wazua Tue, Oct 17, 2017
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

70 Pages«<67686970>
Exchange Bar: Results forecast
Sir Jones
#1361 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:07:52 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/10/2009
Posts: 31
obiero wrote:
H1 results for all the main banks available here


The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017
H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9
EQTY 13.8
COOP 9.5
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5
BBK 5.2
I&M 3.9
CFC 3.2
NIC 2.6
HFCK 0.34
NBK 0.17
@Obiero, When are the banks likely to start announcing the half year results.
lochaz-index
#1362 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:51:44 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 706
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#1363 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:07:30 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
lochaz-index wrote:
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.

Expect a terrible set of results
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
Ebenyo
#1364 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 9:44:47 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 927
Location: Kitale
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.

Expect a terrible set of results


Barclays NPLs are extremely high.
1.Cut down on expenses2.Save a portion of the income 3.Invest heavily
VituVingiSana
#1365 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:52:19 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 13,306
Location: Nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.

Expect a terrible set of results


Barclays NPLs are extremely high.

BBK and StanChart do not hide their NPLs unlike some banks. That said, I think BBK has lost its way.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
winston
#1366 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:06:51 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/14/2010
Posts: 805
Location: Nairobi
NBK - H1 PBT 0.257bn
Sir Jones
#1367 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:38:22 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/10/2009
Posts: 31
winston wrote:
NBK - H1 PBT 0.257bn

Here is the link:NBK Financial Statement as at 30th June 2017
obiero
#1368 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:42:55 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.

Expect a terrible set of results


Barclays NPLs are extremely high.

BBK and StanChart do not hide their NPLs unlike some banks. That said, I think BBK has lost its way.

I agree with you
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
winston
#1369 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:22:56 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/14/2010
Posts: 805
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.

Expect a terrible set of results


Barclays NPLs are extremely high.

BBK and StanChart do not hide their NPLs unlike some banks. That said, I think BBK has lost its way.

I agree with you


Will ABSA nudge BBK 'back to its way'?
mlennyma
#1370 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:56:56 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,530
Location: nairobi
Sir Jones wrote:
obiero wrote:
H1 results for all the main banks available here


The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017
H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9
EQTY 13.8
COOP 9.5
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5
BBK 5.2
I&M 3.9
CFC 3.2
NIC 2.6
HFCK 0.34
NBK 0.17
@Obiero, When are the banks likely to start announcing the half year results.

you have fired a stray bullet on NBK
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#1371 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:02:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
Sir Jones wrote:
obiero wrote:
H1 results for all the main banks available here


The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017
H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9
EQTY 13.8
COOP 9.5
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5
BBK 5.2
I&M 3.9
CFC 3.2
NIC 2.6
HFCK 0.34
NBK 0.17
@Obiero, When are the banks likely to start announcing the half year results.

you have fired a stray bullet on NBK

Weka link kama hii http://www.businessdaily...33828-xv8eauz/index.html
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
obiero
#1372 Posted : Sunday, August 06, 2017 11:50:20 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
winston wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
I believe BBK should be the first out of the blocks with H1 results on Friday the 28th. Watching keenly.

Expect a terrible set of results


Barclays NPLs are extremely high.

BBK and StanChart do not hide their NPLs unlike some banks. That said, I think BBK has lost its way.

I agree with you

Will ABSA nudge BBK 'back to its way'?

I think BBK 'died' years ago. It would be difficult to bring it back. Very difficult
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
obiero
#1373 Posted : Sunday, August 06, 2017 11:52:08 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
H1 results for all the main banks here
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
obiero
#1374 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:09:11 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9 Actual 14.7
EQTY 13.8 Actual 13.3
COOP 9.5 Actual 9.3
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5
BBK 5.2 Actual 5.1
I&M 3.9
CFC 3.2 Actual 2.2
NIC 2.6 Actual 2.9
HFCK 0.34 Actual 0.23
NBK 0.17 Actual 0.25
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
obiero
#1375 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 2:11:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9 Actual 14.7
EQTY 13.8 Actual 13.3
COOP 9.5 Actual 9.3
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5 Actual 5.04
BBK 5.2 Actual 5.1
I&M 3.9
CFC 3.2 Actual 2.2
NIC 2.6 Actual 2.9
HFCK 0.34 Actual 0.23
NBK 0.17 Actual 0.25
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
winston
#1376 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 5:32:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/14/2010
Posts: 805
Location: Nairobi
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9 Actual 14.7
EQTY 13.8 Actual 13.3
COOP 9.5 Actual 9.3
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5 Actual 5.04
BBK 5.2 Actual 5.1
I&M 3.9
CFC 3.2 Actual 2.2
NIC 2.6 Actual 2.9
HFCK 0.34 Actual 0.23
NBK 0.17 Actual 0.25


Applause Applause Applause Pretty spot on
obiero
#1377 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:07:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
winston wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9 Actual 14.7
EQTY 13.8 Actual 13.3
COOP 9.5 Actual 9.3
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5 Actual 5.04
BBK 5.2 Actual 5.1
I&M 3.9 Actual 4.9
CFC 3.2 Actual 2.2
NIC 2.6 Actual 2.9
HFCK 0.34 Actual 0.23
NBK 0.17 Actual 0.25


Applause Applause Applause Pretty spot on

Asante.. KCB remains king
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
mlennyma
#1378 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:15:52 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/21/2010
Posts: 5,530
Location: nairobi
obiero wrote:
winston wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9 Actual 14.7
EQTY 13.8 Actual 13.3
COOP 9.5 Actual 9.3
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5 Actual 5.04
BBK 5.2 Actual 5.1
I&M 3.9 Actual 4.9
CFC 3.2 Actual 2.2
NIC 2.6 Actual 2.9
HFCK 0.34 Actual 0.23
NBK 0.17 Actual 0.25


Applause Applause Applause Pretty spot on

Asante.. KCB remains king

I don't see any good reason why banks tanked so heavily after rates cap
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#1379 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:37:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
winston wrote:
obiero wrote:
The Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for H1 2017, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 13.9 Actual 14.7
EQTY 13.8 Actual 13.3
COOP 9.5 Actual 9.3
SCBK 6.2
DTB 5.5 Actual 5.04
BBK 5.2 Actual 5.1
I&M 3.9 Actual 4.9
CFC 3.2 Actual 2.2
NIC 2.6 Actual 2.9
HFCK 0.34 Actual 0.23
NBK 0.17 Actual 0.25


Applause Applause Applause Pretty spot on

Asante.. KCB remains king

I don't see any good reason why banks tanked so heavily after rates cap

Share price or PBT? It's all tied to interest income.. Remember banks solely exist to lend as per our tutorials back in the day
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
obiero
#1380 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:38:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 7,116
Location: nairobi
Standard Chartered closes off the list with 4.9B.. Bloody results
one thing that's certain is that there's uncertainty at the NSE and stocks hate uncertainty
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
70 Pages«<67686970>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2017 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.