wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<45678>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
Spikes
#101 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 1:16:05 PM

Sober wrote:
Bitcoin trading at $370 I am thinking on getting into this thing purely for experimental purposes.

If you are thirsty and want to test the shaft go ahead
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
enyands
#102 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 6:09:12 PM

Spikes wrote:
Sober wrote:
Bitcoin trading at $370 I am thinking on getting into this thing purely for experimental purposes.

If you are thirsty and want to test the shaft go ahead

Warning the founders of Bitcoin raising concerns
Bitcoin
Ash Ock
#103 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:24:10 PM

The British government seems to be of a different opinion to our CBK:

https://www.gov.uk/gover...d-ledger-technology.pdf

Quote:
Foreword

The progress of mankind is marked by the rise of new technologies and the
human ingenuity they unlock.

In distributed ledger technology, we may be witnessing one of those potential
explosions of creative potential that catalyse exceptional levels of innovation.

The technology could prove to have the capacity to deliver a new kind of trust to
a wide range of services. As we have seen open data revolutionise the citizen’s
relationship with the state, so may the visibility in these technologies reform our
financial markets, supply chains, consumer and business-to-business services,
and publicly-held registers.

We know there will be challenges as Distributed Ledgers mature and disrupt
how we think about and store data. The UK is in a unique position to explore
those challenges and help maximise the benefits to our public services and our
economy. We already have world-class digital capability, innovative financial
services, a strong research community and growing private sector expertise.

It is vital that our key assets – including the Alan Turing Institute, Open Data
Institute and the Digital Catapult – work together with the private sector and with
international partners to unlock the full potential of this technology.

We are both, therefore, delighted to be jointly leading efforts in this area, and look
forward to working with other departments on seizing the opportunity as well as
understanding how its use can be implemented for the benefit of UK citizens and
the economy.

THE RT HON MATTHEW HANCOCK MP
Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General

THE RT HON ED VAIZEY MP
Minister of State for Culture and The Digital Economy

Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Museveni
#104 Posted : Saturday, June 03, 2017 10:32:15 AM

masukuma wrote:
I had started trading in bitcoins using www.virwox.com sometime in june 2011, I quickly stopped keeping any of the coins after the first hack on mtgox. using www.virwox.com I could buy bitcoins from my paypal account ... bank account and keep them. I would later trade them... the overheads proved to be too much - so I stopped!

Hey @Masukuma, still have those bitcoins?

Maybe time to cashout now.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Museveni
#105 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 3:24:47 PM

Museveni
#106 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:43:51 PM

Museveni
#107 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:35:54 PM

Kenyans gamble millions in high risk Bitcoin trading craze

Quote:
Trading clubs

The Business Daily attended one of the Bitcon traders’ meeting in Nairobi, which has about 1,000 members.

Each member pays a minimum of Sh70,000 for membership and a starter trading deposit, which translates to a conservative minimum of about Sh70 million invested in the little-understood digital currency.

Mining pools d'oh!

Quote:
The initial joining fee of Sh70,000 covers membership fee and one share, from which the new member starts earning a slice of the mining income of BitClub Network, which has 150,000 members drawn from 90 countries.

Those bringing in new members also earn a commission. In Kenya, the idea of a referral for commission raises comparisons with multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes, the latter having caused untold pain to the public.

One share to what ?

Refferal fees ?

SMH

As one comment in the article, the reporters need to differentiate between mining and trading in Bitcoins.
kayhara
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:21:16 PM

Someone hacked something and stole some coins, and the coin graph in on the downward trajectory.
I personally think Bitcoin is a product that most people are dealing in and not a currency since very few would be willing to be paid in bitcoins,and now that Kenyan mining club is being setup like a pyramid scheme with referrals, but question is how long will it take to recoup the 70k, who does it go to?
To Each His Own
Ryko
#109 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:18:22 PM

kayhara wrote:
Someone hacked something and stole some coins, and the coin graph in on the downward trajectory.
I personally think Bitcoin is a product that most people are dealing in and not a currency since very few would be willing to be paid in bitcoins,and now that Kenyan mining club is being setup like a pyramid scheme with referrals, but question is how long will it take to recoup the 70k, who does it go to?

Really?

Wait until congress clears the bill to convert bitcoin in to a currency which may happen in Q1 2018. Bitcoin will be a currency acceptable even in coffee shops, and you will have no option than to own a Satoshi.
The other day Japan accepted it as a currency ...google

The coins hacked were for USDT and they are unusable, this are challenges in the digital world...

I just read your statement above and i remembered a pal of mine we were discussing and i told him to consider bitcoin compared to a piece of land in katani,syokimau. My pal came back to me after some days and told me " i dont want anything to do with bitcoin since China just banned bitcoin" i told her that actually was the best time to buy the bitcoin, such crashes are heaven sent.

Time will tell.....

Paying 70K for joining clubs does NOT make sense, looks scammy
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
kayhara
#110 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:17:36 AM

Ryko wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Really?

Wait until congress clears the bill to convert bitcoin in to a currency which may happen in Q1 2018. Bitcoin will be a currency acceptable even in coffee shops, and you will have no option than to own a Satoshi.

The coins hacked were for USDT and they are unusable, this are challenges in the digital world...

I just read your statement above and i remembered a pal of mine we were discussing and i told him to consider bitcoin compared to a piece of land in katani,syokimau. My pal came back to me after some days and told me " i dont want anything to do with bitcoin since China just banned bitcoin" i told her that actually was the best time to buy the bitcoin, such crashes are heaven sent.

Time will tell.....

My attempted entry in to bitcoins is always cut short by some negative news on bitcoin eg in the news instead of saying bitcoin lost they say bitcoin crashed, just how high is the value expected to top
To Each His Own
whiteowl
#111 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:41:03 AM

Museveni wrote:

Quote:
Trading clubs

The Business Daily attended one of the Bitcon traders’ meeting in Nairobi, which has about 1,000 members.

Each member pays a minimum of Sh70,000 for membership and a starter trading deposit, which translates to a conservative minimum of about Sh70 million invested in the little-understood digital currency.

Mining pools d'oh!

Quote:
The initial joining fee of Sh70,000 covers membership fee and one share, from which the new member starts earning a slice of the mining income of BitClub Network, which has 150,000 members drawn from 90 countries.

Those bringing in new members also earn a commission. In Kenya, the idea of a referral for commission raises comparisons with multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes, the latter having caused untold pain to the public.

One share to what ?

Refferal fees ?

SMH

As one comment in the article, the reporters need to differentiate between mining and trading in Bitcoins.

This multilevel crap has nothing to do with bitcoin.How about signing up on BTCC or any other credible site and trading from there?
Ryko
#112 Posted : Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:24:01 PM

kayhara wrote:
Ryko wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Really?

Time will tell.....

My attempted entry in to bitcoins is always cut short by some negative news on bitcoin eg in the news instead of saying bitcoin lost they say bitcoin crashed, just how high is the value expected to top

I can assure you bitcoin has lots of negative news, infact on a monthly basis.
Assume you are buying land, and forget about it..
You should prepare for bad news. Let me give you some examples in the past months

The damn coin goes to 5200 and above then we wake up one day to 3000 crash - china banned it.
Remember China has banned Bitcoin about 4 times before

Damn fork and the coin drops from 7600 to 6400

flash crashes like the USDT are damn normal...

Rumor Japan is banning ICO it affects bitcoins

Rumor Russia is banning bitcoin

Top exchange is shut for few hours another flash crash...

This are just some, basically just know the price will go lower of what you purchased, prepare for a zigzag wave up and down but the good news

IT ALWAYS GOES UP.......pick some bro

Infact only buy during negative/crash/bad news

I will not be amazed if tomorrow i wake up to 9200 USD, right now all my other coins are booming meaning it might just go down tonight because they have an inverse rship.
Museveni
#113 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 8:40:37 AM

whiteowl wrote:
Museveni wrote:

Quote:
Trading clubs

Mining pools d'oh!

Quote:

One share to what ?

Refferal fees ?

SMH

This multilevel crap has nothing to do with bitcoin.How about signing up on BTCC or any other credible site and trading from there?

It is always sad to see people being scammed.

If it is mining one is interested in they should prepare to buy and run some pretty good hardware and be prepared to pay the electricity bills for the free bitcoins

If it is trading in bitcoins they should dive in and buy the coins on their lows and flip on the highs.
kimanimsc
#114 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:12:29 AM

"Conspiracy", BFIU & localbitcoins.com members.

Unrolled: https://threadreaderapp....read/933342008529256448

Thread:
Museveni
#115 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:15:43 AM

Ryko wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Ryko wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Really?

Time will tell.....

I can assure you bitcoin has lots of negative news, infact on a monthly basis.
Assume you are buying land, and forget about it..
You should prepare for bad news. Let me give you some examples in the past months

The damn coin goes to 5200 and above then we wake up one day to 3000 crash - china banned it.
Remember China has banned Bitcoin about 4 times before

Damn fork and the coin drops from 7600 to 6400

flash crashes like the USDT are damn normal...

Rumor Japan is banning ICO it affects bitcoins

Rumor Russia is banning bitcoin

Top exchange is shut for few hours another flash crash...

This are just some, basically just know the price will go lower of what you purchased, prepare for a zigzag wave up and down but the good news

IT ALWAYS GOES UP.......pick some bro

Infact only buy during negative/crash/bad news

I will not be amazed if tomorrow i wake up to 9200 USD, right now all my other coins are booming meaning it might just go down tonight because they have an inverse rship.

For an unregulated markets the joys in trading are the speculations.

The up and down movements are guaranteed, that is for sure. It is a roller-coaster and one should learn to enjoy the ride.

However, it pays handsomely to understand a bit of the technical side behind the "virtual currencies".

Most are purely scams propagated and promoted by exchange houses keen to scam members through dubious 'hacks'.
Bitcoin (the 'original' BTC) has its downsides too like;

- it is not instant ( a big misconception by many)
- here are transaction fees (in bitcoin) and they may seem pretty high with the price soaring higher (BTC/USD $8,090 currently)
Museveni
#116 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:30:27 AM

kimanimsc wrote:

Thread:

Applause

Good of you Mic

Following keenly.
Ryko
#117 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 10:20:57 AM

Museveni wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Thread:

Applause

Good of you Mic

Following keenly.

10 Million stolen from I & M bank and used to buy bitcoins in Localbitcoins.com via Equity bank etc

Its very sad, bigup to the blockchain association of kenya for assisting and follow up. Congrats!!

Looks like Bitcoin fraud Unit/CID maybe KRA ninjas are an itch. Imagine buying bitcoins and ending up in a Cell, eff'd up, police being hongwad 200k continuously.

But then again who uses Localbitcoin, those prices are outta this earth

if trusting normal kenya traders is this bad then if someone needs to liquidate over 5M, 10M bitcoins there are alternative at least better & safer ways out there from the prying eyes of KRA (tax), CID, Bitcoin Fraud Unit , sleeping in cells, prying eyes of your neighbours, haters i.e.

1. If you moving over 5M just go for holiday to Dubai or Thailand (infact its cheaper than Mombasa) exchange your bitcoins on those streets exchanges in to US Dollars, wire some to kenya bank carry the rest home and do your projects

2. If below 1M just get a bitpay card (USD denominated) register in your relative number/address in US/EU and let them send you to kenya you can withdraw from ATM huge amounts a day.
Museveni
#118 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:19:33 AM

Ryko wrote:
Museveni wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Thread:

Applause

Good of you Mic

Following keenly.

10 Million stolen from I & M bank and used to buy bitcoins in Localbitcoins.com via Equity bank etc

Its very sad, bigup to the blockchain association of kenya for assisting and follow up. Congrats!!

Looks like Bitcoin fraud Unit/CID maybe KRA ninjas are an itch. Imagine buying bitcoins and ending up in a Cell, eff'd up, police being hongwad 200k continuously.

if trusting normal kenya traders is this bad then if someone needs to liquidate over 5M, 10M bitcoins there are alternative at least better & safer ways out there from the prying eyes of KRA (tax), CID, Bitcoin Fraud Unit , sleeping in cells, prying eyes of your neighbours, haters i.e.

1. If you moving over 5M just go for holiday to Dubai or Thailand (infact its cheaper than Mombasa) exchange your bitcoins on those streets exchanges in to US Dollars, wire some to kenya bank carry the rest home and do your projects

2. If below 1M just get a bitpay card (USD denominated) register in your relative number/address in US/EU and let them send you to kenya you can withdraw from ATM huge amounts a day.

From the available information on that thread.. The first statement is debatable.
Quote:
10 Million stolen from I & M bank ...

Who stole ? When ? How?

As for KYC, it applies 1) For transactions above 1M 2) In regulated space

Selling virtual currency IS NOT a crime.

And who the $#@& is this person:

Quote:
Michael Kimani‏ @pesa_africa
17h17 hours ago

Emma's account had received 500k from an Equity Bank account linked to I&M electronic paper trail. 500 k from a Mr. Richard Wambugu Maina, account number 1150174811XXX 6/

Isn't that the person of interest ?

This is an interesting story that MAY be relevant:

Stealing bitcoins with badges: How Silk Road’s dirty cops got caught

Swenani
#119 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:55:10 PM

Museveni wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Museveni wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Thread:

Applause

Good of you Mic

Following keenly.

From the available information on that thread.. The first statement is debatable.
Quote:

Who stole ? When ? How?

Quote:
17h17 hours ago

Emma's account had received 500k from an Equity Bank account linked to I&M electronic paper trail. 500 k from a Mr. Richard Wambugu Maina, account number 1150174811XXX 6/

It's mandatory to declare any cash above USD 5,000 at any PoE in Kenya
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Museveni
#120 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 12:11:19 PM

Swenani wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Museveni wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Thread:

Applause

Good of you Mic

Following keenly.

Quote:

Who stole ? When ? How?

Quote:
17h17 hours ago

It's mandatory to declare any cash above USD 5,000 at any PoE in Kenya

Point of entry - Customs.

Nothing to do with Bitcoin