Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

61 Pages«<3940414243>»
STOCKS TO SELL by yaserbigchair
obiero
#801 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:39:40 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
There is a sister thread called "stocks to buy".it should be activated to bring balance.

@ebenyo Any stock not on this thread should ideally be on the buy list, ama namna gani??

the problem is that our personal tests differ.for example i like carbacid because of 1.current profit margin of 51%
2.Positive cash flow currently at kshs 605,165,000
3.Equity over assets ratio of 92%
Surely how can you advise someone to sell such a stock with those dimensions.Instead its a buy and hold for me.

Are you aware that the firm was suspended just a few years ago

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#802 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:41:48 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
There is a sister thread called "stocks to buy".it should be activated to bring balance.

@ebenyo Any stock not on this thread should ideally be on the buy list, ama namna gani??

the problem is that our personal tests differ.for example i like carbacid because of 1.current profit margin of 51%
Surely how can you advise someone to sell such a stock with those dimensions.Instead its a buy and hold for me.

It was suspended for other reasons......... smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#803 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:43:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@angel that deal was suspect.. meanwhile we have Chinese fizz being brought in for the beverages.. It's not looking pretty. But to each his/her own

Ebenyo
#804 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:49:59 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

BOC wanted to buy out carbacid.The cma must have suspected some fishy dealings.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#805 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:03:28 PM

obiero wrote:
bartum wrote:
@obiero ksh 38b from where

The middle east

Liar. Most of the money is coming from long-suffering KENYAN taxpayers [& perhaps some from KLM and IFC].
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#806 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:05:13 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Liar Liar Liar Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you The shares were suspended from trading coz of the BOC offer to buy Carbacid not coz of any funny business.

Shares that should be suspended from trading include all those with NEGATIVE equity and making losses for 5 years.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#807 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:28:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Liar Liar Liar Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you The shares were suspended from trading coz of the BOC offer to buy Carbacid not coz of any funny business.

Shares that should be suspended from trading include all those with NEGATIVE equity and making losses for 5 years.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#808 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:37:34 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
bartum wrote:
@obiero ksh 38b from where

The middle east

Liar. Most of the money is coming from long-suffering KENYAN taxpayers [& perhaps some from KLM and IFC].

Hehe.. It wasn't meant to be.. But when in need of cash, any source will do. Money is money

winmak
#809 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:44:24 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Hehehe VVS can really hit (someone) below the belt...
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
sparkly
#810 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 6:04:46 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

BOC wanted to buy out carbacid.The cma must have suspected some fishy dealings.

BOC wanted to buy out Carbacid. Matiba refused to sell his 22% holding to BOC.

CMA refused to approve the takeover since it wasn't supported by 90% of the shareholding.

The wrangles led to court cases, Matiba thrown out of Carbacid Board. CMA suspended both BOC and Carbacid.

Matiba privately sold his stake to Centum.

BOC dropped the takeover bid and suspensions were lifted.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#811 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 7:10:52 AM

winmak wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Even you @vvs have negative equity.. It's really not that a big deal, plus we now look forward.. We cannot judge a 41 year old entity by 5 years only..

VituVingiSana
#812 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 11:41:27 AM

obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Even you @vvs have negative equity.. It's really not that a big deal, plus we now look forward.. We cannot judge a 41 year old entity by 5 years only..

Negative Equity = Bankrupt
The only reason KQ hasn't been liquidated is the pressure from GoK on the banks not to do so. A (local bank) banker told me that CBK hasn't forced them to write-off [100% NPLs] the loans to KQ coz of the implicit guarantee of GoK. Under CBK's prudential guidelines, loans to KQ [just as Uchumi] would have been considered "bad debts" since KQ's financial statements were qualified, huge losses for 5 years, negative equity and worsening debt:equity ratios.

Anyway, let me stick with my "boring yet profitable" KK, KenRe, DTK and I&M. Even Unga [possible loss for 2016-17] has assets > liabilities despite the drama with the drought, maize shortages and Nakumatt [bad debts].
Mkondoa Macho
#813 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 12:17:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
winmak wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Negative Equity = Bankrupt
The only reason KQ hasn't been liquidated is the pressure from GoK on the banks not to do so. A (local bank) banker told me that CBK hasn't forced them to write-off [100% NPLs] the loans to KQ coz of the implicit guarantee of GoK. Under CBK's prudential guidelines, loans to KQ [just as Uchumi] would have been considered "bad debts" since KQ's financial statements were qualified, huge losses for 5 years, negative equity and worsening debt:equity ratios.

Anyway, let me stick with my "boring yet profitable" KK, KenRe, DTK and I&M. Even Unga [possible loss for 2016-17] has assets > liabilities despite the drama with the drought, maize shortages and Nakumatt [bad debts].

Explain your rationale for i&m???
obiero
#814 Posted : Saturday, August 05, 2017 8:27:44 PM

stocks to trade with eyes wide open 05.08.17: barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, kq, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, scbk, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, unga, umeme

Spikes
#815 Posted : Sunday, August 06, 2017 8:20:53 AM

obiero wrote:
stocks to trade with eyes wide open 05.08.17: barclays, britam, cables, carbacid, cargeneral, centum, deacons, eabl, eapc, eveready, express, home afrika, hfck, i&m, kapch, keno, kenre, kurwitu, kq, mumias, nbk, nic, olympia, sameer, scbk, tpsea,transcentury, uchumi, unga, umeme

@obiero Why kenol (KK)?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#816 Posted : Sunday, August 06, 2017 10:31:34 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

@obiero Why kenol (KK)?

@spikes volatility in trades in the recent few months with large peaks and troughs. Unless one has inside knowledge, one may be left swimming naked

obiero
#817 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:56:10 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:

@obiero Why kenol (KK)?

@spikes volatility in trades in the recent few months with large peaks and troughs. Unless one has inside knowledge, one may be left swimming naked

Deacons down http://www.businessdaily...76716-ioe1esz/index.html

xxxxx
#818 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:49:27 PM

obiero wrote:

You should include ARMCEMENT in this list.

muandiwambeu
#819 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:24:24 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:

You should include ARMCEMENT in this list.

Not everything goes@xyz, Y arm?Sad Sad
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#820 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:06:09 PM

NIC bank imefika 40 per share
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle