wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Documentary Idea..
Kusadikika
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:18:36 AM

Are there people who make documentaries here?

This campaign season has produced a lot of raw footage of Uhuru and Ruto in rallies. I think there is enough material for a great documentary once the campaign excitement has ended.

There are a few things that can be explored in a good documentary, the politics, the content of their promises against their accomplishments but most importantly for me just for sheer entertainment their chemistry and their performance on stage.

I think we are witnessing a really great performance of public speaking. It may be they have a vision and are great leaders or not but one thing that is undeniable is that they are great campaigners. They are really good at the craft of stage performance that any artist would envy.

If we have insider footage it would also make a great documentary like "Mitt" on Netflix. What is the mood like in the backrooms when you have to cover 14 counties in one week. What do they eat, do they get to sleep and rest, how do they prepare. What kind of briefings are involved before they step on stage.
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:42:58 AM

I'm in that space but I can tell you that if your target audience is Kenyans then it will fail. Kenyans are never interested in behind the scenes unless if you are exposing some controversies. We are a society where nothing can ever be straight, nobody dies of normal causes etc... But maybe your angle is different.
One thing I can encourage you on is our media must produce a substantial amount of local content by law and they fall way short especially in producing quality local material, so you could be offering a life-line and make sure you go to the highest bidder because most pay horribly.

BBI will solve it
:)
Lolest!
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:38:49 AM

Quote:
I think we are witnessing a really great performance of public speaking. It may be they have a vision and are great leaders or not but one thing that is undeniable is that they are great campaigners. They are really good at the craft of stage performance that any artist would envy.

I've noted that Uhuru these days is walking across the dais like a pentecostal pastor
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
washiku
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:42:46 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

I've noted that Uhuru these days is walking across the dais like a pentecostal pastor

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:01:42 PM

washiku wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

And in those rallies, he is allowed to share the mic with the rest of 'us' smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Kusadikika
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:18:17 PM

2012 wrote:
I'm in that space but I can tell you that if your target audience is Kenyans then it will fail. Kenyans are never interested in behind the scenes unless if you are exposing some controversies. We are a society where nothing can ever be straight, nobody dies of normal causes etc... But maybe your angle is different.
One thing I can encourage you on is our media must produce a substantial amount of local content by law and they fall way short especially in producing quality local material, so you could be offering a life-line and make sure you go to the highest bidder because most pay horribly.

I think a great documentary can be made but not with the objective of making money immediately. With good creativity this is a story that could appeal to a much bigger audience than just Kenya. With a good story teller you can even make it into a mini series of at least 10 episodes where you can have suspense built into the end of each one to get people to tune in to the next.

The clips that we see on the news are very short. Probably only 2 or 3 minutes of a 20 or 30 minute rally so there is plenty of footage even without going into background stuff that would be interesting and fresh even for people who think they know the story. It is all about how the story is told.

The best way to fund this would be to appeal to someone philanthropic without the promise of making money immediately but someone who would want their name associated with a great production. I am not in the industry so I do not know how it works but I think this can be approached more like a fundraising thing than a business pitch.
sheri
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:29:25 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

There is no dull moment in wazua. When you think the world is coming to an end someone like @Lolest just drops a lineLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly People are wondering why am laughing while things are so thick in the office
Gakware
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:33:58 PM

sheri wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

There is no dull moment in wazua. When you think the world is coming to an end someone like @Lolest just drops a lineLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly People are wondering why am laughing while things are so thick in the office

I totally concur!!!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The past is the past, you either run from it or learn from it!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:34:47 PM

What a brilliant idea, some 50 years from now, such footage with especially the thoughts of the main actors can be gold with buyers from Universities, researchers, from all over the world who I am sure currently lack first hand insight into how African elections/democracy/campaigns works
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
essyk
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:21:41 PM

sheri wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

Hahaha.
eeeeh? ehhhh..smile
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
hardwood
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:31:12 PM

essyk wrote:
sheri wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

Hahaha.
eeeeh? ehhhh..smile

I just wonder how Kibaki was doing these campaign manenos. Is there anyone with kifaki campaign footage?
washiku
#12 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 12:12:59 AM

hardwood wrote:
essyk wrote:
sheri wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:

Hahaha.
eeeeh? ehhhh..smile

I just wonder how Kibaki was doing these campaign manenos. Is there anyone with kifaki campaign footage?

Maybe that documentary should start with his campaigns.
murchr
#13 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 1:50:09 AM

A documentary made out of campaigns is a waste of money time and other resources. A documentary about Cholera in Nairobi exposing the rot in the city would make more sense of money and time. Our politics has enslaved us that we cannot think beyond rallies and the theatrics that occur there.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore