sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
already scaling down, come results announcements in 2014, I shall be ought of KENYAN financials 100%

Post #35. Sunday Dec 22, 2013
kwa wale wanatumia gazeti kufunga nyama.. in 2012 we discussed how the big five have underprovisioned over KES 20.8B in NPLs.. www.businessdailyafrica....4/-/bhv02oz/-/index.html

1. Then you put the money in KQ;

2. What is the meaning of 100% since your signature says you still have Co-op and HF

@sparkly the KCB sale alone delivered over half a million shillings while my KQ portfolio has never averaged that sum of cash.. So it cannot be that I put that cash in KQ. I used bulk of the gains to start my 3rd property development.. As for my signature, my comments were availed in 2013, so I revisited 2 counters which I believe still hold vibrant promise. HF shall be the last bank to collapse since its asset book comprises collateral of grade A quality whose NPL status is below 6% of total loan book.. No other bank comes remotely close.. Cooperative Bank supported by the SACCO movement shall be second last

Things that are obvious to the eye do not need explanation BUT I will take your explanations anyway

Asante elder

There goes HF group. Solid as a rock

Agree but wonder why you are stocking KQ and ignoring the pretty lady in the room.

The rise on KQ shall be outsized.. When take off come, I will be rich

Good you can wait for 2025...

KQ has not yet bottomed out completely. Now that we are @4 bob, just half way down to the price of my dreams, 2bob. I should start gracing the day I was born before I join @Obiero in the upcoming rocket takeoff to between 10-15 kes per share.

Even 2bob is too high a price to pay for stock of a company with negative equity and no assurance of recovery in 10 years. Wise investors buy debt, more so convertible debt in such companies.

The first quarter of 2017 shall belong to KQ.. KES 2 never printed, instead we saw a high of KES 7.70.. By end of March 2017, I forecast KES 10

We were 30 cents away to sub 3bob. The fact that 3.3kes saw the day of complete bottom out 2bob nearly printed. My predictions were accurate and savvy investors took heed now smiling all the way to the bank.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
maka
#82 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:40:18 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
already scaling down, come results announcements in 2014, I shall be ought of KENYAN financials 100%

kwa wale wanatumia gazeti kufunga nyama.. in 2012 we discussed how the big five have underprovisioned over KES 20.8B in NPLs.. www.businessdailyafrica....4/-/bhv02oz/-/index.html

2. What is the meaning of 100% since your signature says you still have Co-op and HF

@sparkly the KCB sale alone delivered over half a million shillings while my KQ portfolio has never averaged that sum of cash.. So it cannot be that I put that cash in KQ. I used bulk of the gains to start my 3rd property development.. As for my signature, my comments were availed in 2013, so I revisited 2 counters which I believe still hold vibrant promise. HF shall be the last bank to collapse since its asset book comprises collateral of grade A quality whose NPL status is below 6% of total loan book.. No other bank comes remotely close.. Cooperative Bank supported by the SACCO movement shall be second last

Things that are obvious to the eye do not need explanation BUT I will take your explanations anyway

Asante elder

Agree but wonder why you are stocking KQ and ignoring the pretty lady in the room.

KQ has not yet bottomed out completely. Now that we are @4 bob, just half way down to the price of my dreams, 2bob. I should start gracing the day I was born before I join @Obiero in the upcoming rocket takeoff to between 10-15 kes per share.

Even 2bob is too high a price to pay for stock of a company with negative equity and no assurance of recovery in 10 years. Wise investors buy debt, more so convertible debt in such companies.

The first quarter of 2017 shall belong to KQ.. KES 2 never printed, instead we saw a high of KES 7.70.. By end of March 2017, I forecast KES 10

We were 30 cents away to sub 3bob. The fact that 3.3kes saw the day of complete bottom out 2bob nearly printed. My predictions were accurate and savvy investors took heed now smiling all the way to the bank.

