Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
CIC FY16
heri
#41 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 8:13:28 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

niko ndaaaani,if this polls go well I will be rich with cic stock...above 10bob in mid 2018
hata kama ni optimism, this is way tooo much
Angelica _ann
#42 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 8:20:30 PM

heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

niko ndaaaani,if this polls go well I will be rich with cic stock...above 10bob in mid 2018

Safaricom at 5bob in December 2012, rest is history!!! Can happen again with this smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Kausha
#43 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 8:50:45 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

Safaricom at 5bob in December 2012, rest is history!!! Can happen again with this smile smile smile

Squeeze that filter. Hii ni bima. No miracles
Ericsson
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:55:24 AM

Kesho tuko 4.50
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 11:13:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Kesho tuko 4.50

1 bob gain for every share Drool Drool Drool
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 06, 2017 3:53:11 PM

CIC Insurance has rebounded well,share price holds above the sh.4 as sellers hold on. Strong half year results expected.
Ericsson
#47 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:07:50 PM

Counter hitting year highs.
winston
#48 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 8:06:05 AM

My 2cents. I would be a bit cautious. It might be quite sometime before company performance is anything to write home about.
lochaes
#49 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 8:21:21 AM

winston wrote:
My 2cents. I would be a bit cautious. It might be quite sometime before company performance is anything to write home about.

you have an idea of the inner workings?
Ericsson
#50 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 9:19:14 AM

lochaes wrote:
winston wrote:

This year's profits before tax will be at minimum triple what the company made last year
mlennyma
#51 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 1:40:58 PM

heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

my dream is still valid
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
littledove
#52 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 2:08:06 PM

mlennyma wrote:
heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

my dream is still valid

very much possible, remember it was around 12 the last bull, its also a darling of foreigners due to liquidity once elections ends peacefully expect foreign inflows to push it even higher, they also like giving bonus if they give a bonus during a bull expect skyrocketing! i love what im seeing just praying for elections to be peacefull
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:00:09 PM

littledove wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

my dream is still valid

very much possible, remember it was around 12 the last bull, its also a darling of foreigners due to liquidity once elections ends peacefully expect foreign inflows to push it even higher, they also like giving bonus if they give a bonus during a bull expect skyrocketing! i love what im seeing just praying for elections to be peacefull

Amen littledove;
Hope so too that elections go peacefully
obiero
#54 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:17:49 PM

Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
5 bob here we come

my dream is still valid

Amen littledove;
Hope so too that elections go peacefully

Keep hope alive

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Muthawamunene
#55 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:38:15 PM

Something's not adding up with this share.
- The volumes driving the rise are thin and reducing.
- 14 day daily RSI is over the roof at 84.7 (according to investing.com)
- The performance last year was borderline pitiable.
- The shares are as liquid as coop's.
Nevertheless, money is being made here.
winston
#56 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:29:18 PM

lochaes wrote:
winston wrote:

I think it had a strategy that got messed up after the long serving CEO left...they went heavy into medical business and really suffered...they toyed with insuring psv...not sure how that turned out...they floated a paper i think 5bn...to go regional...and there are no significant returns from these outfits...so...they have to rebalance their strategy and pay interest on the paper before shareholders get something.....nonetheless share prices sometimes go contrary to performance
winston
#57 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:33:13 PM

winston wrote:
lochaes wrote:
winston wrote:

I think it had a strategy that got messed up after the long serving CEO left...they went heavy into medical business and really suffered...they toyed with insuring psv...not sure how that turned out...they floated a paper i think 5bn...to go regional...and there are no significant returns from these outfits...so...they have to rebalance their strategy and pay interest on the paper before shareholders get something.....nonetheless share prices sometimes go contrary to performance

But...am not an insider.
Ericsson
#58 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:44:32 PM

@winston
The current ceo is doing a good job in streamlining the company and putting processes and creating a world class company
---Medical business was previously bleeding and making losses. It’s being streamlined and last year made a profit
--CIC previously wasn't active in quoted equities. The current CEO has ventured there to maximise returns.
--If you look at Tom Gitogo tenure as CEO of Pan Africa insurance from the time he joined to when he left, he grew the company tremendously. He has a good track record and is a performer.
--For the bond, it was issued during tenure of previous CEO in 2014 and matures in 2019.
I looked at the books for FY2016. The company will be able to repay the bond comfortably
winston
#59 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:15:23 AM

@Ericsson. Thanks. Am sure there will be positive change...since some of the reasons given for FY2016 will not recur. Nonetheless...the Insurer's performance wont support some of the prices being quoted above. If am not wrong it has some 2.6bn shares issued. It needs to have a PBT of 2.6bn to have an earning if 1/- per share (to support price if 7-10/-). Now that will be a tall order...given the nature of insurance industry and given that whatever profits are made will be swallowed by interest on the paper (lets assume circa 600m per year interest on 5bn paper).

On medical business...good to streamline. meaning a better bottomline but poorer topline as their premiums are likely to shrink.

As for Githogo. Good performer maybe. But he isnt Kuria. So question will be how does he retain the cooperative and sacco goodwill that Kuria enjoyed.

As for investing in quoted shares...good move. will give results in 2018-2020. its peers Britam...Uap are now in big in property.

Company will repay the loan...but truth is it suffers twice...on the interest it has to pay and on lack of anything tangible to show for where the money went.

But again...I maybe totally wrong.
Ericsson
#60 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:44:42 AM

@winston;
Please go through the annual report.The interest on the bond @sh.650mn per year they have been paying comfortably and still making a profit.
The goodwill that Kuria had with the cooperative and sacco hasn't changed.Saccos and cooperatives are the largest shareholders in CIC.
As for Britam and UAP going big in property;that is good but have you asked yourself what returns they are getting.Britam has ghost buildings in Upper Hill i.e no tenants.
Britam debt is growing and if not careful we may have another Nakumatt.
UAP if it wasn't for the south africans (Old Mutual) the company was was going to burst.