wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Poll Question : DO YOU APPROVE THE PROPOSED NEW CONSTITUTION?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes.......(click) 42 46 %
No.........(click) 42 46 %
None of the Above...(click) 7 7 %
Total 91 100%

4 Pages«<234
POLL - KENYA'S PROPOSED NEW CONSTITUTION
sky5
#61 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 8:30:10 AM

simonkabz wrote:
A katiba with so much good to offer n very few bad clauses that can be changed anyway...I still dont understand why anyone would choose to go hungry just coz there is a wevil in his/her githeri...Why would anyone want to throw away all that good? My greatest motivator is an MPigless cabinet n dual citizenship.

I don't think we are so starved as to eat just anything.

A better analogy would be this. You go to a restaurant and are served food by the waiter. Someone comes around and tells to you that there is some poison in the food an dthat you should tell the waiter to take back the food as you wait for a clean meal. But someone else also comes and tells you that indeed there is some poison but it so little that you don't have to worry.

So if you are in a hurry, you can eat and expect to live, but if not in a hurry, you can wait to be served with a clean meal. There are consequences for both choices.
#62 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 8:45:04 AM

sky5 wrote:
A better analogy would be this. You go to a restaurant and are served food by the waiter. Someone comes around and tells to you that there is some poison in the food an dthat you should tell the waiter to take back the food as you wait for a clean meal. But someone else also comes and tells you that indeed there is some poison but it so little that you don't have to worry.

So if you are in a hurry, you can eat and expect to live, but if not in a hurry, you can wait to be served with a clean meal. There are consequences for both choices.

Good analogy. What you should remember is we've been taking the poison every day for years now and the real effect will be felt in 2012 unless we take this proposed antidote to minimize or stop it's effects. The good thing is this antidote is not been forced down your throat.

BBI will solve it
:)
McReggae
#63 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:00:27 AM

sky5,
Do you continue feeding on food with more poison ar feed one the one with very much less poison?????.....come on!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
masukuma
#64 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:41:09 AM

2 or 3 flies in a cup of hot tea. one of those blue pit-latrine flies.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Jangwa la Jangili
#65 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 10:09:09 AM

I can listen to any other argument for the new constitution except the one that we need to have a constitution because we have been waiting or fighting for 20 years. Seriously.

I am voting NO but I don't expect daily life to change significantly whether the katiba passes or not. Who knows, there might be severe power blackouts after it has passed because everyone will be demanding their 'human rights to electricity'. LMAO. That's a joke by the way just in case someone is about to respond with quotes from 17 different sub-sub-sub-sections/articles of the draft. Haki watu wamechizi na hii kitu. No need to be so uptight!
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Amurabi.
#66 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 10:21:58 AM

Another analogy. You have taken sooo long to marry, infact you 4 by 4 by far as compared to githongo.Relatives,friends,mates have all sorts of advice oooh umechelewa, oooh your likely to sire below average kids,oooh you need someone to take care of your name when you are gone etc etc .Do you just go ahead and any woman you meet on the road (hata chizi) with the hope that she will be ok???
Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away.
McReggae
#67 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 11:18:00 AM

Amurabi,
Wrong analogy again, in this scenario you already have a very chizi wife at home!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nanfor1
#68 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 12:00:52 PM

these guys can't even win in such a right wing forum as wazua.

This is the only online kenyan forum that even hints at voting no and they can't even rig here.

I predict 75% Yes.
Hata wakizima taa
African
#69 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 12:29:31 AM

So would you be comfortable if the constitution is installed at this point (without the referendum) because the context of your statements indicate that "Yes" is the winner? Please drop the sarcasm. It is annoying.

Jangwa la Jangili wrote:
African wrote:
I did not miss the point. You are questioning the representativeness of the sample based on statistical result - implying that you know the correct result, and therefore that you can declare the sample unrepresentative if the sample points to a different result.

Ok Mr/Ms. Mwafrika. I will give you the benefit of doubt because you are in the US so might not appreciate the context of my statements. In summary, and as @Wendz has posted above, recent opinion polls have consistently demonstrated a massive win by the YES vote. This "Ama this is not a representative sample?" was a QUESTION based on that FACT; it was not an ASSERTION. That said, the Wazua vote is obviously not a representative sample of the entire Kenyan voter population. It is just a nice way of gauging the opinion of Wazuans. I am voting NO but I think we could be pulling too many hairs on this katiba. There is more to life.

Impunity
#70 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:08:06 AM

@mukiha....wewe ni Kalonzo tu;yes-no yes-no yes-yes no = 4 yesses and 3 nos; so the yesses have it!!

ha ha ha ha haaa.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

thuks
#71 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 9:52:13 AM

YES...
A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES,
ONE STEP MADE,
AND MANY MORE YET TO BE MADE,
BY A MILLION SIGNATURES,
A FRACTION OF THE CHURCH,
IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED,
TO COMPLETE THE REMAINING JOURNEY,
PIECE OF CAKE
I care!