wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

86 Pages«<3637383940>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
Ebenyo
#741 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:56:17 AM

maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
got my first t.bond interest this week for fxd2/2014/5.whats the current rate and price of this bond in the secondary market at nse?

Check above on the implied yields should be around 11.5%...Its basically a 2 year paper...

i got 12% interest during its auction in march.was thinking to add the same but maybe it will be hard for me to get it in the secondary market as you said? but i can still wait for maturity in 2019 and get another good paper.or what can your advice be?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
maka
#742 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:41:19 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
got my first t.bond interest this week for fxd2/2014/5.whats the current rate and price of this bond in the secondary market at nse?

Check above on the implied yields should be around 11.5%...Its basically a 2 year paper...

i got 12% interest during its auction in march.was thinking to add the same but maybe it will be hard for me to get it in the secondary market as you said? but i can still wait for maturity in 2019 and get another good paper.or what can your advice be?

It's hard getting the exact paper but you can source for another similar paper depending on your investment plan....
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#743 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:56:23 PM

maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

It's hard getting the exact paper but you can source for another similar paper depending on your investment plan....

Also depend on the principit amount...no need to waste time holding Kes.1M for that long.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Chaka
#744 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:09:27 PM

Where would the Kes 1M be better off?
Impunity wrote:

Also depend on the principit amount...no need to waste time holding Kes.1M for that long.

Impunity
#745 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 9:40:23 AM

Chaka wrote:
Where would the Kes 1M be better off?
Impunity wrote:

Buy sacks of maize from interior Kitale and sell at Mukuru slums.

Taurrus
#746 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:19:24 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are paying interest at four months now?
Impunity
#747 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 9:46:23 PM

@maka,please talk about this 30B 10YR Gaament bond currently on IPO.
Thanks

holycow
#748 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 12:30:08 PM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
How do i post an excel sheet huku?

Sent implied yields and yield curve for this week...to wazua@googlegroups.com

@maka, long time, could you be having the latest Bond calculation sheet.
Angelica _ann
#749 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:48:17 PM

@Maka and other elders smile can somebody open cds account with CBK online as in without physically going there?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#750 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:50:52 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
@Maka and other elders smile can somebody open cds account with CBK online as in without physically going there?

No. You have to take your docs there.
Life is short. Live passionately.
maka
#751 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 7:12:55 AM

sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Thats the part they really hv to changeSad

Noticed for diaspora investors you can send your stuff via email then post the hard copies....
Chaka
#752 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:07:40 PM

So if one was say physically challenged or blind,they would still have go there physicallySad ?
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Speculz
#753 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:18:55 PM

maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Noticed for diaspora investors you can send your stuff via email then post the hard copies....

Its cumbersome really, they should even take application of treasury bills and bonds online at least.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Angelica _ann
#754 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:09:33 PM

Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Its cumbersome really, they should even take application of treasury bills and bonds online at least.

Asanteni ...... thanks!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#755 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:38:15 PM

Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

They have been told a million times hawasikii...esp once you have a pin no...bank acc no...ID or PP no all is set...its just being stuck in the 90s.

Speculz
#756 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 5:01:07 PM

maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

They have been told a million times hawasikii...esp once you have a pin no...bank acc no...ID or PP no all is set...its just being stuck in the 90s.

Yeah,the whole thing is archaic, I cannot imagine having to start the application process afresh so that they reactivate my existing account, surely.It beats logic.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
iris
#757 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 11:42:40 AM

@Maka, since no interest rates are mentioned in the current bond (FXD 2/2017/5), what metric does one use to know whether to get in or not?
maka
#758 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 12:06:35 PM

iris wrote:
@Maka, since no interest rates are mentioned in the current bond (FXD 2/2017/5), what metric does one use to know whether to get in or not?

You check where the 5 year bond is trading at....yield curve...implied yields for Friday.
But then if its a small amount you just bid at average the difference in basis points from the cutoff is a negligible fig most times...
iris
#759 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 12:22:23 PM

maka wrote:
iris wrote:

You check where the 5 year bond is trading at....yield curve...implied yields for Friday.
But then if its a small amount you just bid at average the difference in basis points from the cutoff is a negligible fig most times...

Thanks
maka
#760 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 2:04:34 PM

iris wrote:
maka wrote:
iris wrote:

Thanks

3715 is the closest paper to the 5 year being floated it has 1849 days to maturity check its implied yield on the last image....The 12.4137% fig in Red...