wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Taxes
mwania
#21 Posted : Monday, September 04, 2017 9:24:11 PM

Thank you Sparkly! However, isn't then illegal for them to penaliza you when they come to your shop and ask for IDF documents for your goods which is not provided by Cargo Consolidators
sparkly
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 8:11:57 AM

mwania wrote:
Thank you Sparkly! However, isn't then illegal for them to penaliza you when they come to your shop and ask for IDF documents for your goods which is not provided by Cargo Consolidators

No it's not illegal for them to ask you to prove that Duty has been paid on your goods.

There are many ways of proving.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mwania
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 1:51:45 PM

Thank you. Can you list the ways of proving it? I am sure it will help many others who want to be on the right side of the law. Has anybody had any experience with KRA officers on this and how did they resolve it?
sparkly
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 2:06:42 PM

mwania wrote:
Thank you. Can you list the ways of proving it? I am sure it will help many others who want to be on the right side of the law. Has anybody had any experience with KRA officers on this and how did they resolve it?

You prove my the means at your disposable eg documents, agreements, account statements, emails, texts, sworn statements etc.

If you are having particular issues you can give me a call/ text 0708733938
Life is short. Live passionately.
mwania
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 2:19:58 PM

Sparkly, I will save your number for future reference. I do not have any problem but I stopped selling electronics equipment when people started bringing them via the Eldoret route and feared doing the same and attracting greedy KRA officers to my shop. And it is impossible to compete effectively if you import via the regular systems where you use IDF to pay customs duties.
mozenrat
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 4:43:00 PM

josimar wrote:

What happens in a scenario whereby You are employed and Your employer duly deducts and submits Your PAYE but You fail to file tax returns ...

You will pay the penalty specifically provided for failure to file returns. The requirement to file returns and its prescribed penalty is not dependent on whether you had paid your taxes or not.
doubletap
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:31:48 PM

mwania wrote:
Sparkly, I will save your number for future reference. I do not have any problem but I stopped selling electronics equipment when people started bringing them via the Eldoret route and feared doing the same and attracting greedy KRA officers to my shop. And it is impossible to compete effectively if you import via the regular systems where you use IDF to pay customs duties.

I do understand that what you are saying about the issue that arises when some traders use the Eldoret route and engage in the same business with those who are have paid full duty. I totally agree that no business can survive this kind of competition.

In my view, the Eldoret route is well known to KRA and they see the traders who use it as small fry. Its the product of there efforts that they start to tax directly or indirectly, cars, fuel etc. Am really for the Eldoret route for own consumption.

In the end the country needs taxes to grow and sustain it's affairs but that hard to get tax has to be used well.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein