wazua Fri, Jul 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

If 'NO' wins!
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:33:35 PM

Here's putting things into perspective.

Now 'NO' has won, we're back with the present Lancaster constitution
(not the temporary Kofi cease fire treaty). Now picture this:

1. It's 29th Dec, 2012 William has won the elections.
2. It's Jan 3rd 2013 William has won and all elected members are men
3. It's May 2013 William enacts Section 2A into the constitution
4. A parliament majority passes a bill allowing abortion, William assents
5. William Tea Zone now the new Mau...
6. It's August 22nd 2029 senile William is still President...

BBI will solve it
:)
atiriri
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:41:33 PM

I will praise the Lord
B.Timer
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:56:32 PM

Alarmist!!

Ruto suggests that immediately after a No win, the disagreable sections of the proposed constitution would be appropriately amended and presented to the nation for approval via another referundum.
Well....
Dunia ni msongamano..
Fundaah
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:03:16 PM

I sell all my investments in kenya...simple cant wait for September 2011 with the Old constitution.... NSE will fall to below 2000...due to bleak or no political future for the country ....constitution is the cornerstone of good governance
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Njung'e
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:03:37 PM

@2012,
You've just had a bad dream.Truth is, it will take a big political blunder on the part of the GREEN campaign team to lose.....Simply look at the voter figures and tell me which 5 provinces will give the RED team 25% votes.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
chikita
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:03:52 PM

Kadhis court will still be there and women will continue aborting in backstreet clinics.....
same applies if yes wins!!!
Wendz
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:17:11 PM

@2012

First and foremost, those voting NO do not necessarily support William. They vote NO because of their religion inclination and not any of the William ideologies. Actually, its William riding the church wave and not the other way round.

B.Timer wrote:

Alarmist!!

Ruto suggests that immediately after a No win, the disagreable sections of the proposed constitution would be appropriately amended and presented to the nation for approval via another constitution.
Well....

@B Timer,
That is what Ruto says. what is then wrong with passing the katiba and changing it and going back to referendum? Earlier he was saying its expensive, doesnt it boil to the same amount of money used to get the same katiba? The only thing Yes is doing is to ensure that they secure the best part of the katiba so that when hooligans come to spoil the party, they wont have a chance.... what Ruto is doing, is leaving it open for the hooligans(i mean the likes of former govtment that we had) to have a field to play on. thats the only difference. And which is better? to make the ukuta and then seal the ufa or try to ziba ufa before the ukuta is already in place? Even if we vote NO, we still wont get a perfect katiba. Did you see the issues that were raised here when discussing it? now, that is in Wazua. Imagine in the parliament where the participants have vested interests... When they had a chance, they didnt even agree on what the contentious issues are. how will Ruto guarantee that the MPs will agree this time and we have another constitution in November as he claims?
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:53:53 PM

Wendz wrote:
@2012 First and foremost, those voting NO do not necessarily support William.

@wendz, William was just a name I picked like Dick, Tom or Harry...smile

But seriously this is one of the best constitutions in the world. It will never be perfect so don't wait. Let me put it this way, between the two options, the proposed is the better devil.

BBI will solve it
:)