KQ has a loooooonnnnngggg way to go to resemble anything profitable...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#83 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:44:47 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

Yes. You are a real prophet for saying KQ will get to 2bob. Everyone here remembers clearly that it did touch 2bob.. We lift you up and wish you continued accurate forecasts

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#84 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:48:09 AM

maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

From today Mikosz has authorised vuta pumz for all KQ staff.. Interesting man. Meanwhile if KQ can rally this hard on a known loss position of over 3B for full year, what will happen on that sweet day when it turns to black. In stocks hunting just as in any hunt, you never chase the big and strong, tackle the weak but juicy ones

Flo-ology
#85 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 11:17:04 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

From today Mikosz has authorised vuta pumz for all KQ staff.. Interesting man. Meanwhile if KQ can rally this hard on a known loss position of over 3B for full year, what will happen on that sweet day when it turns to black. In stocks hunting just as in any hunt, you never chase the big and strong, tackle the weak but juicy ones

Obiero, what is Vuta pumzi?
Reflection Eternal
actuarywahisa
#86 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 12:03:33 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

@Obiero... stocks are valued on hopes and results many times one more than the other.

KQ has been rising lately based on hopes despite being deeply in loses as the measuring stick is hope, when it turns to profitability, the measuring stick will be results based. In the end, even the most hopeful of stock buyers will need to see strong results at that point to continue supporting the price, otherwise it will adjust downwards.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
Angelica _ann
#87 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 12:23:21 PM

Flo-ology wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

Obiero, what is Vuta pumzi?

NTSA ya workers ...... aka employees blow an alcoblow type of gadget (mostly when they report to work) to measure their level of changaaaaaa. @Maka, pole smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#88 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:05:41 PM

With the recent rally in financials.. Time is here to get out on short positions.. With the contracting Kenyan economy, you can be sure banks will take the first hit. Only hold such stocks if going long i.e 2 years or more

Spikes
#89 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 3:53:51 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

March,April and May....three months down the line even a revisit of kes 7.7/- has proven futile. How accurate are your predictions ?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#90 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 5:39:15 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:

Asante elder

March,April and May....three months down the line even a revisit of kes 7.7/- has proven futile. How accurate are your predictions ?

Not all predictions come to pass in the allocated time frame, especially when some people with negative energy keep interfering with the rally. KES 10 will print

obiero
#91 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 7:03:49 PM

3 out of 5 biggest loosers today at the NSE were financials.. Trade at own peril

obiero
#92 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:10:39 AM

An article worth reading http://www.businessdaily...962376-9fqx98/index.html

obiero
#93 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 10:54:55 AM

@Wazua Republic.. This will not end well http://www.businessdaily...993596-jvq3rx/index.html

obiero
#94 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 8:56:54 PM

[quote=obiero]@Wazua Republic.. This will not end well http://www.businessdaily...93596-jvq3rx/index.html[/quote]
Watching from outside

Ebenyo
#95 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:05:47 PM

young wrote:
If you do not take long positions in a stock that is you only speculate, then this thread is not for you.

For long term investors especially in sub saharan African markets, has it ever crossed your mind that your choices of most of your stocks are skewed towards the Finance sector ?

The reasons are obvious :=

They are the most profitable sectors
They are the most liquid sectors.

But be awasre that your greatest risk is in this sector because :-
Your exposure to risk is far more than other sector namely :-
1 High risk Of non performing loans
2 Wrong disclosure of balance sheet entries, auditors are only exposed to what the banks want them to see

3 The spiral effect on other banks because of interbank setlement which if consistently defaulted by a few distressed banks can affect the books of other banks.

The insurance firms are not spared either as they invest heavily on bank stocks.

What ever the returns my take is that you should not expose your porfolio more than 40% of your holdings on finance sector as a leverage.

The industrials seem to be more stable and consistent during turbulence, but their returns may not be as salutable as banking counters.

If majority of your counters is in banking or finance stocks my candid advise is that you need to rethink and re-balance your porfolio.
The banking sector is an ill wind that has already blown in US, Europe. In Africa, Nigeria investors learnt the hard lesson, for those whose portfolio were over exposed to banking stocks, it can happen to any other market.

I know of some investors that do not invest in Banking stocks at all due to obvious reasons above.
Even in Banking you have to split your portfolio between the agressive banks and the value banks.

Your aggressive bank I can pin point are:-
(i) KCB
(ii) Equity
(iii)COOP
(iv) HFC
(V)NIC
(Vi) DTB etc

For the consevative banks I can pin point

(i) Stan Chart
(ii) Barclays

During bullish run aggressive banks take the lead, but during bear run, the conservative banks are more reliable.
I suggest out of your 40% allocation to finance sector, give 40% of it to agressive bankS, 50% to conservatives and 10% to the insurence compnies. With this you will have 60$ of your portfolio spread ON the industrial and other sectors.
Simply put it is not very balanced or not so ideal to be too exposed to financial sector no matter how attractive it is as on the longer term you may tend to loose more.

So check your portfolio and see how exposed you are to the finacial sector ?. Is it not worthwhile to re-balance your portfolio ? The decision is yours.

Happy investing

its high time i should take this advice seriously.Its easy to choose between Equity,kcb and Co-op depending on one investment tastes.
The non agressive might come from Barclays,hfck,standard chartered and nic.By the time you settle on one,you will have scratched your head heavily.
Then insurance might include one from Britam,Cic and kenyare.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#96 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 6:31:33 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
young wrote:
If you do not take long positions in a stock that is you only speculate, then this thread is not for you.

For long term investors especially in sub saharan African markets, has it ever crossed your mind that your choices of most of your stocks are skewed towards the Finance sector ?

The reasons are obvious :=

They are the most profitable sectors
They are the most liquid sectors.

But be awasre that your greatest risk is in this sector because :-
Your exposure to risk is far more than other sector namely :-
1 High risk Of non performing loans
2 Wrong disclosure of balance sheet entries, auditors are only exposed to what the banks want them to see

3 The spiral effect on other banks because of interbank setlement which if consistently defaulted by a few distressed banks can affect the books of other banks.

The insurance firms are not spared either as they invest heavily on bank stocks.

What ever the returns my take is that you should not expose your porfolio more than 40% of your holdings on finance sector as a leverage.

The industrials seem to be more stable and consistent during turbulence, but their returns may not be as salutable as banking counters.

If majority of your counters is in banking or finance stocks my candid advise is that you need to rethink and re-balance your porfolio.
The banking sector is an ill wind that has already blown in US, Europe. In Africa, Nigeria investors learnt the hard lesson, for those whose portfolio were over exposed to banking stocks, it can happen to any other market.

I know of some investors that do not invest in Banking stocks at all due to obvious reasons above.
Even in Banking you have to split your portfolio between the agressive banks and the value banks.

Your aggressive bank I can pin point are:-
(i) KCB
(ii) Equity
(iii)COOP
(iv) HFC
(V)NIC
(Vi) DTB etc

For the consevative banks I can pin point

(i) Stan Chart
(ii) Barclays

During bullish run aggressive banks take the lead, but during bear run, the conservative banks are more reliable.
I suggest out of your 40% allocation to finance sector, give 40% of it to agressive bankS, 50% to conservatives and 10% to the insurence compnies. With this you will have 60$ of your portfolio spread ON the industrial and other sectors.
Simply put it is not very balanced or not so ideal to be too exposed to financial sector no matter how attractive it is as on the longer term you may tend to loose more.

So check your portfolio and see how exposed you are to the finacial sector ?. Is it not worthwhile to re-balance your portfolio ? The decision is yours.

Happy investing

its high time i should take this advice seriously.Its easy to choose between Equity,kcb and Co-op depending on one investment tastes.
The non agressive might come from Barclays,hfck,standard chartered and nic.By the time you settle on one,you will have scratched your head heavily.
Then insurance might include one from Britam,Cic and kenyare.

Further drops expected across financial counters. Thank me in two weeks

Mkondoa Macho
#97 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 8:06:23 PM

Banks have been taking a beating lately. The only bank that is thriving is Diamond Trust because it is geographically diversified. Other banks should start focusing on subsidiaries in other nations. Locally, they should think of alternative revenue streams to improve profitability. Unfortunately, they cant boost volumes with the low margins because it would essentially mean risky lending. The banking bonanza in Kenya is over. Banks better pay attention to their subsidiaries where there are no caps.
obiero
#98 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 9:09:00 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Banks have been taking a beating lately. The only bank that is thriving is Diamond Trust because it is geographically diversified. Other banks should start focusing on subsidiaries in other nations. Locally, they should think of alternative revenue streams to improve profitability. Unfortunately, they cant boost volumes with the low margins because it would essentially mean risky lending. The banking bonanza in Kenya is over. Banks better pay attention to their subsidiaries where there are no caps.

I could be wrong but I think I&M, KCB, Equity & COOP are also present beyond Kenya

Ebenyo
#99 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 9:15:51 AM

obiero wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

I could be wrong but I think I&M, KCB, Equity & COOP are also present beyond Kenya

You are not wrong.Absolutely correct.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Mkondoa Macho
#100 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 10:04:32 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:

You are not wrong.Absolutely correct.

@Obiero you are right. My key word was "focus". They have subsidiaries,but these subsidiaries make peanuts.