wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Agribusiness wave
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 10:20:34 AM

quicksand wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

I suggested to them that I pay the 10% deposit, they manage the greenhouse for 1 year and give vacant possession thereafter. The balance being the profit from greenhouse operations. Wakakataa

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You have made my Friday.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Applause
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
oops
#22 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 2:39:10 PM

?anyone else with more info or experience on diamond properties?
Coolbull
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:18:25 PM

A friend amezungushwa na first payment. A few Saturdays ago she told she had visited Isinya only to find nothing has been planted yet. When I asked how sure she was even that plot+green house was hers, she almost went crazy - hajapa title deed. Anyway, I will find out progress this week ad update you.

Mimi mambo ya shamba, wacha nijilimie or I become a broker at marikiti.
Chaka
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:05:10 AM

Read somewhere that if farming so profitable,then all those brokers at marigiti would have been farmers..

Coolbull wrote:

Mimi mambo ya shamba, wacha nijilimie or I become a broker at marikiti.

mugo2of3
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:21:00 PM

Lolest! wrote:
majimaji wrote:

Buyer beware. Agri business concept sounds like ponzi schemes.

The issue is, for long these real estate eighth-acre plot dealers were making chums out of selling bare land all over

So with time many others joined this business of simply buying land in bulk(tens, hundreds of acres..) and breaking it down a few months later at crazy profits.

So supply went up but demand didn't increase as such

That's why they have to find things to differentiate different land products. It could be land with a greenhouse or they plant for you trees.

These are just creative businessmen!

That bubble did burst more than some 2 years back.

My Sacco Investment Co. has been trying to sell plots in Isinya for the last one year.
These are 2.5km (rough road) off the tarmacked section of pipeline road; 1/8th plots for around 700K.
They are yet to even do 40% sales.

Hobitke wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
twesha13 wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
oops wrote:
anyone investing in the Diamond properties Bethany city managed agri business in Kajiado? are they paying on time or excuses and funny charges galore.

smile I have heard a few people still waiting for the returns on this, if you hear of anyone, do tell.

How does this work? does it work for small pieces of land like an 1/8th?

Diamond sells you a package.....

...that premise fails the first test, the common sense one. If the business is so lucrative, why would they manage it for third parties instead of going it in for themselves and drawing all the profits?
These are chaps out to sell you small pieces of semi-arid land which don't have property development appeal and greenhouses.
But as usual, some people will be suckered in.....the quail eggs thing comes to mind Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Yes, that should be the first question, its amazing how people continue getting suckered in.

..you just nailed it there.
Lolest!
#26 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 6:36:35 PM

Quote:
Land management company Diamond Properties Merchants says on Saturday it paid Ksh42 million to agribusiness investors who own managed greenhouses at its farm in Kajiado County, Kenya. The money, earned from the greenhouses’ produce in the last six months, was distributed among 168 investors.

Diamond Properties Marketing Director Edwin Khiranga said the earnings are for one season, with an eighth acre plot raking in Ksh250,000 per crop season. With two planting seasons in a year, a single plot earns Ksh500,000.

Khiranga said produce from the green houses – mainly cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes – is exported to Juba, Khartoum, South Africa and Botswana. He said agribusiness is a viable business that could accelerate economic growth and counter foot shortage in Kenya.

http://kenyanwallstreet....-sh42-million-tiny-plots
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Chaka
#27 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 7:27:39 PM

"He said agribusiness is a viable business that could accelerate economic growth and counter foot shortage in Kenya."
Foot shortage??Seems like a paid journalist..

[quote=Lolest!]
Quote:
Land management company Diamond Properties Merchants says on Saturday it paid Ksh42 million to agribusiness investors who own managed greenhouses at its farm in Kajiado County, Kenya. The money, earned from the greenhouses’ produce in the last six months, was distributed among 168 investors.

Diamond Properties Marketing Director Edwin Khiranga said the earnings are for one season, with an eighth acre plot raking in Ksh250,000 per crop season. With two planting seasons in a year, a single plot earns Ksh500,000.

Khiranga said produce from the green houses – mainly cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes – is exported to Juba, Khartoum, South Africa and Botswana. He said agribusiness is a viable business that could accelerate economic growth and counter foot shortage in Kenya.

http://kenyanwallstreet....sh42-million-tiny-plots[/quote]
Angelica _ann
#28 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 8:06:21 PM

Chaka wrote:
"He said agribusiness is a viable business that could accelerate economic growth and counter foot shortage in Kenya."
Foot shortage??Seems like a paid journalist..

[quote=Lolest!]
Quote:

http://kenyanwallstreet....sh42-million-tiny-plots[/quote]

Toothcomb, that is why i like wazua smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Eng. Kamau
#29 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 1:32:39 PM

What about E-farm housing co-operative society limited?
Precise, verified and certified details.
Mukiri
#30 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 11:47:29 PM

oops wrote:
?anyone else with more info or experience on diamond properties?

My neighbour in Kajiado. They are setting up a new site nearby. The old one has some greenhouse roofs blown away. Any activity (farming) in the greehouses is only seen in a blue moon

Proverbs 19:21
Chaka
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 03, 2017 7:57:02 PM

Some pics would have really done justice to the statement below..
Mukiri wrote:

The old one has some greenhouse roofs blown away. Any activity (farming) in the greehouses is only seen in a blue moon

oops
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 08, 2017 5:04:46 PM

Update on the diamond properties managed greenhouse project dubbed Bethany 4 which was heavily advertised on classic FM early this year. They had initially said a greenhouse plus associated management costs was going for 320k, with a guaranteed yield of 200k every 6 months. This has since changed and now they will be paying 185k after 8 months. Intact those who bought late last year and early this year will only start earning 8 months from August as they are only now getting round to installing the greenhouses.
Chaka
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 08, 2017 5:13:35 PM

So no produce has been sold thus far?What will they be planting,maize?
oops wrote:
Update on the diamond properties managed greenhouse project dubbed Bethany 4 which was heavily advertised on classic FM early this year. They had initially said a greenhouse plus associated management costs was going for 320k, with a guaranteed yield of 200k every 6 months. This has since changed and now they will be paying 185k after 8 months. Intact those who bought late last year and early this year will only start earning 8 months from August as they are only now getting round to installing the greenhouses.

kawi254
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 08, 2017 6:06:39 PM

Chaka wrote:
So no produce has been sold thus far?What will they be planting,maize?
oops wrote:

Why can't they just set up mega greenhouses like flower farms do instead of a tiny green house on 1/8 and benefit from economies of scale....now every tiny greenhouse on 1/8th needs it's own drip kit,structure, management,e.t.c.
majimaji
#35 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:54:27 PM

Chaka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

The old one has some greenhouse roofs blown away. Any activity (farming) in the greehouses is only seen in a blue moon

I passed-by these plots on the way to be shown some plots being sold by safaricom sacco. The greenhouses indeed have roofs in tatters, blown away by the relentless gusts in that maasai savanna. And oh, we came across a zebra crossing - I mean a real zebra crossing the road.
Mukiri
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:00:43 AM

majimaji wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

I passed-by these plots on the way to be shown some plots being sold by safaricom sacco. The greenhouses indeed have roofs in tatters, blown away by the relentless gusts in that maasai savanna. And oh, we came across a zebra crossing - I mean a real zebra crossing the road.

Welcome to the neighbourhood. Did you buy?

I'm surprised you came across only one. Zebras and dik diks are a common site. And very late at night hyenas.

Proverbs 19:21
Angelica _ann
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 11:57:56 PM

https://www.standardmedi...use-investment-goes-awry
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:52:42 AM

Diamond Properties - Bethany City Isinya

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore