wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages«<1011121314>»
Future of Safaricom - break up due to dominance!
murchr
#221 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:15:34 PM

obiero wrote:
Let us discuss pesalink.. I think it will dent the green monster

What do you do with it?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
obiero
#222 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:19:07 PM

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Flo-ology
#223 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 9:51:40 PM

obiero wrote:

Pesalink still slow in roll out / product ramp up. I haven't seen any communication from my bank on pesalink (my bank is stanbic). I think by now pesalink option should have been updated in banks mobile apps. And while at it, the banks should pull an MPESA equivalent of hakikisha-verification of receiver details before executing the transaction.
Reflection Eternal
XSK
#224 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 11:16:59 AM

obiero wrote:

KCB & SCB Wako ndani kabisa. Transfers from KCB were a bit expensive but with pesalink, its cheaper than mpesa. This will dent mpesa no matter how small
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Gatheuzi
#225 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 7:52:03 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Pesalink still slow in roll out / product ramp up. I haven't seen any communication from my bank on pesalink (my bank is stanbic). I think by now pesalink option should have been updated in banks mobile apps. And while at it, the banks should pull an MPESA equivalent of hakikisha-verification of receiver details before executing the transaction.

Stanbic communicated last week. Pesa link is available on both mobile and internet banking applications. You have to register first though. I would like to see the charges first and compare with MPESA before deciding if it is worth the trouble.

Quote:
.Dear Customer, welcome to PesaLink. It is an additional service option on our Mobile banking for bank to bank transfers. You can deregister or register at any time based on your needs. T&Cs apply. Queries 0711068888.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#226 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:25:48 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Stanbic communicated last week. Pesa link is available on both mobile and internet banking applications. You have to register first though. I would like to see the charges first and compare with MPESA before deciding if it is worth the trouble.

Quote:
.Dear Customer, welcome to PesaLink. It is an additional service option on our Mobile banking for bank to bank transfers. You can deregister or register at any time based on your needs. T&Cs apply. Queries 0711068888.

0-500 free, 500-500,000 KES 250, 500,001-999,999 KES 400

maka
#227 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:32:45 AM

obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Quote:

I bank with NIC used pesalink once it went through was sending cash to a BOA account,sending 10k was 80 bob...way cheaper as compared to sending the cash to my phone then using the BOA paybill thereafter...the next 2 attempts failed..NIC said there was something wrong with the system....hope its just teething problems,if they make it work perfectly it would be good...I personally would never use mpesa...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#228 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:54:19 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Quote:

I bank with NIC used pesalink once it went through was sending cash to a BOA account,sending 10k was 80 bob...way cheaper as compared to sending the cash to my phone then using the BOA paybill thereafter...the next 2 attempts failed..NIC said there was something wrong with the system....hope its just teething problems,if they make it work perfectly it would be good...I personally would never use mpesa...

Indeed. To make matters worse, the banks now have direct connections to utility paybills such as kplc, nwsc, dstv.. If handled well, it could be a game changer

obiero
#229 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 5:07:17 PM

Here are the latest pesalink figures http://www.businessdaily...35656-untsxxz/index.html

watesh
#230 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 5:37:12 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Quote:

This will be the best to move large amounts of money. SMEs will be biggest benefitiaries coz it makes giving and receiving large payments so much easier
Flo-ology
#231 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:05:09 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. Will visit my branch to register/update mobile banking app menu
Reflection Eternal
penkon
#232 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:07:13 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. Will visit my branch to register/update mobile banking app menu

lets wait for a cash flight triggered by social media to see its agility
kayhara
#233 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:42:10 PM

Can see pesalink claim to have 3.5m customers, but tight liped on number of transactions, or amounts moved.
Safaricom mpesa now giving transaction cost before you complete the transaction, very nice.
Does the mpesa work without a simcard for those outside the country maybe?
Seems everyone is trying to get a piece of mpesa, equitys' Dr Mwangi wants to take 50% in 5 years, while the banks combined want to dent it too, I still don't see or know how splitting safaricom will help the competition?
Hellios said they shall be repackaging or rethinking orange money and Airtel money is still struggling, so far only equitel is making progress although CA called them out lately for inflating subscribers numbers.
Finally did safaricom start getting paid for the security cameras by GoK?
To Each His Own
Ericsson
#234 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:58:49 PM

kayhara wrote:
Can see pesalink claim to have 3.5m customers, but tight liped on number of transactions, or amounts moved.
Safaricom mpesa now giving transaction cost before you complete the transaction, very nice.
Does the mpesa work without a simcard for those outside the country maybe?
Seems everyone is trying to get a piece of mpesa, equitys' Dr Mwangi wants to take 50% in 5 years, while the banks combined want to dent it too, I still don't see or know how splitting safaricom will help the competition?
Hellios said they shall be repackaging or rethinking orange money and Airtel money is still struggling, so far only equitel is making progress although CA called them out lately for inflating subscribers numbers.
Finally did safaricom start getting paid for the security cameras by GoK?

They were paid the first instalment of ksh.3.4bn
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
penkon
#235 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 10:57:51 AM

obiero wrote:

pesalink to waive all charges -free upto 999,999/-
Angelica _ann
#236 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 11:14:56 AM

penkon wrote:
obiero wrote:

Same old tired game plan ...so then how will the banks benefit smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#237 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 1:06:39 PM

penkon wrote:
obiero wrote:

unless there is a good number of small agents all over the country, everything will fail....any money system based on a bank account and ignoring the mobile phone will fail terribly....let all banks buy equitys mvno and roll a joint front
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#238 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 4:54:15 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
penkon wrote:
obiero wrote:

The end point fee

mkeiy
#239 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:42:21 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
penkon wrote:
obiero wrote:

Marketing!

They hook you up and once you get used to it & experienced the convenience, they start charging.

I use it frequently and I'm loving it!
Hardly do I queue in the banking halls.
obiero
#240 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 8:15:58 PM

mkeiy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
penkon wrote:
obiero wrote:

Marketing!

They hook you up and once you get used to it & experienced the convenience, they start charging.

I use it frequently and I'm loving it!
Hardly do I queue in the banking halls.

True..