10 Breakthrough Technologies 2017
T-Bag
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:46:01 AM

Technological Singularity is eminent!
https://www.technologyre...lists/technologies/2017/
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
Dahatre
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:42:33 AM

[quote=T-Bag]Technological Singularity is eminent!
https://www.technologyre...ists/technologies/2017/[/quote]

We are well on our way to being cyborgs. Soon we will be genetically modified, have implanted chips, pay with our faces, have knowledge pushed into us and have our households ran by internet bots and robots....Then Jesus will return.
tycho
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:31:09 AM

The good thing is that philosophers have already gone deep into this singularity. Yeah, and mathematicians of course.

Optimal systems can only maximize on singularity, so if humans create or wish to create technological singularity, they can only mimic natural singularity. Technology will need to mimic nature.

When you trace our projected timeline of say, wikipedia, you'll find that we'll be doing star harvesting around 7020 AD - there's a serious time problem with AD but forgive me - and it will be difficult to differentiate nature and technology.

So guess what? Breakthrough technologies will have to do more with philosophy of nature than technique. One such technology is Ecology engineering.
Wakanyugi
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:43:49 PM

tycho wrote:

The good thing is that philosophers have already gone deep into this singularity. Yeah, and mathematicians of course.

Optimal systems can only maximize on singularity, so if humans create or wish to create technological singularity, they can only mimic natural singularity. Technology will need to mimic nature.

When you trace our projected timeline of say, wikipedia, you'll find that we'll be doing star harvesting around 7020 AD - there's a serious time problem with AD but forgive me - and it will be difficult to differentiate nature and technology.

So guess what? Breakthrough technologies will have to do more with philosophy of nature than technique. One such technology is Ecology engineering.

You make a very good point Tycho.

I suspect the most profound changes are yet to come. At the moment what many call singularity is the Ray Kurzweil type, the augmentation of the human body to extend what we can do with it and how long we can live on Earth.

True singularity, I believe, will involve skipping the body altogether, enabling human consciousness to animate different kinds of vessels or none at all, overcoming the limitations of space time and 3 dimensional earthly existence.

This will finally cause a true convergence of science and religion. Perhaps that is what is meant when many religions speak about---the true end of time (and space too).
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
tycho
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:44:54 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
tycho wrote:

You make a very good point Tycho.

I suspect the most profound changes are yet to come. At the moment what many call singularity is the Ray Kurzweil type, the augmentation of the human body to extend what we can do with it and how long we can live on Earth.

True singularity, I believe, will involve skipping the body altogether, enabling human consciousness to animate different kinds of vessels or none at all, overcoming the limitations of space time and 3 dimensional earthly existence.

This will finally cause a true convergence of science and religion. Perhaps that is what is meant when many religions speak about---the true end of time (and space too).

The interesting thing is that Humans have always had this capacity or experience of singularity. But maybe fewer and fewer of us have been able to understand and even effect such singularity.

It's like all this knowledge and action is about humanity trying to remember itself.

'There's nothing new under the sun' is such a consolation!
sparkly
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:35:13 PM

Waiting for the elixir of youth and immortality. Other technologies are neither here nor there.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:30:39 PM

sparkly wrote:
Waiting for the elixir of youth and immortality. Other technologies are neither here nor there.

This is the hard drugs section??

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Gakware
#8 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 10:03:35 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!
The past is the past, you either run from it or learn from it!
T-Bag
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 03, 2017 10:15:27 PM

Gakware wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!

Not a hard drugs section for long, the ground is shifting as you sleep! In SU, Silicon valley geeks are in bed with NASA!

https://en.wikipedia.org...i/Singularity_University
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF