1,000,000 metric tonnes of fish per year. He went ahead to issue import licenses for fish from China because we can't produce enough. Nobody thoight to cross-check these fake statistics. We all believed we consume 1B Kgs of fish per year.

Everytime a rally is held at Uhuru park, media guys throw outrageous figures as the number of those in attendance. On several occasions, we have heard one-million march being mentioned. Another lie. Uhuru park cannot hold more than 80,000 people. And that was during the 2002 NARC rally.

Dennis Itumbi insists Jubilee had to borrow money to bring down the cost of power. He knows kenyans are so lazy to cross-check. Between 2013 and 2017, power costs for domestic consumers have grown by 40% per unit(kwh).

Hear, hear.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:24:49 AM

I concur with you ndugu about "Lying with statistics"...there is actually a book titled "How to lie with statistics"(but i digress). I also agree that our rogue and dumb media is too lazy to do its job and as Kenyans we are too naive to believe the figures thrown around by politicians/other leaders.Like everyone else, i am also keen to know what this revenue collections does. From a quick calculation it appears that it is possible to to collect 12billion a year in Nairobi enough money to build some rapid transport infrastructure in one part of Nairobi(e.g., Juja road or Jogoo road or Ngong road).Which brings me to the next question. What counts as developments in countys? Is buying fire engines(Mazima moto) or ambulances Maendeleo? Most governors shamelessly put newspaper adverts with photos of ambulances na mazima moto and expect Kenyans to clap for them. However, other governors like the good professor of Makueni have built a fruit factory for his people with devolution money to create jobs and stop wastage of apple mango resource that is abundant those sides. That to me is development...in shhort if Sonko is actually collecting those huge sums then, he gotta deliver real development. Fire engines and ambulances do not count as development. A bus rapid transit for the city is a good starting point. Afterall, Odhis(give credit where it is due) has bequeathed him the Nairobi Masterplan
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:34:32 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Still smarting I see...
Kidero got the bitch slap, the curtain has fallen on his career. Time to move on to more productive things ...suit up again, head to the Nasa camp. They need a level headed Kenyan such as yourself in their corner...we all do.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:56:33 PM

I concur with you ndugu about "Lying with statistics"...there is actually a book titled "How to lie with statistics"(but i digress). I also agree that our rogue and dumb media is too lazy to do its job and as Kenyans we are too naive to believe the figures thrown around by politicians/other leaders.Like everyone else, i am also keen to know what this revenue collections does. From a quick calculation it appears that it is possible to to collect 12billion a year in Nairobi enough money to build some rapid transport infrastructure in one part of Nairobi(e.g., Juja road or Jogoo road or Ngong road).Which brings me to the next question. What counts as developments in countys? Is buying fire engines(Mazima moto) or ambulances Maendeleo? Most governors shamelessly put newspaper adverts with photos of ambulances na mazima moto and expect Kenyans to clap for them. However, other governors like the good professor of Makueni have built a fruit factory for his people with devolution money to create jobs and stop wastage of apple mango resource that is abundant those sides. That to me is development...in shhort if Sonko is actually collecting those huge sums then, he gotta deliver real development. Fire engines and ambulances do not count as development. A bus rapid transit for the city is a good starting point. Afterall, Odhis(give credit where it is due) has bequeathed him the Nairobi Masterplan

Sonko has a chance to fix the mess in Nairobi but I am afraid his supporters have set their expectations too low.

He falsely claimed to have increased revenue collection by 500% and they have already given him an A+.

Last week Boniface Mwangi posted a photo of pedestrians crossing the polluted nairobi river hanging precariously on the road barriers since there is no bridge at race course. Sonko tweeted that he had sent his team to unclog the drainage. Didn't take time to understand what the problem was. His supporters were falling over themselves to congratulate him.
#68 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:39:17 PM

Sonko has a chance to fix the mess in Nairobi but I am afraid his supporters have set their expectations too low.

He falsely claimed to have increased revenue collection by 500% and they have already given him an A+.

Last week Boniface Mwangi posted a photo of pedestrians crossing the polluted nairobi river hanging precariously on the road barriers since there is no bridge at race course. Sonko tweeted that he had sent his team to unclog the drainage. Didn't take time to understand what the problem was. His supporters were falling over themselves to congratulate him.

Kidero was there 5 year prior and it was not fixed. The bridge will be fixed, open potholes on walking paths on Tom Mboya, Moi Ave will be fixed also. Kidero set the bar too low, do not blame Sonko.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:52:13 PM

Kidero was there 5 year prior and it was not fixed. The bridge will be fixed, open potholes on walking paths on Tom Mboya, Moi Ave will be fixed also. Kidero set the bar too low, do not blame Sonko.

Yap both of you are right, Kidero set the bar low so expectations are low and likely performance will be below average as usual!!!!
hamburglar
#70 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:11:47 AM

The problem is that the average Kenyan voter is an extreme idiot. Very few voters have an IQ of over 100. That's how we end up with idiots like Sonko, Waititu and That Mombasa idiot Joko or whatever his name is, am forgetting. As long as we are letting idiots vote we will never ever ever have competent leaders. 500 years from today we will still be where we are today, backward and primitive.

The solution would be to have some sort of basic intelligence test to weed out the idiots. Only people who meet a certain threshold would be allowed to vote. f*** the dumb idiots voters, they can whine and cry all they want but this system would actually be helping them out in tge long run because the smart people who will meet the qualifications to vote would most probably elect good leaders based on merit, integrity, ability, values and other leadership qualities. The idiots who didn't vote can then sit at home quietly and let smarter people develop this country for them and their families.

Leaders who throw their hats in thr ring will also know that they can't fool the smart voters and will therefore have to bring their A games into their campaigns otherwise they are toast. This type of system would rid us of drug dealing idiots like Sonko and Joko, stone throwing imbeciles like Waititu, Corporate bandits like Kidero, tribalist bigots like Mandago, thieving hypocrites like Waiguru (gosh this woman is an unbelievably horrible person), that governor of Garissa or Mandera who was caught with 5 billion shillings sitting in his bank account while his county doesn't even have basics like water, Babu Owino, Jaguar and Moses Kuria, and many many more pea brained politicians. Tokyo (a wazuan) once suggested that we should only allow people who file (not neccesarily pay) taxes be the only demographic allowed to vote. I concur. Reasoning behind this idea is that anybody who files their taxes is of at least above average intelligence.

Look, we don't owe these idiot voters anything, they need to stay at home and let a select few of smart citizens make the decisions for them. Otherwise we will be stuck in poverty and stupidity for hundreds of years to come because of their stupid decisions and the stupid politicians they vote in.

Sonko is everywhere cooking up numbers and posting them on social media to appease his equally idiotic voters, he is trying too hard to prove a point but the smart people who go the extra mile to dig out facts and cross check the numbers can call his bluff from a thousand miles away. He is not fooling anyone, just like you can't make a hoe a housewife is the same way you can't make a makanga or matatu driver (or whatever the hell he was) a governor.
Stupid is as stupid does.

P.S. I know that my delivery is harsh but I honestly don't care as long as you get the message.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:35:15 AM

The problem is that the average Kenyan voter is an extreme idiot. Very few voters have an IQ of over 100. That's how we end up with idiots like Sonko, Waititu and That Mombasa idiot Joko or whatever his name is, am forgetting. As long as we are letting idiots vote we will never ever ever have competent leaders. 500 years from today we will still be where we are today, backward and primitive.

The solution would be to have some sort of basic intelligence test to weed out the idiots. Only people who meet a certain threshold would be allowed to vote. f*** the dumb idiots voters, they can whine and cry all they want but this system would actually be helping them out in tge long run because the smart people who will meet the qualifications to vote would most probably elect good leaders based on merit, integrity, ability, values and other leadership qualities. The idiots who didn't vote can then sit at home quietly and let smarter people develop this country for them and their families.

Leaders who throw their hats in thr ring will also know that they can't fool the smart voters and will therefore have to bring their A games into their campaigns otherwise they are toast. This type of system would rid us of drug dealing idiots like Sonko and Joko, stone throwing imbeciles like Waititu, Corporate bandits like Kidero, tribalist bigots like Mandago, thieving hypocrites like Waiguru (gosh this woman is an unbelievably horrible person), that governor of Garissa or Mandera who was caught with 5 billion shillings sitting in his bank account while his county doesn't even have basics like water, Babu Owino, Jaguar and Moses Kuria, and many many more pea brained politicians. Tokyo (a wazuan) once suggested that we should only allow people who file (not neccesarily pay) taxes be the only demographic allowed to vote. I concur. Reasoning behind this idea is that anybody who files their taxes is of at least above average intelligence.

Look, we don't owe these idiot voters anything, they need to stay at home and let a select few of smart citizens make the decisions for them. Otherwise we will be stuck in poverty and stupidity for hundreds of years to come because of their stupid decisions and the stupid politicians they vote in.

Sonko is everywhere cooking up numbers and posting them on social media to appease his equally idiotic voters, he is trying too hard to prove a point but the smart people who go the extra mile to dig out facts and cross check the numbers can call his bluff from a thousand miles away. He is not fooling anyone, just like you can't make a hoe a housewife is the same way you can't make a makanga or matatu driver (or whatever the hell he was) a governor.

P.S. I know that my delivery is harsh but I honestly don't care as long as you get the message.

This one is possible. It happened in the Bible, yes its in the Bible sir. Yeah, I know, the Bible.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:52:19 AM

This one is possible. It happened in the Bible, yes its in the Bible sir. Yeah, I know, the Bible.

Which one? Hosea? How did it end?
#73 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:19:50 AM

Really @washiku. I see what you did there. Let me grab my popcorn. This will be fun to watch.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:25:12 AM

Really @washiku. I see what you did there. Let me grab my popcorn. This will be fun to watch.

Let us wait smile
#75 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:27:16 AM

Primarily a politician, sonko should take advantage of current situation to communicate like an educated person on "his control of Nairobi" in a manner that makes Nairobian and global leaders citizen's fears and concern about the safety of Nairobi with naswa threats to destabilize "his" Nairobi, less. When the chaos outside iebc started to look unsuccessful, a lorry full of expert stone throwers appeared to ensure they were not a "total failure", if sonko traffic and Nairobi area work together, such a lorry can be confiscated beforehand and investigations commenced. Most investors are concerned with a peaceful operating environment, sonko should not let Raira spoil Nairobi, he should keep his distruction within kisumu environs, he also needs to neutralize raira in mathare and kibra. He needs to tell raira to focus his riots, press statements and activities in nyanza where most of his supporters are and not Nairobi which is full of sonko supporters.
#76 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:58:53 AM

Fools gloating over IQ figures.

Fools cooking figures.

Fools blaming others for their folly.
#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:07:07 AM

Kidero was funding raira and naswa the most and naswa will use supreme court to get sonko win annulled very soon, he must make sure they forget Nairobi, sonko, ambia naswa wa ache kuwaste pesa hapa Nairobi wakilete fujo tu wakasaidie watu huko ushagoo mashinani, kila kitu mashinani.
hamburglar
#78 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:06:50 PM

Hehehe. Let's not go there my dear. Not today.
hamburglar
#79 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:08:21 PM

Fools cooking figures.

Sasa wewe Tycho, utasaidiwa aje and you've completely refused to go for a mental checkup?
#80 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:11:45 PM

Fools cooking figures.

Sasa wewe Tycho, utasaidiwa aje and you've completely refused to go for a mental checkup?

You have started a war you will not manage Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly