Horton
#21 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 5:19:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
nzalela wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Another reason why I never read "research" reports. These results are quite contrary to what kestrel had said a few days ago.

Before you dismiss what Kestrel has written... pls try to answer these questions.
1) What are Statutory Loan Reserves?
2) Compare SLRs for KCB vs Equity vs BBK vs StanChart
3) Compare KCB's Core Capital for FY 2016 vs 1Q 2017
4) What's Net NPL exposure? Compare KCB vs peers

Was waiting for someone to mention those issues. Those results seem massaged by loan loss provisions and shifting of customer deposit accounts. The 15% drop in interest income before loan loss provisions is the flag right there.

Dear VVS. Most of us spend days, weeks and even months doing our research. We do this homework for ourselves, so Im not going to post the details u require which can be found through a brief search.

Also understand that KCB had lots of corporate accounts which earn the highest interest and also used to pay the lowest interest for loans....pre rate cap. As u can see interest expense has fallen comensurate to that. LLP would naturally fall in the post cap as the quality is improving. I suggest you go and check out NIC and CFCs results too

@Horton
VVS hates KCB and will look for something negative about it whether it's there or not.

Orite. However, VVS says he is a value investor. What I suggest is to wachana na emotions when investing.
obiero
#22 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 5:50:48 PM

Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Horton wrote:
nzalela wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Another reason why I never read "research" reports. These results are quite contrary to what kestrel had said a few days ago.

Before you dismiss what Kestrel has written... pls try to answer these questions.

Was waiting for someone to mention those issues. Those results seem massaged by loan loss provisions and shifting of customer deposit accounts. The 15% drop in interest income before loan loss provisions is the flag right there.

Dear VVS. Most of us spend days, weeks and even months doing our research. We do this homework for ourselves, so Im not going to post the details u require which can be found through a brief search.

Also understand that KCB had lots of corporate accounts which earn the highest interest and also used to pay the lowest interest for loans....pre rate cap. As u can see interest expense has fallen comensurate to that. LLP would naturally fall in the post cap as the quality is improving. I suggest you go and check out NIC and CFCs results too

@Horton
VVS hates KCB and will look for something negative about it whether it's there or not.

Orite. However, VVS says he is a value investor. What I suggest is to wachana na emotions when investing.

vvs will lead you to stagnant shares.. I suggest that you research widely for the near term stock picks especially if you are young. the kind of shares he loves are meant for old people nearing retirement..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:53:48 PM

Kcb appreciation year to date is 33.9%
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:06:51 PM

Ericsson wrote:

@vvs needs to apologise to @wazua family for the KCB mis-analysis

Horton
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:16:58 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

🤣

ARAP CHARLES
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:24:04 PM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

🤣

for sure the simba has woken up and its shaking his mane...
Watch and Listen and Live
ARAP CHARLES
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:29:16 PM

guru267 wrote:
Looks like 40bob is around the corner. Applause Applause

Tomorrow it is!!
ARAP CHARLES
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:14:33 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Tomorrow it is!!

KSH. 40.00 FINALLY tested.
bartum
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:18:10 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Tomorrow it is!!

But that supply of 500k need to get wiped
ARAP CHARLES
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:33:30 PM

bartum wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Tomorrow it is!!

But that supply of 500k need to get wiped

There is an overlooking demand just below it of over 900,000 shares..
VituVingiSana
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:54:06 AM

Horton wrote:
nzalela wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

KCB is a SIFI and TBTF bank but something isn't right. Anyway, let's look at the results for 1Q 2018 onwards when IFRS 9 comes into play. I expect some restatements.

I would rather miss out on some of the "gains" through speculation since I prefer sleeping at night.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:18:25 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
nzalela wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

KCB is a SIFI and TBTF bank but something isn't right. Anyway, let's look at the results for 1Q 2018 onwards when IFRS 9 comes into play. I expect some restatements.

I would rather miss out on some of the "gains" through speculation since I prefer sleeping at night.

@vvs.. I had missed you. Welcome back

VituVingiSana
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:36:47 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
nzalela wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

@vvs.. I had missed you. Welcome back

Fully invested. DTBK recently added. Equity being increased in the portfolio. Picking up more KK.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett