Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

37 Pages«<7891011>»
Nakumatt: Another ailing Kenyan company
murchr
#161 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 1:27:55 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
murchr wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Ok,so amazing arrangement=amazing sales?

Pesa Nane wrote:
Chaka wrote:
How is Uchumi faring?Have not been to any branch in a while?

Maybe not amazing sales, but that sure is some amazing confidence from suppliers. Seems like Uchumi is finally paying bills.

Really? Many suppliers wrote off receivables from Uchumi as a loss in December last year. You really think they would go back and supply after that?

Fiction.

That pic doesnt look like fiction to me
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
watesh
#162 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 7:25:18 PM

Kausha wrote:
Nakumatt banks at Standard Chartered principally

Plus KCB....Most POS are usually linked to KCB account
Ericsson
#163 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 4:52:45 PM

Nakumatt to close more branches in an operation targeting poorly performing units in Uganda and Kenya, says no staff will lose job.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
#164 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 5:10:25 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Nakumatt to close more branches in an operation targeting poorly performing units in Uganda and Kenya, says no staff will lose job.

I think all the Juice manufactures pulled out of Nakumatt too...

BBI will solve it
:)
obiero
#165 Posted : Monday, May 08, 2017 6:53:38 PM

Ericsson wrote:

How will no staff loose their job

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Surething
#166 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 1:24:45 PM

I long tired of going to Nakumatt & missing my favourite brands,then having to go to another supermarket to finish my shopping.These days I go to Chandarana Food plus ABC place. Though small, it is what Nakumatt used to be. Very well stocked with local and imported brands.Going by the number and diversity of customers,I believe they're reaping from Nakumatt's misfortunes. I also hear good things about Carrefore, though like Chandarana their locations are limited.
Iganamagana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Lolest
The suppliers have found better paying customers i.e who will pay earlier than 90 days.
The next demise to Nakumatt will be when shoppers start shunning its branches and go to alternatives

Happening.

kayhara
#167 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 4:41:58 PM

Surething wrote:
I long tired of going to Nakumatt & missing my favourite brands,then having to go to another supermarket to finish my shopping.These days I go to Chandarana Food plus ABC place. Though small, it is what Nakumatt used to be. Very well stocked with local and imported brands.Going by the number and diversity of customers,I believe they're reaping from Nakumatt's misfortunes. I also hear good things about Carrefore, though like Chandarana their locations are limited.
Iganamagana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Lolest
The suppliers have found better paying customers i.e who will pay earlier than 90 days.
The next demise to Nakumatt will be when shoppers start shunning its branches and go to alternatives

Happening.

Lately I don't even bother going into Nakumatt, I just head to Naivas when in Mombasa or Quickmart when in Kiambu, must say with the long queues and full parking of late in these two places the Nakumatt fail is a win for others, suppliers on the other hand have been told to wait longer as Nakumatt, those who can't wait have been told that Nakumatt can only pay if compelled by court order.
To Each His Own
maka
#168 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:09:08 PM

kayhara wrote:
Surething wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Lolest

Happening.

Lately I don't even bother going into Nakumatt, I just head to Naivas when in Mombasa or Quickmart when in Kiambu, must say with the long queues and full parking of late in these two places the Nakumatt fail is a win for others, suppliers on the other hand have been told to wait longer as Nakumatt, those who can't wait have been told that Nakumatt can only pay if compelled by court order.

Missed my whitecap at Galleria and Embakasi over the weekend...smh
possunt quia posse videntur
Euge
#169 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:23:15 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
When is the announcement?

Nakumatt Embakassi is moving yo the new mall afew meters away from current location.Maybe the reason.....

The current location is awful
Lord, thank you!
Euge
#170 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:37:11 PM

uchumi wrote:
At least they have really improved compared to last year.stock levels have really improved

@Uchumi unajitetea ama?
Anyway its high time I visited Uchumi
Lord, thank you!
maka
#171 Posted : Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:56:50 PM

Euge wrote:
uchumi wrote:
At least they have really improved compared to last year.stock levels have really improved

@Uchumi unajitetea ama?
Anyway its high time I visited Uchumi

Will it survive?
Mseto binti
#172 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:40:45 PM

😩😩😩😩😩.... so does this create space C4 or Game to take over where nkmt was?πŸ˜™πŸ˜©πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
I found meaningful workπŸ€“
Lolest!
#173 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:53:55 PM

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Gatheuzi
#174 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:56:07 AM

Nakumatt yet to pay May salaries, citing a delay in restructuring deal.

link
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
KulaRaha
#175 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:21:32 AM

Most of their landlords haven't been paid rent for 6 months...word is they are getting together to take action.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
obiero
#176 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:30:46 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Most of their landlords haven't been paid rent for 6 months...word is they are getting together to take action.

This government has presided over the largest economic sabotage in African history.. Over 15,000 jobs lost with countless industries crippled. It's sad really

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#177 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:01:52 AM

obiero wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

This government has presided over the largest economic sabotage in African history.. Over 15,000 jobs lost with countless industries crippled. It's sad really

Sad...Sad
KulaRaha
#178 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:44:13 AM

obiero wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Nakumatt isn't the government's fault...its the shareholders' at play. Misplaced.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Ericsson
#179 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:51:25 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
obiero wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Nakumatt isn't the government's fault...its the shareholders' at play. Misplaced.

Achana na Obiero
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#180 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:52:34 AM

Ericsson wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
obiero wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Achana na Obiero

Pure mismanagement & capital flight Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen