wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Dr. Rev. Timothy Njoya - Much respect.
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:10:38 PM

The only man who has remained constant after the 2nd liberation.

Dr. Timothy Njoya

BBI will solve it
:)
tycho
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:59:00 PM

What do you mean by 'constant' and '2nd liberation'? For example, how many liberations can a people face/experience?
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:09:32 PM

tycho wrote:
What do you mean by 'constant' and '2nd liberation'? For example, how many liberations can a people face/experience?

Do you know of the term 'second liberation' as relates to Kenyan politics?

BBI will solve it
tycho
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:50:14 PM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:

Do you know of the term 'second liberation' as relates to Kenyan politics?

I'm aware of the usage of the terms. But I can't claim to know what they mean, especially given that usage of terms doesn't necessarily imply a correspondence in reality.

For me, such terms only deserve scrutiny and interrogation.
tycho
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:10:35 PM

Kenya has never experienced any liberation since its inception, only transformations have taken place.
Baratang
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:52:41 PM

tycho wrote:
Kenya has never experienced any liberation since its inception, only transformations have taken place.

Absolutely!!!The liberation that we have been made to understand is for the politicians to be freed from the meat residue eating in the kitchen sinks into the meat eating in a round table in the dining. The medium of the change process is you tycho and me.
Again, what am I always being liberated from? I have no idea!!
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:13:55 PM

tycho wrote:

The liberation Kenyans need is of the mind. As Njoya said, the law courts are the best campaigning vehicles. We are drawn to voting in criminals and people with no moral integrity.

BBI will solve it
tycho
#8 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 1:38:42 AM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:

The liberation Kenyans need is of the mind. As Njoya said, the law courts are the best campaigning vehicles. We are drawn to voting in criminals and people with no moral integrity.

I protest against the use of clichés in political discourse. Such language appears to rob us of responsibility. For example, are we speaking of a 'collective mind' that Kenyans have an external and independent access to?

Again, how can courts of law be campaign platforms?

What about 'the promise of politics' as in the ancient tradition exemplified by Socrates for example; where the social and public sphere excluded labor- the animal part of nature- and included 'work' and 'action'?

For me, liberation is a going beyond the animal instinct and rediscovery of humanity through joint action and thought. Liberation is found in the 'agora' and its contemporary equals.

The courts of law in such circumstances would appear to degrade or regress into pre-liberty conditions...
tycho
#9 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 1:44:47 AM

Baratang wrote:
tycho wrote:

Absolutely!!!The liberation that we have been made to understand is for the politicians to be freed from the meat residue eating in the kitchen sinks into the meat eating in a round table in the dining. The medium of the change process is you tycho and me.
Again, what am I always being liberated from? I have no idea!!

Calls for the second, and now the third- and assumably the final liberation- are lies, and actually attempts at degrading our political relations and space.

Now we have political discourse focused on the distribution of 'bread' and 'circuses' as the main agendas... is this liberation?

Is agitation for plurality, or self rule along racial lines, or tribal and ethnic affiliation liberty?