wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Gas selling business
Manmbao
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:54:32 AM

I want to start selling gas at Kasarani in Nairobi. I would like to know where i can be refilling along Thika rd or anywhere near Kasarani. Where can i get empty gas cylinders for all sizes
Euge
#2 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 10:33:31 PM

I thought you refill at any petrol station but at wholesale price? They will also sell you the cylinders at I think 8k for a 13kg. Hear you can get at 3k in places like Githurai.
As you set up your business, deeply consider security before starting business. The cylinders are stolen faster than you can imagine. The thugs will rob you on your first day of work.
If you set up at a strategic place, the business will get you good cash.
Lord, thank you!
Inuendo
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:04:29 PM

@ Manmbao,

I have had previous experience in the gas selling biz.so a few tips....before you open up the first hurdle you will go through is getting a city council license. They will say they have to come and inspect the shop and if its close to a residential area you may be forced to bribe them...they know how hard it is for you to operate without one.

Secondly, after getting the license they will ask you to go and get a fire extinguisher permit and from my experience at the fire station, its not easy if you tell them you operate a gas biz.

When buying the cylinders try and source them from the individual gas wholesalers IE not the big companies where they may give you a good rate of between 4-6k per 13kg and 3 for 6kg cylinder.

The most important of all check out the legislation regarding selling of fuel and petroleum products enacted in 2008/9 if am not wrong and it will guide you...google to see the laws. Good luck!!
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
aliyepotea
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:22:33 PM

Just wondering; has anyone ever thought of commercializing biogas?
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark."
Inuendo
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 1:15:34 PM

@ Aliyepotea

The problem with biogas is that the production will not meet supply in that most individuals making it cannot be able to produce it in large quantities to meet the supply. Good idea but not practical in my opinion.
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
theuri wa gitahi
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 10:24:59 AM

Manmbao wrote:
I want to start selling gas at Kasarani in Nairobi. I would like to know where i can be refilling along Thika rd or anywhere near Kasarani. Where can i get empty gas cylinders for all sizes

do you still need gas cylinders?
dwnthu
#7 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 3:40:57 PM

Dear All,
Anyone with an idea of the approvals needed when starting a petrol station with two pumps and a gas selling business outside nairobi?
Odec
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:10:17 PM

would like to venture in this business any more tips?
LiVE sIMpLE thiNk BiG
pleasecallme
#9 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 10:53:26 AM

Anyone with leads of where to get the approved/accepted model for Cooking Gas weighing scale.
Please share also current rates/where to get empty mtungis for 6kg/13kg
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.