wazua Mon, Sep 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

125 Pages«<2829303132>»
Uhuru versus Raila 2017
kaka2za
#581 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 9:49:49 PM

You got to to give it to RAO.
The guy makes news even when he says nothing.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
washiku
#582 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 8:59:39 AM

washiku
#583 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 9:05:16 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
newfarer wrote:
harrydre wrote:
Not good. Even if baba has to be sent to bondo in August, let it be respectfully.

Uhuru preached water and drank Jonnie walker.preaching peace and unity and dividing the same Kenyans he is preaching to .see how is Facebook page is on fire.Kenyans are becoming mature.they are telling him what he did was wrong

It was a trap and Jubilee took it hook, line and sinker. This election will not be won at home. The core support bases are already locked in. No need to placate them.

It is the unexpected vote from outside that became a game-changer in 2013. Cord badly miscalculated the 2013 projections in the battlegrounds. Proved fatal.

Kisii (nyaribari chache), Migori(kuria west/east), Kitui(central), Narok.

Uthamakistanis are excited Rao was put in his place. That excitement didn't extend to Meru. And in the above voting zones, its outright revulsion at the arrogance exuded by Jubilee.

Ababu Namwamba, Ken Lusaka, Gideon Mungaro and others have given the issue a wide berth. They know why.

Our people say, "Njira ikura igiaga ime kwi na riua". Loosely translated, a footpath on the verge of disappearing will collect dew even on sunny days. Sorry, I know the translation sucks but that's how deep our languages are. English doesn't have enough linguistic resources to bring out the wisdom in our languages.

I thought kiliimbiwo? So it was a strategy failure
Bigchick
#584 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 9:11:48 AM

washiku wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
newfarer wrote:
harrydre wrote:
Not good. Even if baba has to be sent to bondo in August, let it be respectfully.

Uhuru preached water and drank Jonnie walker.preaching peace and unity and dividing the same Kenyans he is preaching to .see how is Facebook page is on fire.Kenyans are becoming mature.they are telling him what he did was wrong

It was a trap and Jubilee took it hook, line and sinker. This election will not be won at home. The core support bases are already locked in. No need to placate them.

It is the unexpected vote from outside that became a game-changer in 2013. Cord badly miscalculated the 2013 projections in the battlegrounds. Proved fatal.

Kisii (nyaribari chache), Migori(kuria west/east), Kitui(central), Narok.

Uthamakistanis are excited Rao was put in his place. That excitement didn't extend to Meru. And in the above voting zones, its outright revulsion at the arrogance exuded by Jubilee.

Ababu Namwamba, Ken Lusaka, Gideon Mungaro and others have given the issue a wide berth. They know why.

Our people say, "Njira ikura igiaga ime kwi na riua". Loosely translated, a footpath on the verge of disappearing will collect dew even on sunny days. Sorry, I know the translation sucks but that's how deep our languages are. English doesn't have enough linguistic resources to bring out the wisdom in our languages.

I thought kiliimbiwo? So it was a strategy failure

And dead voters arising in Central .......2M of them.d'oh! d'oh! .

Waiting for the final clean voters data in a weeks time.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
alma1
#585 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 9:58:08 AM

My question is "What was Raila doing in a Jubilee campaign rally?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

limanika
#586 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 9:58:49 AM

harrydre wrote:

Rao not being recognized left a bad taste in my mouth. Why? coz i dont know if it was outright pride by the dynamic duo or prior knowledge he would use the platform to campaign for himself. If it was the former, then i dont feel enthusiastic. if it was the latter they could have mentioned his name or ask him to stand and wave.

But we also know that baba only confirmed too late (on the eve) that he would be attending, hence hadn't been factored into the program and the duo didn't know what to do with him. Even him, if he has protocal officers should have used normal channels to know whether he would be given a slot--this thing of just showing up in meetings and expecting to be given a chance to speak as if it is a right is not mature either
Bigchick
#587 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 10:29:47 AM

limanika wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Rao not being recognized left a bad taste in my mouth. Why? coz i dont know if it was outright pride by the dynamic duo or prior knowledge he would use the platform to campaign for himself. If it was the former, then i dont feel enthusiastic. if it was the latter they could have mentioned his name or ask him to stand and wave.

But we also know that baba only confirmed too late (on the eve) that he would be attending, hence hadn't been factored into the program and the duo didn't know what to do with him. Even him, if he has protocal officers should have used normal channels to know whether he would be given a slot--this thing of just showing up in meetings and expecting to be given a chance to speak as if it is a right is not mature either

After reading through several comments for and against the issue I have been persuaded to associate myself with those who saw nothing wrong.

I think I belong to the vast emotional majority who read things at face value.

1.Madaraka day was addressed by Nyeri Gov,DP and PORK.So why do we think it was necessary for RAO to address the gathering?

2.RAO had in his usual element spewed matope abour the SGR and what he will do to Uhuru when he takes over,so why should we expect good treatment from Uhuru to him?

3.For the last 4 years he has been organising parallel events or rallies on such days and has never showed up despite invites,so what was he upto this time round?

4.Having a chair reserved for him was good enough and the MC acknowledged him when he arrived and the Nyerians clapped.

5.Maybe he would have been booed and heckled which would have been worse.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
limanika
#588 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 10:57:00 AM

Bigchick wrote:
limanika wrote:
harrydre wrote:

After reading through several comments for and against the issue I have been persuaded to associate myself with those who saw nothing wrong.

1.Madaraka day was addressed by Nyeri Gov,DP and PORK.So why do we think it was necessary for RAO to address the gathering?

2.RAO had in his usual element spewed matope abour the SGR and what he will do to Uhuru when he takes over,so why should we expect good treatment from Uhuru to him?

3.For the last 4 years he has been organising parallel events or rallies on such days and has never showed up despite invites,so what was he upto this time round?

4.Having a chair reserved for him was good enough and the MC acknowledged him when he arrived and the Nyerians clapped.

Going by your arguments, may they were justified to snub him. But wait a minute, love him or hate him, Rao has a fanatical voter base of 5+ million votes and making him appear irrelevant on national TV when a majority of his voters are watching is not a very intelligent way to try and win over the same voters
Bigchick
#589 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 11:20:34 AM

limanika wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
limanika wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Going by your arguments, may they were justified to snub him. But wait a minute, love him or hate him, Rao has a fanatical voter base of 5+ million votes and making him appear irrelevant on national TV when a majority of his voters are watching is not a very intelligent way to try and win over the same voters

Trust me no matter what you do for/to RAO his FANATICAL 5M plus will never change loyalty from him to any other person.Sadly they remain that 5M plus which is not enough to take him to State House.
madollar
#590 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 11:28:14 AM

kaka2za wrote:
You got to to give it to RAO.
The guy makes news even when he says nothing.

Rao aside so close to an election such an event should have been held in Nairobi or a neutral county like Narok or even a NASA stronghold like kisii even if raila was not present the anti kikuyu narrative would have dominated the headlines Back to rao he cannot sustain 60 days of campaign drama free that rolling stone narrative by mutahi ngunyi best describes him.
limanika
#591 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 11:49:19 AM

Bigchick wrote:
limanika wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
limanika wrote:
harrydre wrote:

Trust me no matter what you do for/to RAO his FANATICAL 5M plus will never change loyalty from him to any other person.Sadly they remain that 5M plus which is not enough to take him to State House.

That's 'my way or the highway' mentality which wont help us build the new kenya. in '13, uhuruto escaped runoff courtesy of only 8k votes. who knows where these votes came from? all i know is they got more than 8k votes in cord strongholds say nyanza. So in statistical dead heat, every vote counts. I can tell you for free--uhuruto got their way yesterday. But Rao got away with sympathy...votes
Baratang
#592 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 12:22:02 PM

limanika wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
limanika wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
limanika wrote:
harrydre wrote:

That's 'my way or the highway' mentality which wont help us build the new kenya. in '13, uhuruto escaped runoff courtesy of only 8k votes. who knows where these votes came from? all i know is they got more than 8k votes in cord strongholds say nyanza. So in statistical dead heat, every vote counts. I can tell you for free--uhuruto got their way yesterday. But Rao got away with sympathy...votes

Too much uncalled for hullabaloos about Raila not being given a chance to make a speech.
I bet he was invited to listen, eat drink and not to address the crowd.
We should actually stop discussing the issue as if we are the ones that drew the madaraka day celebrations program with Raila as one of the guest speakers, but was replaced with another one with Raila's name missing!!!
ABK Kenyans!!!!
Lolest!
#593 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 1:05:53 PM

Hii Issue ya Raila is a non-issue

Let's remember this was Madaraka day celebrations! Not a burial or prayer breakfast or official opening of the Kabiruini stadium or suchlike

During National days: Madaraka/Jamhuri/Mashujaa, opposition leaders are never acknowledged. I don't remember from the Moi days to Kefake to Uhunye the opposition being given a chance to speak

My issue with the meetng is that it was turned into a Jubilee/Wamathai rally and some part of it was in Kikuyu!

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Mosby
#594 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 1:06:56 PM

ecstacy wrote:
Wait, did anyone actually listen to content of the President's speech which was the main business of the day? Voters can at times act as goats but not all the time. Uhuru did well.

I heard Uhuru slip in "45 million strong" in his speech.... good move..
wazuaguest
#595 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 1:12:35 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Let's remember this was Madaraka day celebrations! Not a burial or prayer breakfast or official opening of the Kabiruini stadium or suchlike

During National days: Madaraka/Jamhuri/Mashujaa, opposition leaders are never acknowledged. I don't remember from the Moi days to Kefake to Uhunye the opposition being given a chance to speak

My issue with the meetng is that it was turned into a Jubilee/Wamathai rally and some part of it was in Kikuyu!

Wamathai Spoke in Kikuyu,did i hear somebody say the guy was an Ambasador?If this are the kind of guys representing us in other countries we are doomed.Guys who dont understand protocal.Even Wangunjiri the kameme presenter kept speaking in Kikuyu.
Africa belongs to Africans.
hardwood
#596 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 1:37:43 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Very true. During national holiday celebrations the opposition never addresses such gatherings. It's purely a gov't affair.

Also there's nothing wrong with Homa Bay governor speaking to his people in dholuo.
kaka2za
#597 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 2:34:19 PM

hardwood wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Very true. During national holiday celebrations the opposition never addresses such gatherings. It's purely a gov't affair.

Also there's nothing wrong with Homa Bay governor speaking to his people in dholuo.

At least his presence stopped them(especially the DP) from saying some nasty things about opposition.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Realtreaty
#598 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 3:36:37 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
...and the tribal prophets came from the land of stones after Joshua touched one and exclaimed..."thou shall lead us says the LOP"

This is the time of false Luo prophets who want Raila to build them a church before boarding Bondo express.

http://www.hivisasa.com/posts/5...a-4904-b6e5-769eb1e72196
Angelica _ann
#599 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 4:23:39 PM

Kuria will overwhelming vote for Jubilee, take that to mshwari savings smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
wazuaguest
#600 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 4:43:44 PM

The current set up doesnt have a leader of opposition so i dont see why all the hullabaloo.

Some time back the Cord brigade got invited to a public holiday celebration and they started inviting each other wasalimie wananchi...Raila>Kalonzo>Wetangula...If i was the President i wouldn't allow divergent views too,even the DP is allowed only a few seconds.
Africa belongs to Africans.