muandiwambeu
#21 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2017 8:18:01 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Earnings season has kicked off with EABL's half year net profit down 28%. This one was grossly overvalued...waiting to see how much of a beat down is dished out by Mr Market.

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Today it tumbles like a tripping thief in Nairobi streets

Let see how this bear mulls on this one. Will the 10% rule apply? @karas, this must have jammed and passed below T.A radars and its going to cause havoc in your city.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!,
Am placing my orders at 90/= to salvage majerui wa uncle Diego's.

Those waiting for sub-200 @hisah ...EABL has solidly held its ground. Now at 230 from 220 pre-release of results.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly , its only in NSE I have learnt to live with the fact that bad news are celebrated with a price hike before slaughter. Usijali @vvs, hii soko tumekuwa ndani na inje yake naijua.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
VituVingiSana
#22 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 10:47:02 AM

EABL wants to raise 6bn inthis high-interest rate environment... How bad is it for them? BAT has zero debt, KK has significantly reduced (net) debt, etc ... What's going wrong at EABL? This is the time to reduce borrowings not add to the debt!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#23 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 11:06:30 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
EABL wants to raise 6bn inthis high-interest rate environment... How bad is it for them? BAT has zero debt, KK has significantly reduced (net) debt, etc ... What's going wrong at EABL? This is the time to reduce borrowings not add to the debt!

Things are thick in EABL in terms of cashflow that is why they want to raise the debt.
Dividends are still being paid inspite of the cash flow issues for Diageo to repatriate money since they own 50.03% of the counter.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#24 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 11:08:02 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Post here copy of the notice
VituVingiSana
#25 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 2:24:25 PM

@ericsson - My IT skills are non-existent. @wazua should implement drag and paste! The NSE sent it out.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#26 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 4:52:45 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Its a medium term note of kshs 5 billion.Its a top up of
the one they raised in 2015
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ebenyo
#27 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 5:00:48 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@ericsson - My IT skills are non-existent. @wazua should implement drag and paste! The NSE sent it out.

smile i also have the same problem.Many a times i come a cross good articles and im unable to post here in wazua.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
maka
#28 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 5:27:30 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I rem saying I would never buy a corporate paper.@VVS you corrected me....ummmh I would buy this one...The previous EABL bond was a rarely traded entity on the bonds secondary market a few weeks ago Britam traded 15.2m at 15%...leg 2 was at 13.2 % if am not wrong...this you buy till maturity.
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#29 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 5:42:05 PM

maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I rem saying I would never buy a corporate paper.@VVS you corrected me....ummmh I would buy this one...The previous EABL bond was a rarely traded entity on the bonds secondary market a few weeks ago Britam traded 15.2m at 15%...leg 2 was at 13.2 % if am not wrong...this you buy till maturity.

In short corporate bonds are rarely traded the premium vis a vis govt bonds makes them have a super attractive return thats worth keeping till maturity...Chase bank was an outlier...Imperial bank was also going that way....
possunt quia posse videntur
hisah
#30 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 5:43:25 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Diageo Unit to Offer Kenya's First Corporate Bond Since 2015
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
sparkly
#31 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 6:16:43 PM

hisah wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Diageo Unit to Offer Kenya's First Corporate Bond Since 2015

EABL sells assets, takes debt from parent company, takes debt from the local market.

For a company that I considered mature, ahead of competition and a blue chip, there is something very wrong.

Maybe the market is tough, maybe they are feeling the heat of competition from Keroche, SabMiller and others
Life is short. Live passionately.
Pesa Nane
#32 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 8:46:43 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
hisah
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:20:33 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Earnings season has kicked off with EABL's half year net profit down 28%. This one was grossly overvalued...waiting to see how much of a beat down is dished out by Mr Market.

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Let see how this bear mulls on this one. Will the 10% rule apply? @karas, this must have jammed and passed below T.A radars and its going to cause havoc in your city.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!,

Those waiting for sub-200 @hisah ...EABL has solidly held its ground. Now at 230 from 220 pre-release of results.

I will not be surprised if this counter in coming months tests sub 200.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
obiero
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 5:49:12 PM

hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

Let me place the EABL chart here http://live.mystocks.co.ke/m/stock=EABL

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
hisah
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:03:54 AM

obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

@obiero, thanks for the reminder. Indeed the price bounced contrary to H1 news. From the 3 month chart the bulls have run out of steam at 250 level. Next stop a retest of 218 where the huge vol spike checked in. If that level breaks down, 200 handle psychological support will break down! I hope this doesn't play out with mpesa bank showing weakness as well. That will make the NSE20 quite slippery for the other calves we're seeing in the banking sector...
obiero
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:05:04 AM

hisah wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sub 200 handle shortly.

@obiero, thanks for the reminder. Indeed the price bounced contrary to H1 news. From the 3 month chart the bulls have run out of steam at 250 level. Next stop a retest of 218 where the huge vol spike checked in. If that level breaks down, 200 handle psychological support will break down! I hope this doesn't play out with mpesa bank showing weakness as well. That will make the NSE20 quite slippery for the other calves we're seeing in the banking sector...

@hisah the large buyer of over 2.5m shares is definitely the one who sold out on the spreads between April and May.. This thing will have no support at 200 leave alone 218

Ericsson
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:57:57 AM

NSE Listed EABL to open a new Sh 50 Billion Brewery in Kisumu.
President Kenyatta Claims "the plant will create 110,000 new jobs"

How is that feasible when EABL Nairobi plant has less than 1,000 employees
Angelica _ann
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:55:19 AM

Ericsson wrote:

The chain include barmaids smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:56:54 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The chain include barmaids smile smile smile

If a 3km bridge can cost 1.2B.. What's not possible in this country

Horton
#40 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:40:07 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Its 15B factory