Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

125 Pages«<4445464748>»
Uhuru versus Raila 2017
Wakanyugi
#901 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:13:15 PM

limanika wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
I guess the election is going to be much tighter than we all thought.

For this to happen someone needs to tell RAO that he has to stop playing defense. Waging war against institutions is a fools game and I bet the next poll will show this strategy has actually cost him.

RAO needs to project the credible posture of a President (of all Kenya), tell people what he will do for them new or differently from Jubilee. This constant whining and victim-hood will not do it.

He has the leadership pedigree and history to make a strong case for change; but for people to give up the 'devil they know' the alternative has to be compelling.

Totally agree. You can't bad mouth the kdf, iebc, judiciary, etc yet these are the same places you need lots of goodwill. And i a agree this particular election, more than any other, would have been walkover if he knew the right strategies, if he was honest

There you go.

Now the CJ has put a kibosh in RAO's plans to run to court yet again. He forgets that institutions are made up of Kenyans too and they are not going to destroy the country for him.

I hope he takes this as a sign to pivot away from this losing strategy. Surely he has more to offer Kenyans than a lose-lose proposition?
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
#902 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:17:22 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
limanika wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

For this to happen someone needs to tell RAO that he has to stop playing defense. Waging war against institutions is a fools game and I bet the next poll will show this strategy has actually cost him.

RAO needs to project the credible posture of a President (of all Kenya), tell people what he will do for them new or differently from Jubilee. This constant whining and victim-hood will not do it.

He has the leadership pedigree and history to make a strong case for change; but for people to give up the 'devil they know' the alternative has to be compelling.

Totally agree. You can't bad mouth the kdf, iebc, judiciary, etc yet these are the same places you need lots of goodwill. And i a agree this particular election, more than any other, would have been walkover if he knew the right strategies, if he was honest

There you go.

Now the CJ has put a kibosh in RAO's plans to run to court yet again. He forgets that institutions are made up of Kenyans too and they are not going to destroy the country for him.

I hope he takes this as a sign to pivot away from this losing strategy. Surely he has more to offer Kenyans than a lose-lose proposition?

Si it is great that the Judiciary and IEBC are not run by 'these people'. The story would be very different now if they were...

BBI will solve it
:)
Wakanyugi
#903 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:35:47 PM

2012 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
limanika wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

There you go.

Si it is great that the Judiciary and IEBC are not run by 'these people'. The story would be very different now if they were...

On the contrary I would suggest that 'these people' need to get over it and move on. Competitive politics is a wedge game and guess who is often the target of the wedge? The one with perceived power, be it political, economic or even demographic.

Does anyone remember Shikuku playing wedge politics with the Asians as target, something many of the present political generation supported and benefited from? Who still remembers Asians as the existential threat to the nation that we were told they were?

May I remind you that the most devastating wedge game ever played in Kenya was the fight for independence, led largely by 'these people'? How do you think the Bazungu felt?

I believe as the economic cake grows and benefits many more Kenyans, the value of 'these people" as a wedge will decline and then we shall look for another one.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Shak
#904 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:37:06 PM

2012 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
limanika wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

There you go.

CJ Maraga assures IEBC ballot printing will go ahead, elections must take place on Aug 8

"The CJ was categorical that the election must be held on August 8

Chief Justice David Maraga assured the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission that it will not interfere with the ballot printing process.
Maraga said the Judiciary sympathised with the tight timelines the Commission is working under and understood that so close to the election, the Judiciary cannot afford to hamper the printing of the ballot papers..."
Realtreaty
#905 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 10:05:02 PM

Sad Sad
Is Raila the "SICK MAN OF KENYA?"
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
HE HAS DRAGGED KENYA FOR SO LONG!!!!
aemathenge
#906 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 1:28:30 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
Sad Sad
Is Raila the "SICK MAN OF KENYA?"
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
HE HAS DRAGGED KENYA FOR SO LONG!!!!

Oh no he is not.

You are.

He is simply adept, adroit, and dexterous at exploiting your sickness in his own interests.

You can't condemn a man for doing that, can you?
hardwood
#907 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 9:50:32 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
2012 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
limanika wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

There you go.

On the contrary I would suggest that 'these people' need to get over it and move on. Competitive politics is a wedge game and guess who is often the target of the wedge? The one with perceived power, be it political, economic or even demographic.

Does anyone remember Shikuku playing wedge politics with the Asians as target, something many of the present political generation supported and benefited from? Who still remembers Asians as the existential threat to the nation that we were told they were?

