10 Pages«<8910
Best Money Market fund in Kenya
Ebenyo
#181 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 6:46:18 PM

Chaka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Chaka wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Which is the best money market fund in Kenya? Anyone with experience with either cic,britam or old mutual?

I have experience with cic and old mutual
and judging from the daily yields as given in the daily papers old mutual would come in last..I would vouch for cic..

Customer care of CIC is wanting.

I agree with the above sentiment..

i had to go back today to make sure everything is okey.I was told to wait for an email communication within one week.Let me wait and see.
1.Cut down on expenses2.Save a portion of the income 3.Invest heavily
ayushnehra
#182 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 7:42:47 AM

Hey Wazuans, is there anyway online to find out the rates offered by different MMF's or Fixed Income Funds? Any info on rates will be appreciated too.
Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
winston
#183 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 8:28:34 AM

ayushnehra wrote:
Hey Wazuans, is there anyway online to find out the rates offered by different MMF's or Fixed Income Funds? Any info on rates will be appreciated too.

Not likely to find any daily rate data online...use the newspapers
ayushnehra
#184 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 8:46:11 AM

winston wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:

I thought so. I guess in this day and age not having such data available online is disappointing. would it be something Wazua could add? Rich.co.ke or even the other investment blogs (Wallstreet ke etc)could do too.

Unfortunately not being physically present in Kenya it is not possible to access the papers hence any input from my fellow wazuans will be highly appreciated.
Dreams are not the thing you see in your sleep..it's the thing that doesn't let you sleep. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Mukiri
#185 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:37:04 AM

ayushnehra wrote:
winston wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:

I thought so. I guess in this day and age not having such data available online is disappointing. would it be something Wazua could add? Rich.co.ke or even the other investment blogs (Wallstreet ke etc)could do too.

Unfortunately not being physically present in Kenya it is not possible to access the papers hence any input from my fellow wazuans will be highly appreciated.

Fallacy?Shame on you Digital newspapers very available. Register at their respective websites
Psalm 141:3 O LORD, set a guard at my mouth. Keep watch over the door of my lips.
winston
#186 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 3:29:20 PM

Mukiri wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:
winston wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:

Fallacy?Shame on you Digital newspapers very available. Register at their respective websites

And as you do that you may want to better define what you mean by 'best'...Is it best returns, best customer service, most stable, lowest charges etc...You may want to develop a mix of the factors that you think the 'best' money market fund should have, weight them, score and rank them! Good luck. Do let wazuans know the outcome of your analysis.smile
NFag
#187 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 12:41:42 PM

Thanks for the useful information, it was very handy.
ayushnehra
#188 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 3:32:01 PM

winston wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:
winston wrote:
ayushnehra wrote:

And as you do that you may want to better define what you mean by 'best'...Is it best returns, best customer service, most stable, lowest charges etc...You may want to develop a mix of the factors that you think the 'best' money market fund should have, weight them, score and rank them! Good luck. Do let wazuans know the outcome of your analysis.smile

@Mukiri you are right, my bad. Though I wouldn't sign up to a daily paper ( nor would I buy it ) just for certain figures, especially in this day and age.

@Winston I had not made a decision on the best I was hoping for inputs from fellow wazuans to help me understand this better, Maybe we can start by listing the 4 factors you mentioned, I tried creating a small table but adding it to this post isn't as straight forward, For now, Anyone who may be investing please share as below :

Company Name
best returns - X%
best customer service -X/10
most stable- state opinion
charges - say what you can

Asante

winston
#189 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:07:24 AM

Depends on your risk appetite: Personally I would start with a weighting heavily favouring best returns (70%); Low charges (10%); Stability (15%); customer service (5%). My thinking is a money market fund since it is investing in largely low risk assets should be gauged by how much incremental returns it brings in over the treasury bill rate. It needs to be stable (wouldnt want to place money in a briefcase entity---I would prefer one supported by a bank or insurance company). Expenses reflect the efficiency...the lower the better and these have an impact on your net return. Customer service is important but mainly for situations that require regular interactions...if you are long term and lump sum investor your interactions may not be frequent...hence customer service may not really affect you in a big way.

My 2cents.