wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<14151617>
Centum
VituVingiSana
#301 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:58:05 AM

Ericsson wrote:
KRA rejecting bankers Cheques from Sidian Bank.

I think Sidian should pay its taxes to KRA in bankers' chqs! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ... I wonder what CBK has to say about that.

That said... it's rumors like these that can cause stress for otherwise healthy banks.

@MuandiWambeu - Centum can find a partner [or foreign bank] which wants to be in Kenya to inject cash OR sell out. Take the loss and be done.

@alotoftalk - I think they should look for a banking partner who can bring money/equity as well as skills to the table.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
winston
#302 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 8:11:56 AM

Did management get another 1bn bonus for last FY?
winston
#303 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:13:56 PM

winston wrote:
Did management get another 1bn bonus for last FY?

Heeeelp! Anyone?
madebe
#304 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 10:29:09 AM

Centum wants to acquire 5.53% of Deacons from Aueros East Africa.....see DN. Page 41......is deacons a worthy buy????
Horton
#305 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 12:58:39 PM

madebe wrote:
Centum wants to acquire 5.53% of Deacons from Aueros East Africa.....see DN. Page 41......is deacons a worthy buy????

Thats a daft move. I sold out at 42/- glad I did. Reason I sold was:
1. Didnt understand their strategy anymore
2. They have sold alot of their assets KWAL, 2 rivers etc what would they use in future to prop up their profits? What else do they have remaining with the exception of NAS, NAIROBI bottlers & Almasi? Maybe the veggie export co?
3. Sidian was a major factor in my selling. Not an industry leader by a long shot.

From the proceeds of this sale, ended up buying more simba at 37-38
Ericsson
#306 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 2:04:33 PM

Deacons will now have to open a branch at Two Rivers Mall
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
madebe
#307 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 3:47:54 PM

Horton wrote:
madebe wrote:

Thats a daft move. I sold out at 42/- glad I did. Reason I sold was:
1. Didnt understand their strategy anymore
2. They have sold alot of their assets KWAL, 2 rivers etc what would they use in future to prop up their profits? What else do they have remaining with the exception of NAS, NAIROBI bottlers & Almasi? Maybe the veggie export co?
3. Sidian was a major factor in my selling. Not an industry leader by a long shot.

From the proceeds of this sale, ended up buying more simba at 37-38

Two things
1. At kshs 3.9 to a range of 5 bob, deacons becomes a good buy target as i believe it has a wrong strategy that can be twicked
2. I am beginning to rethink my holdings in Banks, nobody is saying it for fear, but our banks are now beginning to hol;d toxic assets...think about loans to Kq, Nakumatt, Uchumi, Cables etc.....
winston
#308 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 3:55:22 PM

was it DJ ck who said centum should be trading at 100(?)...i recall a quote from one wazuan that centum is beneficial...first to its employees...second to speculators and third to shareholders...in that order.

Despite sidians poor performance...the fact that a number of its assets are supported by revaluations..and ofcourse the hefty employee perks...still think its a good counter (in my opinion).
Horton
#309 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 7:44:50 PM

winston wrote:
was it DJ ck who said centum should be trading at 100(?)...i recall a quote from one wazuan that centum is beneficial...first to its employees...second to speculators and third to shareholders...in that order.

Despite sidians poor performance...the fact that a number of its assets are supported by revaluations..and ofcourse the hefty employee perks...still think its a good counter (in my opinion).

Owners of companies tend to be over optimistic
whiteowl
#310 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 10:34:32 AM

winston wrote:

This share rally started when it was at 22 and CK declared he had "1 billion war chest" to buy additional shares.To his credit, he did buy and hit his target.
sparkly
#311 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:01:42 PM

whiteowl wrote:
winston wrote:

This share rally started when it was at 22 and CK declared he had "1 billion war chest" to buy additional shares.To his credit, he did buy and hit his target.

He didn't have anywhere else to put his money from HACO and UAP.
Life is short. Live passionately.
winston
#312 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:19:55 PM

sparkly wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
winston wrote:

He didn't have anywhere else to put his money from HACO and UAP.

A kiswahili saying roughly translated: he who beats the drums tends to favour his tunes...
winston
#313 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:26:13 PM

Anyway of knowing the original value and revalued value of the vipingo land in the books of centum?
Horton
#314 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:52:01 PM

So this was snuck into the papers today. I wonder how much it cost these guys from dubai and what percentage they now hold in ACE. https://www.businessdail...04034-mhuhus/index.html

This should do very well for centum along with Almasi and Vipingo
Horton
#315 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:07:53 PM

winston wrote:
Anyway of knowing the original value and revalued value of the vipingo land in the books of centum?

So they bought roughly 10,000 acres in vipingo for about 2b (about 200,000/- per acre)

As per their FY 2017, vipingo land is valued at 7.4B or roughly 740k per acre. NB there is a good chunk of beachfront land as well.

But the crown jewel would have to be their stake in Almasi & Nairobi Bottlers
Horton
#316 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:32:14 AM

Horton wrote:
So this was snuck into the papers today. I wonder how much it cost these guys from dubai and what percentage they now hold in ACE. https://www.businessdail...04034-mhuhus/index.html

This is 2bn Investment from the dubai people
mamilli
#317 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:56:00 PM

Horton wrote:
Horton wrote:

I see thetamu and simba have identical pricing,in not so distant future,simba will be blown into smithereens.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
Horton
#318 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:31:30 PM

mamilli wrote:
Horton wrote:
Horton wrote:

I see thetamu and simba have identical pricing,in not so distant future,simba will be blown into smithereens.

🤔🤔 care to elaborate?
mamilli
#319 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:00:26 PM

Horton wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Horton wrote:
Horton wrote:

🤔🤔 care to elaborate?

Was talking of CENTUM/KCB share price,both circa 45 currently,then looked at afew parameters like PE/EPS/NAV.No doubt CENTUM will double in price first,their business model notwithstanding.(both are my anchor counters btw)
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
Ericsson
#320 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:57:58 PM

Horton wrote:
Horton wrote:

Some of the Investments been done by Dubai seems proper due diligence wasn't done.
Returns are below par
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle