wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

32 Pages«<1920212223>»
Kenya Power - what's the latest?
Angelica _ann
#401 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:16:51 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
KPLC lied to prez re: last mile says Standard. CEO is Tarus.
KPC drama in 1.2bn SCADA project. Former CEO Tanui. Current CEO Sang.

I continue to stay far away from from GoK owned, controlled or heavily influenced firms.
My sole exception is KenRe but I watch it carefully. Any sign of funny business and I cut and run.
Safaricom, despite GoK Treasury's 25%, is controlled by Vodafone (40%). That has saved the firm from being a cash cow for connected folks.

Thieves, Thieves, Thieves ............ glad i bailed out
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Cde Monomotapa
#402 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:06:37 PM

Nyinyi ni wale wazuri. We celebrate you, at VVS keep paying cash!!

Kenya Power bank is officially commissioned ☺ https://www.esi-africa.c...npaid-electricity-bills/
maka
#403 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:07:23 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I continue to stay far away from from GoK owned, controlled or heavily influenced firms.
My sole exception is KenRe but I watch it carefully. Any sign of funny business and I cut and run.
Safaricom, despite GoK Treasury's 25%, is controlled by Vodafone (40%). That has saved the firm from being a cash cow for connected folks.

https://www.standardmedi...mile-connection-figures

Then you say Jubilee is not the shitiest govt we have ever had...Na bado...
possunt quia posse videntur
muandiwambeu
#404 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:21:46 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I did call this a peny stock on fundamentals. Those who are looking to what was is and is to come should know the pay cheque is booked by allien bound for mars. Kplc will in less than three years declare unsurmountable shocks rivalling kqs 2014 or 2015. Do figure or Wait and see how shxt do hit the fan.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
watesh
#405 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 4:54:14 PM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

https://www.standardmedi...mile-connection-figures

Then you say Jubilee is not the shitiest govt we have ever had...Na bado...

I wont be shocked if they have inflated majority of the costs of the equipment then siphoned out the difference.
maka
#406 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 6:35:11 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I did call this a peny stock on fundamentals. Those who are looking to what was is and is to come should know the pay cheque is booked by allien bound for mars. Kplc will in less than three years declare unsurmountable shocks rivalling kqs 2014 or 2015. Do figure or Wait and see how shxt do hit the fan.

Reminded me of this story...

Kenya Power has taken loans worth Sh105 billion, as it accumulates debt to fund its large infrastructure projects. A breakdown of the loans in its 2016 financial statements shows that the company has been most aggressive in accumulating credit in the last three years, doubling its debt from the Sh53 billion it had at the end of June 2014. The loan uptake has seen interest rates emerge as one of the main risks for the company to watch out for...

https://www.standardmedi...-funds-for-mega-projects
possunt quia posse videntur
Cde Monomotapa
#407 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 6:55:13 PM

R.E.F.I.N.I.N.A.N.C.I.N.G REFI: US$500mn loan for Kenya power http://www.gtreview.com/...n-loan-for-kenya-power/

@maka open a matress account so you won't have to buy this GoK bonds. Yuk!
Chaka
#408 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 7:27:32 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
R.E.F.I.N.I.N.A.N.C.I.N.G REFI: US$500mn loan for Kenya power http://www.gtreview.com/...n-loan-for-kenya-power/

Isn't this sort of news significant,ie similar to a profit warning such that shareholders shud be informed?
Gatheuzi
#409 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:22:06 AM

Chaka wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:

Isn't this sort of news significant,ie similar to a profit warning such that shareholders shud be informed?

That was in June 2016, though the spirit of the article lives on.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
mlennyma
#410 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:55:03 PM

I expect this share to charge past kengen if the current nse recovery continues. ...buy...it's within the best price range you can get and among the easiest counters to double ......when the tide comes all garbage is lifted
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Spikes
#411 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:08:06 PM

mlennyma wrote:
I expect this share to charge past kengen if the current nse recovery continues. ...buy...it's within the best price range you can get and among the easiest counters to double ......when the tide comes all garbage is lifted

Absolutely!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
target1360
#412 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:56:39 PM

105 billion debt and Gava control isnot appealing to me.only reason one would buy this is for empire building and ego massage
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
Ebenyo
#413 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:17:31 PM

target1360 wrote:
105 billion debt and Gava control isnot appealing to me.only reason one would buy this is for empire building and ego massage

With the options available in NSE,a serious investor should have one between kengen and kplc.Same in other industries i.e kcb vs equity,total vs kenol,bamburi vs Arm vs eapl.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#414 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 12:18:53 PM

target1360 wrote:

this theories of fear have denied people easy gains,someone is holding kplc bought at 18bob and here Iam only advising an exit of 12-14...is the debt apportioned to you when you make gains and exit?
moneydust
#415 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 2:23:51 PM

mlennyma wrote:
target1360 wrote:

this theories of fear have denied people easy gains,someone is holding kplc bought at 18bob and here Iam only advising an exit of 12-14...is the debt apportioned to you when you make gains and exit?

That's very true..too much of fear makes one a poor investor.I have staked my everything on this share.
How can you be wrong with a monopoly,dealing in a precious commodity and beneficiary of govt grants.
At this rock bottom prices really, where is the risk?
target1360
#416 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 5:13:05 PM

moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
target1360 wrote:

That's very true..too much of fear makes one a poor investor.I have staked my everything on this share.
How can you be wrong with a monopoly,dealing in a precious commodity and beneficiary of govt grants.
At this rock bottom prices really, where is the risk?

Lets say the debt and government appointed management makes kplc an investment that is beyond my circle of competence.

Good luck.
heri
#417 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 10:46:29 AM

mlennyma wrote:
target1360 wrote:

You do not think KPLC could starting making losses in view of increasing finance costs and declining sales
mlennyma
#418 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 2:11:35 PM

heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
target1360 wrote:

You do not think KPLC could starting making losses in view of increasing finance costs and declining sales

as long as it's the only company kenya has,no problem
target1360
#419 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 10:02:54 PM

does kplc realy have absolute pricing power like a real monopoly?
i don expect kplc to ever make super normal profits in the fore seeable future.
The earning and dividends are tiny.
The management is below par due to political influence
high investment costs for ppe.
cleary kplc is simply beyond me
heri
#420 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:14:52 AM