wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

70 Pages«<4546474849>»
SGR Progress thus far
simonkabz
#921 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:55:18 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
The most expensive train project in the world, in a country where less than 5% of the population files tax returns.

And there are actually people applauding this madness.

Only in Africa.

How much did the Nigerian one cost? And the Ugly Ethiopian one?

Considering all factors including environmental protection and aesthetics, ours was cheap. Stop the hate.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Iganamagana
#922 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:42:31 PM

hardwood wrote:
I understand that National Geographic and the Discovery Channel are doing a documentary on the SGR under their MegaProjects series. I am very proud to be Kenyan and also very proud of Ohuru.

Applause
Intelligentsia
#923 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:51:13 PM

hardwood wrote:
I understand that National Geographic and the Discovery Channel are doing a documentary on the SGR under their MegaProjects series. I am very proud to be Kenyan and also very proud of Ohuru.

Applause Applause Applause

pia weka link
freiks
#924 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:18:49 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:
hardwood wrote:

pia weka link

Kenyans saw waste of money and corruption while national geographic saw an opportunity to make money. How we see things differently
Life is an endless adventure
Bigchick
#925 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:41:17 PM

freiks wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:
hardwood wrote:

pia weka link

Kenyans saw waste of money and corruption while national geographic saw an opportunity to make money. How we see things differently

Not all kenyans.

Its baba and his followers who saw a waste of money.The rest of us have been happy.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Impunity
#926 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:28:56 PM

simonkabz wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
The most expensive train project in the world, in a country where less than 5% of the population files tax returns.

Only in Africa.

Considering all factors including environmental protection and aesthetics, ours was cheap. Stop the hate.

With other tenderprenual factors held constant,you cannot compare our new SGR main stations with those things in Ethiopia.
our stations are worldsclass airport standard...the stations are pretty and damp good.
Google and see Ethiopian Addis main station and come back here we talk.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Shak
#927 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 1:18:03 PM

Impunity wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Only in Africa.

With other tenderprenual factors held constant,you cannot compare our new SGR main stations with those things in Ethiopia.
our stations are worldsclass airport standard...the stations are pretty and damp good.
Google and see Ethiopian Addis main station and come back here we talk.

I hope the toilets in the stations now have running water. That report about stinking toilets was very disappointing
mpobiz
#928 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:29:34 AM

Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Only in Africa.

In 1890s the Lunatic line was considered in the same goggles you are using now but it proved "pundits" wrong as it later created the country we today call Kenya with numerous commercial centers along its path.

It's good that you note about the 5%.and we can manage to do all this. Then it means this country is sitting on a human resource gold mine. Though the project is expected to stimulate the growth of the economy and increase the tax pool. The taxman should strive to expand his tentacles and reingn in more tax payers.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
hardwood
#929 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:52:36 AM

Reuters has become gutter press....

http://www.the-star.co.k...ead-of-election_c1609447
mkeiy
#930 Posted : Thursday, August 03, 2017 11:22:37 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Only in Africa.

In 1890s the Lunatic line was considered in the same goggles you are using now but it proved "pundits" wrong as it later created the country we today call Kenya with numerous commercial centers along its path.

It's good that you note about the 5%.and we can manage to do all this. Then it means this country is sitting on a human resource gold mine. Though the project is expected to stimulate the growth of the economy and increase the tax pool. The taxman should strive to expand his tentacles and reingn in more tax payers.

@Mpobiz.
What are you trying to say sir?
ZZE123
#931 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 12:57:48 PM

Is it possible to book this SGR online??
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
mpobiz
#932 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:27:45 PM

mkeiy wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Only in Africa.

@Mpobiz.
What are you trying to say sir?

Appologies for my late reply.
You have noted that mtu wa raha had said that only 5%of the population pays tax .this means a considerable number of our population doesn't pay tax but are very much eligible and able to do so. In the green part I also wanted to draw the atention to the taxman. The taxman should cast his net a bit wider. I think this country will go further if atleast 20% of the population pays tax.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
#933 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:44:11 PM

ZZE123 wrote:

Corruption on the ground has already started eating SGR away.
Never book a ticket one way, you'll have to buy your return ticket from the cartel.
My friend, a foreigner and his family bought a ticket through me to Rahaland but they didn't buy a return.
So, what happens is that when you call the ticketing number, they tell you that you have to get your ticket directly from the station. You get to the station and they tell you tickets are sold out which makes you wonder why they couldn't tell you that on phone so you can take a bus or fly back. Then when you leave the booth, a guy approaches you with tickets going at double the price and you have to buy as they are still better that the bus and cheaper than flying. All the best our poor SGR. Interestingly, this is happening more on the 001 side than Nairobi.

BBI will solve it
:)
Impunity
#934 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:00:26 PM

2012 wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Never book a ticket one way, you'll have to buy your return ticket from the cartel.
My friend, a foreigner and his family bought a ticket through me to Rahaland but they didn't buy a return.
So, what happens is that when you call the ticketing number, they tell you that you have to get your ticket directly from the station. You get to the station and they tell you tickets are sold out which makes you wonder why they couldn't tell you that on phone so you can take a bus or fly back. Then when you leave the booth, a guy approaches you with tickets going at double the price and you have to buy as they are still better that the bus and cheaper than flying. All the best our poor SGR. Interestingly, this is happening more on the 001 side than Nairobi.

Of course this is done by thear people who have since moved to the coast.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

ZZE123
#935 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:14:31 PM

Impunity wrote:
2012 wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Of course this is done by thear people who have since moved to the coast.

Today I went to the Nairobi Terminus in Syokimau to buy a ticket for Monday from Msa to Nairobi and I was served in less than 10 min – now looking forward to the ride
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
alma1
#936 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:18:47 PM

I told you about this SGR thing and I was hounded out of Wazua. I can't even see those bloggers who were paid to go on that thing posting anymore.

Reality is not a simple thing to swallow. It wasn't ready but we had to make political noise about development.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

hardwood
#937 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:43:48 PM

alma1 wrote:
I told you about this SGR thing and I was hounded out of Wazua. I can't even see those bloggers who were paid to go on that thing posting anymore.

Reality is not a simple thing to swallow. It wasn't ready but we had to make political noise about development.

As you and your fellow "adui wa maendeleo" rant with your upusi we are busy extending to the rest of east africa.

murchr
#938 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:53:14 PM

alma1 wrote:

What reality do you want @alma?

Laying of the Geogrid Sub-base for a Section of Embankment of the Nairobi - Naivasha Railway

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#939 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:54:00 PM

alma1 wrote:

Meanwhile as you throw tantrums, we are busy tunneling to naivasha. makelele ya chura haitazuia ngombe kunywa maji...#shindwe

alma1
#940 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:38:52 PM

Hardwood, life is not about pikshas. You can post as many pikshas as you wish. Don't forget to post videos and 3D renderings. I know you don't even know where Syokimau is.

Until this project is fully implemented, the only people smiling will be the Shainis. We have to start paying that loan. Whether you get a ticket or not, you have to pay that loan.

Implementation is what kills Kenyan projects and I don't see anything different with this one either. Maybe if we take a few minutes from talking about Raira and impeaching him, we could actually make this a successful project. Not for the cartels but for the people.

Just saying.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?