Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

33 Pages«<2627282930>»
Bitcoin & CryptoCoins for Kenya
Mukiri
#541 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 10:07:29 AM

Ryko wrote:
iMANI wrote:
@snifadog, ryko, mic-mic

Looking to join in on this cryptocurrency wave..especially interested in ethereum. Quick questions:
1. How can one buy ETH from Kenya?
2. Which is the best/convenient exchange to us?

NB. I only have a Kenyan bank account and a VISA/Master Card. I'm not privy to offshore accounts

Kindly advise

This guide should really assist you, its one of the wazua guys above who wrote it buy bitcoin ethereum kenya

Personally i am in bittrex & Kraken exchange. Kraken gave me a hard time so i used one of my student account while in UK and they accepted, however i prefer bittrex exchange and i use "coinmama.com-with coupons"/"spectrocoin" & a kenyan mama who always loads me bitcoins cheaply. I got her over "localbitcoin" and she gives me good offers(i buy in bulk).

I really dont invest in bitcoin i invest in alternate coins +(ethereum,ripple,siacon,bitpay,Doge etc . I just buy bitcoins and convert them to altcoin, my simple thinking is that altcoins can grow x40 but bitcoin can only double tripple my cash. Based on this Kraken doesn't work for me better so i prefer bittrex, bittrex has so many alternative coins unlike kraken. Basically i am a longterm invester who invests peanuts in cheap coins, i.e i buy a coin at 0.003USD and sell at 1 USD i.e and throw away the keys and wait for years sell. Basically we are all different, it depends on what works for someone, personally altcoins crap works for me. So i cant advice you what is the best exchange for you it depends with you. I am an alternative coin guy "NO bitcoins, and if i buy btc its for exchanging".

Interesting.

First time I'm hearing 'Big mama' 'kenyan mama'... Care to break that down?

Proverbs 19:21
Ryko
#542 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 1:15:16 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Ryko wrote:
iMANI wrote:
@snifadog, ryko, mic-mic

Looking to join in on this cryptocurrency wave..especially interested in ethereum. Quick questions:

NB. I only have a Kenyan bank account and a VISA/Master Card. I'm not privy to offshore accounts

Kindly advise

This guide should really assist you, its one of the wazua guys above who wrote it buy bitcoin ethereum kenya

Personally i am in bittrex & Kraken exchange. Kraken gave me a hard time so i used one of my student account while in UK and they accepted, however i prefer bittrex exchange and i use "coinmama.com-with coupons"/"spectrocoin" & a kenyan mama who always loads me bitcoins cheaply. I got her over "localbitcoin" and she gives me good offers(i buy in bulk).

I really dont invest in bitcoin i invest in alternate coins +(ethereum,ripple,siacon,bitpay,Doge etc . I just buy bitcoins and convert them to altcoin, my simple thinking is that altcoins can grow x40 but bitcoin can only double tripple my cash. Based on this Kraken doesn't work for me better so i prefer bittrex, bittrex has so many alternative coins unlike kraken. Basically i am a longterm invester who invests peanuts in cheap coins, i.e i buy a coin at 0.003USD and sell at 1 USD i.e and throw away the keys and wait for years sell. Basically we are all different, it depends on what works for someone, personally altcoins crap works for me. So i cant advice you what is the best exchange for you it depends with you. I am an alternative coin guy "NO bitcoins, and if i buy btc its for exchanging".

Interesting.

@Mukiri I will take time and break it down, because when i was green someone else in another forum guided me through the process

bittrex - bittrex.com (its an exchange/wallet)- The good thing with bittrex is that i am able to buy altcoins (Alternative coins) This are other coins apart from bitcoin. Check this list to guide you "https://www.worldcoinindex.com/" (i prefer this)
Kraken - is an exchange/wallet - it is good because it allows you to deposit dollars and buy bitcoins however this Ninjas dont allow Kenyans or Kenyan accounts, if you have an EU/US account you good to go. They allow you to put in bitcoins and trade.

So where do i buy bitcoins?
The best/cheapest place to buy bitcoin is on the exchange its damn cheap, unfortunately some exchange dont allow us Kenyans to use FIAT (Fiat ni pesa ya kawaida ksh ama dollar to buy). So where do you buy?
You buy at localbitcoins.com from kenyans via MPESA (Kenyas rip you off i.e now the bitcoin is 2499 USD kenyans will sell you at Ksh 290,000)
When i was starting i would buy at coinmama.com (they sell bitcoins and its instant, i pay via Paypal (be cautious you can be blocked) or card.coinmama.com is expensive but you search for coupons/discount before buying to make the price lower than localbitcoin.com. i also bought at Spectrocoin.com is also cheap than localbitcoins.com.

Sometimes i would find myself in a scenario whereby i want to buy bitcoins immediately coz the price is low/there is a pump & dump in a few hours and yet (at coinmama.com i have exhausted the balance), (at sprectrocoin.com im limited) yet the bitcoin is low and i want it immediately, i would go over to localbitcoin.com identify a seller and sidetalk and request more discount. (This is when you are buying in bulk mostly over 200k). Kenyans are good and generous they can sell you at a good discount but the challenge is its risky because its direct transfer and no escrow so you can be conned in pursuit of cheapness.(this what i refered to a local mama who sorts me out when in need)

There are many platform/exchanges the above is what worked for me.

So once i buy and load bitcoins on bittrex, i exchange to alternative coins. Bitcoin will grow maybe to 10,000 USD but if you bought it today at 2500 that will be 4 times your money. Just a few weeks i bought ethereum 160 today it 320, that cash already doubled, That is why i prefer the alternative coins mcompare to bitcoin. if i would have bought bitcoin that day it was roughly 2000 and today its 2500. Thats why i prefer alternative coins. I have seen it in other alternative coins i bought.

Once you are on an exchange google some (buy & dump groups) join them via telegram (i got three in Google & joined). What they do is pump a coin it rises (out of volume of trade), you sell make a profit. i.e they pick (an altcoin)i.e. ripple, they pump (buy in volume) then you sell at a profit (join several of them they will alert you before pumping begins) some poloneix groups too.

I am not a fun of day to day trade, i did for a few days, but it takes so much time/thinking/traking/following up and i am lazy, i dont believe in hard work. I prefer to hold and sell later.

My best wallets are Exodus/jaxx (simply because they accept many alternative coins but not all). So i still have some coins in my exchange. I hate maintaining many wallets. Most wallets in the market favour bitcoin but you rarely find some good wallets for alternate coins.

I am still new to this crap, infact i dont know what is ethereum or all the coins i have bought (i just check market capitalization, volume of trade, few forums, and pop in), i belive there many cheaper exchanges and ways, selling places etc. I only invest what i can loose, if i wake up tomorrow and bittrex or my wallet does not exist i will move on. Its very possible, this online shyt happens. I buy, lock and wait several years il sell then and drink it all!!

coin maguta maguta!!

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Mukiri
#543 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 6:05:45 AM

Ryko wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Ryko wrote:
iMANI wrote:
@snifadog, ryko, mic-mic

Kindly advise

Interesting.

@Mukiri I will take time and break it down, because when i was green someone else in another forum guided me through the process

bittrex - bittrex.com (its an exchange/wallet)- The good thing with bittrex is that i am able to buy altcoins (Alternative coins) This are other coins apart from bitcoin. Check this list to guide you "https://www.worldcoinindex.com/" (i prefer this)
Kraken - is an exchange/wallet - it is good because it allows you to deposit dollars and buy bitcoins however this Ninjas dont allow Kenyans or Kenyan accounts, if you have an EU/US account you good to go. They allow you to put in bitcoins and trade.

So where do i buy bitcoins?
The best/cheapest place to buy bitcoin is on the exchange its damn cheap, unfortunately some exchange dont allow us Kenyans to use FIAT (Fiat ni pesa ya kawaida ksh ama dollar to buy). So where do you buy?
You buy at localbitcoins.com from kenyans via MPESA (Kenyas rip you off i.e now the bitcoin is 2499 USD kenyans will sell you at Ksh 290,000)
When i was starting i would buy at coinmama.com (they sell bitcoins and its instant, i pay via Paypal (be cautious you can be blocked) or card.coinmama.com is expensive but you search for coupons/discount before buying to make the price lower than localbitcoin.com. i also bought at Spectrocoin.com is also cheap than localbitcoins.com.

Sometimes i would find myself in a scenario whereby i want to buy bitcoins immediately coz the price is low/there is a pump & dump in a few hours and yet (at coinmama.com i have exhausted the balance), (at sprectrocoin.com im limited) yet the bitcoin is low and i want it immediately, i would go over to localbitcoin.com identify a seller and sidetalk and request more discount. (This is when you are buying in bulk mostly over 200k). Kenyans are good and generous they can sell you at a good discount but the challenge is its risky because its direct transfer and no escrow so you can be conned in pursuit of cheapness.(this what i refered to a local mama who sorts me out when in need)

There are many platform/exchanges the above is what worked for me.

So once i buy and load bitcoins on bittrex, i exchange to alternative coins. Bitcoin will grow maybe to 10,000 USD but if you bought it today at 2500 that will be 4 times your money. Just a few weeks i bought ethereum 160 today it 320, that cash already doubled, That is why i prefer the alternative coins mcompare to bitcoin. if i would have bought bitcoin that day it was roughly 2000 and today its 2500. Thats why i prefer alternative coins. I have seen it in other alternative coins i bought.

Once you are on an exchange google some (buy & dump groups) join them via telegram (i got three in Google & joined). What they do is pump a coin it rises (out of volume of trade), you sell make a profit. i.e they pick (an altcoin)i.e. ripple, they pump (buy in volume) then you sell at a profit (join several of them they will alert you before pumping begins) some poloneix groups too.

I am not a fun of day to day trade, i did for a few days, but it takes so much time/thinking/traking/following up and i am lazy, i dont believe in hard work. I prefer to hold and sell later.

My best wallets are Exodus/jaxx (simply because they accept many alternative coins but not all). So i still have some coins in my exchange. I hate maintaining many wallets. Most wallets in the market favour bitcoin but you rarely find some good wallets for alternate coins.

I am still new to this crap, infact i dont know what is ethereum or all the coins i have bought (i just check market capitalization, volume of trade, few forums, and pop in), i belive there many cheaper exchanges and ways, selling places etc. I only invest what i can loose, if i wake up tomorrow and bittrex or my wallet does not exist i will move on. Its very possible, this online shyt happens. I buy, lock and wait several years il sell then and drink it all!!

coin maguta maguta!!

Thank you @Ryko. Articulate.

I use Poloniex (Exchange/Wallet). Kraken are yet to let me trade. I also use Jaxx Wallet. I got Electrum but it gave me a headache trying to figure it out. Ultimately I'm making arrangements to get both the Nano and Trevor cold wallets. Nothing beats like having your alcoins offline, no?

First I'm hearing about Pump & Dump too, and the Telegram links. There's something about quick money, that tells me 'Kiyana, go and spoil yourself kitogo!' And I haven't spoilt myself in a while.. Please share the links to the groups, and the links to where they can be found (And yes, I read the part about you being lazy, but since you are being generous.... )

snifadog
#544 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 8:27:18 AM

I have been avoiding the pump and dump trains but am tempted to join. Please share the channels where these things originate.
I am able to buy small amounts of BTC for anyone interested for a small fee of 14% incl of all fees
Mukiri
#545 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 9:04:25 AM

snifadog wrote:
I have been avoiding the pump and dump trains but am tempted to join. Please share the channels where these things originate.
I am able to buy small amounts of BTC for anyone interested for a small fee of 14% incl of all fees

1. Why can't they buy for themselves?
2. How does your arrangement work?

Sober
#546 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 10:32:11 AM

snifadog wrote:
you can try to verify your profile & account with an exchange using Kenyan documents. I don't know how that goes. I use bittrex and kraken. I am verified on kraken using foreign documents where I normally reside

Only verify if you need to withdraw loads of amounts in a day which i doubt it's necessary. you can operate under that threshold and would not need verification.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Sober
#547 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 10:33:42 AM

snifadog wrote:

Now that the price of Cryptos fluctuate like each second. which one will you be quoting?
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
snifadog
#548 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 12:37:58 PM

I will be buying at market price whichever it is at execution. this is not good for those who was to trade for profit as opposed to invest
Some people have difficulty verifying on exchanges allowing you to deposit fiat currency so this is good for those
conversion will be at CBK euro rate and trade report will be provided
snifadog
#549 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:29:16 PM

What a fall! I wouldn't be shocked if it went to below USD 1,000 by month end
Ryko
#550 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 5:55:30 AM

snifadog wrote:

Blood bath & fireworks..everything is flashing down the toilet. Who thought some coins would be this cheap, damn... already started picking bits as we approach Aug and preparing for more, waiting for another deeper dip for more flesh.
kenyariri
#551 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:54:30 AM

Someone shed s light on the Bitcoin trade development in Kenya. I am pretty much interested in setting my footprint there.
Sophisticated investors ignore the noise and concentrate on the intrinsic value of an asset
Mukiri
#552 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:32:34 PM

Ryko wrote:
snifadog wrote:

Blood bath & fireworks..everything is flashing down the toilet. Who thought some coins would be this cheap, damn... already started picking bits as we approach Aug and preparing for more, waiting for another deeper dip for more flesh.

What are you eyeing?

Ryko
#553 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:25:12 AM

Mukiri wrote:

What are you eyeing?

This what i was eyeing and picked & some i just increased my volumes during the crash:
1. Ans (now NEO) Said to be the next Chinese Ethereum read more about it https://www.reddit.com/r/Antshares/. Put it in a wallet and you will generate ANC (so you will have ANS & ANC)
2. Humanique A project for african banking using mobile & face technology read about it https://www.reddit.com/r/Humaniq/
3. Ripples Next big thing in banking replacing SWIFT technology, superfast already on commercial zone
4. Golem Russian technology for cloud computing storage (they hire spaced from anyone) check youtube
5. SiaCoin said to replace Amazon storage, Dropbox, with a huge community behind check here https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/
6. Ark for smart contracts replacing lawyers in the applications build on Etherium
7Finally LTC and and
8 Ethereum

it is very possible that most of coins in the Altcoins sections will not be there in the next 5 to 10 years its just a matter of reasearching alot before picking it. We are advised to buy only coins with stable technology behind it and good community, technology that is working coz most have not proved it yet i.e Humanique (the beta app is not out yet expect it in Aug), thats a pure gamble. Join several telegram groups to assist you in picking them so you dont go way off..

This is purely my picks and i might be wrong - the future will tell. Atleast i will have tried & failed if it fails.
kindly do your own research before picking any coin, some are good for short term buy and sell buy my picks are purely for over 3 years holding not daily trading.

Mukiri
#554 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:26:51 PM

Ryko wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

What are you eyeing?

This what i was eyeing and picked & some i just increased my volumes during the crash:
1. Ans (now NEO) Said to be the next Chinese Ethereum read more about it https://www.reddit.com/r/Antshares/. Put it in a wallet and you will generate ANC (so you will have ANS & ANC)
2. Humanique A project for african banking using mobile & face technology read about it https://www.reddit.com/r/Humaniq/
3. Ripples Next big thing in banking replacing SWIFT technology, superfast already on commercial zone
4. Golem Russian technology for cloud computing storage (they hire spaced from anyone) check youtube
5. SiaCoin said to replace Amazon storage, Dropbox, with a huge community behind check here https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/
6. Ark for smart contracts replacing lawyers in the applications build on Etherium
7Finally LTC and and
8 Ethereum

it is very possible that most of coins in the Altcoins sections will not be there in the next 5 to 10 years its just a matter of reasearching alot before picking it. We are advised to buy only coins with stable technology behind it and good community, technology that is working coz most have not proved it yet i.e Humanique (the beta app is not out yet expect it in Aug), thats a pure gamble. Join several telegram groups to assist you in picking them so you dont go way off..

This is purely my picks and i might be wrong - the future will tell. Atleast i will have tried & failed if it fails.
kindly do your own research before picking any coin, some are good for short term buy and sell buy my picks are purely for over 3 years holding not daily trading.

Erokamanosmile

Sober
#555 Posted : Friday, August 04, 2017 10:54:46 AM

kenyariri wrote:
Someone shed s light on the Bitcoin trade development in Kenya. I am pretty much interested in setting my footprint there.

There is a lot happening in Kenya on the same. Just a week ago an exchange for buying and selling Bitcoin was launched in Kenya. and the amount Kenyans are trading each day is on the increase.
Tokyo
#556 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 2:40:23 PM

Bitcoin will be trading kshs400K by the end of this month. Happy trading
work to prosper
Mukiri
#557 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 10:04:36 PM

Tokyo wrote:

August 8th 9th Fork?

Ryko
#558 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:39:08 PM

This market is on steroids... everything is going to the moon. It must be among the worst times to buy anything.

My biggest regret now is why i never bought many ethereum coinns so i can use them to invest in this many ICO's. I have to buy ethereum now at @310 and two week ago it was 190. Shyt is still rising...
Felipe
#559 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 1:30:29 AM

Tokyo wrote:

To ride the growing popularity of bitcoin, one can also invest/trade in the blockchain technology behind altcoins which has a chance to be disruptive across so many different industries such as insurance, banking, equities etc.

Companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Goldman Sachs, Nasdaq, etc have started integrating blockchain technology.

Also, companies that manufactures memory chips/processors for miners e.g. AMD, Nvidia etc
TA = Price Action + Vol + S/R + Trend + Pattern.
Mukiri
#560 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:21:54 PM

Tokyo wrote:

The irony.. This was such good news, now it spells dispair smile Headed back to pick late comers. How far down can it go?