wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Equity Bank Q1 2017
Horton
#41 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 10:47:41 AM

[quote=Ericsson]Equity bank caught flat footed again.
Obiero and VVS what's your view.

The African Development Bank (AfDB) tops the list of lenders having advanced RVR Sh4 billion, the German Development Agency (Sh3.2 billion) and the World Bank’s private sector lending arm, the International Finance Corporation (Sh2.2 billion).

Also on the list of RVR’s lenders are the Dutch Development Bank (Sh2 billion), the ICF Debt Pool (Sh2 billion), the Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (Sh1 billion), and Equity Bank(Sh1.7 billion).

http://www.businessdaily...4256-14mo4vg/index.html[/quote]

Wow thats alot of bad debts piling up.
VituVingiSana
#42 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 3:20:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Equity bank caught flat footed again.

The African Development Bank (AfDB) tops the list of lenders having advanced RVR Sh4 billion, the German Development Agency (Sh3.2 billion) and the World Bank’s private sector lending arm, the International Finance Corporation (Sh2.2 billion).

Also on the list of RVR’s lenders are the Dutch Development Bank (Sh2 billion), the ICF Debt Pool (Sh2 billion), the Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (Sh1 billion), and Equity Bank(Sh1.7 billion).

http://www.businessdaily...4256-14mo4vg/index.html

Equity should stick to what they know best... ripping off "Wanjiku" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
RVR has a lot of assets (rolling stock) or so I think. If the creditors can take control of RVR and "sell" these assets to KR/SGR so that folks can board from CBD to Mombasa CBD instead of this Syokimau - Miritini BS then they could make their money back. Or take a haircut and end the drama.

Equity should take one-time provisions in 2017 for these "bad" loans!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 9:28:00 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Equity should stick to what they know best... ripping off "Wanjiku" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
RVR has a lot of assets (rolling stock) or so I think. If the creditors can take control of RVR and "sell" these assets to KR/SGR so that folks can board from CBD to Mombasa CBD instead of this Syokimau - Miritini BS then they could make their money back. Or take a haircut and end the drama.

Unfortunately RVRs contract has being terminated and the assets revert back to KR.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#44 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 9:28:50 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Equity has lots of buccaneer lending.. I have never once bought the stock and will likely not in the near future. Though it has made some people wealthy. It's just not my cup of tea

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#45 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 10:57:29 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Equity has lots of buccaneer lending.. I have never once bought the stock and will likely not in the near future. Though it has made some people wealthy. It's just not my cup of tea

Stick to KQ
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#46 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 11:01:51 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Stick to KQ

He is stuck to KQ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.