Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

52 Pages«<2324252627>»
IEBC showdown today!!!!!!!!
Ngalaka
#481 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:58:39 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
Was public participation lacking only in the case of presidential ballot tendering? What was the gist of the case? Wasn't it the suspicion that one party was unduly advantaged by the printing if done by Al Gurer?

The Judges specifically dealt with this allegation and found it to be baseless.

It was also observed right there in court after the judgement that; with this judgement other persons are now likely to go to court to have all the other ballots be subjected to similar fate since no public participation was carried out on their part either.
The judges just shrugged their shoulders like - Shhh - don't give the litigants that idea! adding that they ruled strictly on the matter before them - the presidential ballot!!!

In light of this, can we now conclude that that was a very stupid ruling?

Somebody with deep pockets but who hasn't yet won voters' hearts will do so. More time might mean turning tables on your opponents

I have in mind Kabogo. More time could give him a new lease of political life

The Court of Appeal echoed this albeit in sugar coated language.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
washiku
#482 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:39:34 PM

Does this mean Rao will not accept results (maybe even if he wins) now that he said he will only accept results on condition that the tender is cancelled?

http://www.the-star.co.k...t-result-raila_c1597018

http://www.jambonewspot....-elections-raila-odinga/
FRM2011
#483 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 12:40:54 PM

One of Kenya's top finance professionals, Mohamed Wehliye, did a comparison of cost of elections in Africa.

Here we go (cost per voter) ;

1. Ghana - $0.07
2. Rwanda - $1.05
3. Uganda - $4.00
4. Tanzania - $5.16
5. Nigeria - $8.61
6. Kenya - $25.40

I don't believe in witchcraft but this up here is nothing but uchawi.

ION, during Biwott's funeral.

Ruto : Biwott's vast wealth is a testimony that
hardwork indeed pays.

Uhuru : Biwott worked hard for what he owns and as a
government we shall help to protect his
properties.

Baba please take us to canaan.
wazuaguest
#484 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 12:55:10 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

One of Kenya's top finance professionals, Mohamed Wehliye, did a comparison of cost of elections in Africa.

1. Ghana - $0.07
2. Rwanda - $1.05
3. Uganda - $4.00
4. Tanzania - $5.16
5. Nigeria - $8.61
6. Kenya - $25.40

hardwork indeed pays.

properties.

The legal cost in Kenya alone could run into hundred of millions.
IF NASA could let IEBC to do their work we could save on that.
Buts its their right and thats one way costs shoot to the roof
Africa belongs to Africans.
FRM2011
#485 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 12:59:44 PM

wazuaguest wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

1. Ghana - $0.07
2. Rwanda - $1.05
3. Uganda - $4.00
4. Tanzania - $5.16
5. Nigeria - $8.61
6. Kenya - $25.40

hardwork indeed pays.

properties.

The legal cost in Kenya alone could run into hundred of millions.
IF NASA could let IEBC to do their work we could save on that.
Buts its their right and thats one way costs shoot to the roof

In 2013, IEBC spent Kes. 300M in legal fees. That translates to $0.15/voter. We are still at $25.25.
murchr
#486 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 1:42:50 PM

How many constituencies and polling stations are in those other countries? And how many contenders?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Gakware
#487 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 2:48:29 PM

murchr wrote:
How many constituencies and polling stations are in those other countries? And how many contenders?

Yeap I agree this is a huge factor, for example Chiloba told Jeff on Hot 96 that there was a ward in Kisii with 35 MCA contenders!!!!!! Is that even possible??d'oh! d'oh!
The past is the past, you either run from it or learn from it!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#488 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 2:53:42 PM

Gakware wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yeap I agree this is a huge factor, for example Chiloba told Jeff on Hot 96 that there was a ward in Kisii with 35 MCA contenders!!!!!! Is that even possible??d'oh! d'oh!

Why not the returns in terms of opportunities to steal from Kenyans are limitless
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
wazuaguest
#489 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 2:53:54 PM

Gakware wrote:
murchr wrote:

Our peculiar ways.
I am pretty sure we have incurred huge losses because of non functioning kits from 2013
Africa belongs to Africans.
Nandwa
#490 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:48:46 PM

Nandwa wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
Niko na swali;

What exactly is RAO's position on the impartiality of IEBC as currently consituted!

Here in Wazua, apart from @FRM2011, the usual RAO supporters, the dyed in the wool ODMers are not hidding their disdain for Chebukati and Co!!

You know Chebukati and the other commissioners joined IEBC the other day. And their only interest is influencing the tenders, collect their cut and retire rich. Most don't care who wins. A dangerous combination of greed and incompetence. Biased ? No. Have you ever heard a Koinange street girl who refused to take in a client because of tribe ? Religion ? Political affiliation ?

Trouble is at the secretariat. These guys run IEBC. NASA made some grave allegations against the Director of voter registration. IEBC didn't bother to respond. But when you look at the drama surrounding the register, you can tell where the problem is.

Ask yourself even if you are not an IT expert. In every database, you have the main identifier. E.g Adm No. in a high school or university, Reg no for a motor vehicle registry. This number cannot be shared. It is also defined in such a way that if it has 6 characters, all alpha-numeric, an entry that fails that condition cannot be accepted.

IEBC are holding the most sensitive of databases in Kenya. Its their only job for the last four years. The primary key identifier is the ID number. In Kenya all ID numbers have either 7 or 8 characters. And here we are with 3-digit, 4-digit, 5-digit identity cards. We have over 300,000 double registrations. ID No.12345678 belongs to a young guy in Nandi born in 1990.

India published online their 800M list of voters. Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda did the same. It is a legal requirement. But IEBC wamekaa ngumu.

NASA bought a copy for 20K and the number of issues coming up are unbelievable.

I take note of your point of view, though I am not sure if RAO would agree.

The problem with your view IMHO;

The allegations on voter identification data could very well be yet another ruse by RAO to disoriantate IEBC.

In any case, why is he so intent on running affairs for IEBC, all the inner issues including the length of Voter ID Nos. That's interference - being a nuisance.

How come other political players do not have those issues!! Uhuru should also be concerned if TRULY the voter register has integrity issues!

Unless you are saying the voter register is skewed to favour Uhuru - which takes us back to IEBC impartiality issues!

There are about 7 commissioners who came into office courtesy of RAO action of routing Hassan and co out. Do you mean to say all these people have issues - and only RAO can see what they cant see!!

IEBC asks NASA to Expound on their rigging claims
Quote:
The electoral commission has provided all political parties with a list of its returning officers.
IEBC Commissioner Roslyn Akombe confirmed the release of the list on Friday and challenged politicians and parties to identify any member of the security forces on it.
;;;;;;;

Her sentiments were in response to the opposition, which on Thursday claimed the ruling Jubilee Party had hired 42 police and military officers to rig the election.
;;;;;

On Thursday, following Mr Odinga’s statement, Kenya Police spokesman Charles Owino dismissed the allegations, saying the officers on the list released by Mr Odinga had been recruited by the National Intelligence Service.
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
freiks
#491 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 5:29:17 PM

wazuaguest wrote:
Gakware wrote:
murchr wrote:

Our peculiar ways.
I am pretty sure we have incurred huge losses because of non functioning kits from 2013

Njai ward in Meru has 22 MCA aspirants

Life is an endless adventure
FRM2011
#492 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 5:40:23 PM

Finally, IEBC have uploaded the register. Took the intervention of international observers but isorait.

For the last four hours, nobody has succeeded in downloading. But it looks more of a website capacity issue.

We shall wake up @ 3a.m. to download.

Good move. Now if they agree to test the identification and transmission systems, it would go a long way in inspiring confidence in their system.

Canaan here we come.
murchr
#493 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 5:42:03 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

Finally, IEBC have uploaded the register. Took the intervention of international observers but isorait.

For the last four hours, nobody has succeeded in downloading. But it looks more of a website capacity issue.

Good move. Now if they agree to test the identification and transmission systems, it would go a long way in inspiring confidence in their system.

Canaan here we come.

After downloading then what? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Jump-steady
#494 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 6:18:09 PM

murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Canaan here we come.

After downloading then what? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

@FRM2011, don't go to court again. smile
Bigchick
#495 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 7:09:41 PM

Nandwa wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
Niko na swali;

What exactly is RAO's position on the impartiality of IEBC as currently consituted!

Here in Wazua, apart from @FRM2011, the usual RAO supporters, the dyed in the wool ODMers are not hidding their disdain for Chebukati and Co!!

You know Chebukati and the other commissioners joined IEBC the other day. And their only interest is influencing the tenders, collect their cut and retire rich. Most don't care who wins. A dangerous combination of greed and incompetence. Biased ? No. Have you ever heard a Koinange street girl who refused to take in a client because of tribe ? Religion ? Political affiliation ?

Trouble is at the secretariat. These guys run IEBC. NASA made some grave allegations against the Director of voter registration. IEBC didn't bother to respond. But when you look at the drama surrounding the register, you can tell where the problem is.

Ask yourself even if you are not an IT expert. In every database, you have the main identifier. E.g Adm No. in a high school or university, Reg no for a motor vehicle registry. This number cannot be shared. It is also defined in such a way that if it has 6 characters, all alpha-numeric, an entry that fails that condition cannot be accepted.

IEBC are holding the most sensitive of databases in Kenya. Its their only job for the last four years. The primary key identifier is the ID number. In Kenya all ID numbers have either 7 or 8 characters. And here we are with 3-digit, 4-digit, 5-digit identity cards. We have over 300,000 double registrations. ID No.12345678 belongs to a young guy in Nandi born in 1990.

India published online their 800M list of voters. Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda did the same. It is a legal requirement. But IEBC wamekaa ngumu.

NASA bought a copy for 20K and the number of issues coming up are unbelievable.

I take note of your point of view, though I am not sure if RAO would agree.

The problem with your view IMHO;

The allegations on voter identification data could very well be yet another ruse by RAO to disoriantate IEBC.

In any case, why is he so intent on running affairs for IEBC, all the inner issues including the length of Voter ID Nos. That's interference - being a nuisance.

How come other political players do not have those issues!! Uhuru should also be concerned if TRULY the voter register has integrity issues!

Unless you are saying the voter register is skewed to favour Uhuru - which takes us back to IEBC impartiality issues!

There are about 7 commissioners who came into office courtesy of RAO action of routing Hassan and co out. Do you mean to say all these people have issues - and only RAO can see what they cant see!!

IEBC asks NASA to Expound on their rigging claims
Quote:
The electoral commission has provided all political parties with a list of its returning officers.
IEBC Commissioner Roslyn Akombe confirmed the release of the list on Friday and challenged politicians and parties to identify any member of the security forces on it.
;;;;;;;

Her sentiments were in response to the opposition, which on Thursday claimed the ruling Jubilee Party had hired 42 police and military officers to rig the election.
;;;;;

On Thursday, following Mr Odinga’s statement, Kenya Police spokesman Charles Owino dismissed the allegations, saying the officers on the list released by Mr Odinga had been recruited by the National Intelligence Service.

Joshua will not substantiate his allegations even when challenged to give evidence.His supporters take his word as gospel truth.

This just another one to create tension and credibility crisis.

Do you remember when he rushed to announce that govt want to arrest Simba Arati because of calling himself simba yet the name. .......bla bla bla....

Shameless guy I must say.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Amores
#496 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 7:16:50 PM

There are many ways to set the stage to reject election results.One of them is to attack the electoral body( even when you have succeeded to have it overhauled- and still think they are the reason you won't win) and the other is to attack the voters' roll. This is the strategy of the geezers.
I am happy
masukuma
#497 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:20:08 AM

freiks wrote:
wazuaguest wrote:
Gakware wrote:
murchr wrote:

Our peculiar ways.

Njai ward in Meru has 22 MCA aspirants

why is this shocking? it was the same case in 2012!! Kisii had multiple seats that had the same type of competition. But I have really discovered that while you think that is something... huku "maKando" in PNG - the same thing is manifest... the governor seat has 61 candidates on the ballot!!

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Njung'e
#498 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:11:09 PM

murchr wrote:
[quote=FRM2011]

I have downloaded. What am i supposed to do next? I am feeling sillySad Pray Laughing out loudly
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
thuks
#499 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:21:38 PM

Njung'e wrote:
murchr wrote:
[quote=FRM2011]

I have downloaded. What am i supposed to do next? I am feeling sillySad Pray Laughing out loudly

A few suggestions
1. Count the dead in the register
2. Segregate data according to how the names betray the individuals
3. Assign votes to candidate according to 2 above
4. Are you happy with the numbers?
5. If 4 is NO, call a presser and cry rigging, ressurection of the dead on polling day e.t.c.
Else, call a presser and say you are indeed xy strong.
6. Wait for 8817 for the truth and feel silly for realLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I care!
Njung'e
#500 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:25:56 PM

thuks wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
murchr wrote:
[quote=FRM2011]

A few suggestions
1. Count the dead in the register
2. Segregate data according to how the names betray the individuals
3. Assign votes to candidate according to 2 above
4. Are you happy with the numbers?
5. If 4 is NO, call a presser and cry rigging, ressurection of the dead on polling day e.t.c.
Else, call a presser and say you are indeed xy strong.
6. Wait for 8817 for the truth and feel silly for realLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Will tryLaughing out loudly but before you go, how do the dead look like on the register?Pray Sad smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.