May I remind you that the most devastating wedge game ever played in Kenya was the fight for independence, led largely by 'these people'? How do you think the Bazungu felt?

I believe as the economic cake grows and benefits many more Kenyans, the value of 'these people" as a wedge will decline and then we shall look for another one.

I thought devolution would have solved that "wedge" issue now that every kenyan in every county has his share of "meat".
Fyatu
#908 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 9:58:31 AM

Someone at Jubilee house needs to reprimand Moses Kuria and Kimunya. They need to be told to go campaign in Kipipiri and Kiambu and not anywhere else in the country, otherwise they will cost Jubilee votes
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Wakanyugi
#909 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 10:24:25 AM

hardwood wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
2012 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
limanika wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

There you go.

I thought devolution would have solved that "wedge" issue now that every kenyan in every county has his share of "meat".

The wedge issue is not likely to end, seeing as it is mostly prompted either by envy, which fuels the sense of grievance against those who 'have,' or cold political calculation. No one wins power by bringing people together - don't believe that Uhuru hype. We shall simply replace one wedge for another, as we always have.

But there is an inherited political wedge phenomenon that is generational and is likely to end with this election, or the next one at most.

The new constitution created a group of political orphans who, owing to ego or sense of entitlement, can not compete for power at any but the national level. Their noise has kept many Kenyans attention focused on a neutered Presidency as the ultimate prize, even as it is increasingly clear that if you want power and resources, with less scrutiny to boot, the job to fight for is Governor.

Some of the orphans, like Karua and PK, have seen the light and swallowed their pride. Others like Baba, Mudavadi and Kalonzo have essentially painted themselves into a political corner, mostly owing to their own pride. These fellows are at least serving as an important lesson for a new crop of aspiring leaders.

I am willing to bet that most future Presidents of Kenya (if not all) will be past Governors and the Presidency will come to be seen as a retirement perk - a reward for good work - a position with much ceremony but little substance. Then the wedge will truly be devolved.
aemathenge
#910 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 11:38:51 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
The wedge issue is not likely to end, seeing as it is mostly prompted either by envy, which fuels the sense of grievance against those who 'have,' or cold political calculation. No one wins power by bringing people together - don't believe that Uhuru hype. We shall simply replace one wedge for another, as we always have.

But there is an inherited political wedge phenomenon that is generational and is likely to end with this election, or the next one at most.

The new constitution created a group of political orphans who, owing to ego or sense of entitlement, can not compete for power at any but the national level. Their noise has kept many Kenyans attention focused on a neutered Presidency as the ultimate prize, even as it is increasingly clear that if you want power and resources, with less scrutiny to boot, the job to fight for is Governor.

Some of the orphans, like Karua and PK, have seen the light and swallowed their pride. Others like Baba, Mudavadi and Kalonzo have essentially painted themselves into a political corner, mostly owing to their own pride. These fellows are at least serving as an important lesson for a new crop of aspiring leaders.

I am willing to bet that most future Presidents of Kenya (if not all) will be past Governors and the Presidency will come to be seen as a retirement perk - a reward for good work - a position with much ceremony but little substance. Then the wedge will truly be devolved.

With the failure to develop and incorporate the LIKE Button, the management, staff, and proprietors are doing a great disservice to the Citizens of the Virtual Republic of Wazua.

Dwell on it.
alma1
#911 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 12:39:29 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

With the failure to develop and incorporate the LIKE Button, the management, staff, and proprietors are doing a great disservice to the Citizens of the Virtual Republic of Wazua.

Dwell on it.

This post should be pinned.

It is true that a lot of us have yet to understand that this constitution was created for DEVOLUTION. Nothing else.

it's also clear that the current issues at hand are between those that want the past to continue fighting against what the constitution says. Devolve.

Case in point. The current on going ruling at the appeals court. For some reason the IEBC thought that power is centralised. The court has clearly stated that power is at the polling station.

So yes, your governor matters and your MCA. More than the plesident.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

FRM2011
#912 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 2:09:41 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Someone at Jubilee house needs to reprimand Moses Kuria and Kimunya. They need to be told to go campaign in Kipipiri and Kiambu and not anywhere else in the country, otherwise they will cost Jubilee votes

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am now convinced you really care about Jubilee. We saw them and kept quiet and smiled. We still can't believe nobody at Jubilee saw the blunder.

Moses Kuria and Amos Kimunya represent exactly what other Kenyans dislike about us. Arrogance, entitlement, poor choice of words, and rubbing it in people's faces with a mta-do ?? attitude.

While at it, there is a new kikuyu song recorded at Bomas with all top musicians and comedians. From Githingithia, Wakioi to DK. The gist of it is urging the house of GEMA (not Mumbi) to come out and defend uthamaki given to us by God which NASA wants to snatch.

Bad idea if you ask me. This vote bloc is locked. We are translating the song to have English subtitles to be shared widely in the swing regions of Kisii, Kuria and Teso. Lets see how they react once they realize that GEMA was anointed by God to lead Kenya.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#913 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 4:31:36 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Dwell on it.

Can't believe you are trying to suggest that the presidency is neutered yet at the same time Jubilee is ready to do anything to retain it.

The president controls 75% of the budget, and remain's above the law. Even the DP is now a very powerful office with almost equal power to the president.

This post is just an attempt to hoodwink other people to move to the kiddy table and wait for chips while the grown ups are eating meat at the main table.

Why would RAO run for governor of some county yet he can control all of his party governors and their resources. PK and Martha are minor league-rs fighting for scraps left by UK.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Njung'e
#914 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 4:56:00 PM

Raila to Bukusus: "we will legalise chang'aa"

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

That is the most preposterous promise to voters i have heard this season. Lemme assume Tinga was high on Weta's brewsmile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
#915 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 5:15:18 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Raila to Bukusus: "we will legalise chang'aa"

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

That is the most preposterous promise to voters i have heard this season. Lemme assume Tinga was high on Weta's brewsmile

Haiya.. ati 'Joshua' will regalise cham?? Woi, kwisha sisiLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

BBI will solve it
:)
Wakanyugi
#916 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 5:24:21 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Dwell on it.

Can't believe you are trying to suggest that the presidency is neutered yet at the same time Jubilee is ready to do anything to retain it.

The president controls 75% of the budget, and remain's above the law. Even the DP is now a very powerful office with almost equal power to the president.

This post is just an attempt to hoodwink other people to move to the kiddy table and wait for chips while the grown ups are eating meat at the main table.

Why would RAO run for governor of some county yet he can control all of his party governors and their resources. PK and Martha are minor league-rs fighting for scraps left by UK.

Don't try to rewrite history my brother. The imperial Presidency went with Kibaki and if RAO is dreaming of a power even close to that of Nusu mkate, he is in for a rude shock. Which would be strange because he is the one who led the charge for a distributed power system.

How many times have you heard Uhuru complain of his hands being tied? The new constitution created an adversarial system that even a tinpot despot would view with horror. Granted there is no shortage of efforts to claw back power to the center, many of them underhand or downright illegal. This being Kenya, I would expect nothing less. But are you suggesting Rao will play the same game?

You are of course entitled to your own opinion but surely not to revisionist facts. I insist it is all about ego; to quote a certain Wazuan:

"Why would RAO run for governor of some county yet he can control all of his party governors and their resources. PK and Martha are minor league-rs fighting for scraps left by UK"

There you go. It is a pissing game
hardwood
#917 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 5:54:25 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Dwell on it.

Don't try to rewrite history my brother. The imperial Presidency went with Kibaki and if RAO is dreaming of a power even close to that of Nusu mkate, he is in for a rude shock. Which would be strange because he is the one who led the charge for a distributed power system.

How many times have you heard Uhuru complain of his hands being tied? The new constitution created an adversarial system that even a tinpot despot would view with horror. Granted there is no shortage of efforts to claw back power to the center, many of them underhand or downright illegal. This being Kenya, I would expect nothing less. But are you suggesting Rao will play the same game?

You are of course entitled to your own opinion but surely not to revisionist facts. I insist it is all about ego; to quote a certain Wazuan:

"Why would RAO run for governor of some county yet he can control all of his party governors and their resources. PK and Martha are minor league-rs fighting for scraps left by UK"

But baba was running for Homa Bay governor just the other day and he only quit the race after homabayans protested. That is how gluttonous the hyena is.
hardwood
#918 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 6:05:41 PM

Special dedication to @Frm2011. Jubilee wamenasa NASA.

#MamboYabadilika

aemathenge
#919 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 6:19:22 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:

Dwell on it.

Weeweeee Rebuttal nayo !!

Nay.

Sema Rebuttal.

Nay.

I hate it when you are this good.

Nay.

Wee Wakanyagi, I am running out of accolades. So, stop writing better than I do. I do not like being jealous.
Kusadikika
#920 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 6:40:41 PM

The presidency will always be powerful as long as Security remains a National Government function and the National Government still keeps 85% of revenue.

In about 10 years the most powerful governor will be governor of Turkana once he starts getting that oil money...... In 2027 being governor of Turkana will be better than being president.