wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<367368369370371>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#7361 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:45:11 PM

Spikes wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Qatar Airways has announced that it will launch direct flights between Mombasa and Doha next year, stepping up domestic competition for national carrier Kenya Airways.

http://www.businessdaily...04060-22th1i/index.html[/quote]
Which means Kenya's national carrier KQ is strapped between hard rock of competition and dilemma of turnaround .

Will it stand the pressure of competition from world class Asian carriers like Qatar airways?

Chief you are looking at this thing upside down! Will Qatar jet the passengers from Kisumu to Mombasa for onward transit to Doha? Once the passengers get to Mombasa, are we assuming that they will stay in Mombasa only or will want to visit Antananarivo, Blantyre, Cotonou or Bangui? Ngunze's winning big in Africa dream is the silver bullet for KQ. Let the international airlines bring peope into Africa. Its good news!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ArrestedDev
#7362 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:07:17 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Qatar Airways has announced that it will launch direct flights between Mombasa and Doha next year, stepping up domestic competition for national carrier Kenya Airways.

Which means Kenya's national carrier KQ is strapped between hard rock of competition and dilemma of turnaround .

Will it stand the pressure of competition from world class Asian carriers like Qatar airways?

Chief you are looking at this thing upside down! Will Qatar jet the passengers from Kisumu to Mombasa for onward transit to Doha? Once the passengers get to Mombasa, are we assuming that they will stay in Mombasa only or will want to visit Antananarivo, Blantyre, Cotonou or Bangui? Ngunze's winning big in Africa dream is the silver bullet for KQ. Let the international airlines bring peope into Africa. Its good news!

It is not good news for KQ. Tourists from Europe, US and other continents which KQ, KLM and other Sky team partners could have flown to NBO then onwards to MBS by KQ are gone. Qatar Airways and the other One world alliance partners will now be the beneficiaries.
obiero
#7363 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:08:33 AM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

It is not good news for KQ. Tourists from Europe, US and other continents which KQ, KLM and other Sky team partners could have flown to NBO then onwards to MBS by KQ are gone. Qatar Airways and the other One world alliance partners will now be the beneficiaries.

I understand you on the direct entry to MSA but 100% will choose Qatar or other alliance partners?? The Nairobi link is crucial and it's unlikely that their chosen route will carry stupendous numbers

ArrestedDev
#7364 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:02:48 AM

obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

I understand you on the direct entry to MSA but 100% will choose Qatar or other alliance partners?? The Nairobi link is crucial and it's unlikely that their chosen route will carry stupendous numbers

Yes it will adversely affect the numbers for KQ especially NBO-MBS, AMS-NBO, Paris-NBO, LHR-NBO AND even FROM Asia. Uhuruto signed it off when the Emir was in NBO a few weeks ago. I miss Kibaki's advisors, although they were corrupt, still they knew what is strategic and not. I am not sure what we got from Qatar in exchange for this.

Ericsson
#7365 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:09:14 AM

@ Arestedevelopment
We got money for budgetary support and projects.
Qatar has been wanting that route since 2007 but Kibaki always refused
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
ArrestedDev
#7366 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:32:45 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@ Arestedevelopment
We got money for budgetary support and projects.
Qatar has been wanting that route since 2007 but Kibaki always refused

Now Kinyua has handed it out and they want a mobitelea in KQ. I do not know what this guys are after.
obiero
#7367 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 7:02:50 PM

tick tock

VituVingiSana
#7368 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 7:13:41 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Yes it will adversely affect the numbers for KQ especially NBO-MBS, AMS-NBO, Paris-NBO, LHR-NBO AND even FROM Asia. Uhuruto signed it off when the Emir was in NBO a few weeks ago. I miss Kibaki's advisors, although they were corrupt, still they knew what is strategic and not. I am not sure what we got from Qatar in exchange for this.

Mombasa residents benefit from better, easier & cheaper connections.
Protectionism isn't optimal. Competition creates incentives for better services, value and freedom of choice.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
ArrestedDev
#7369 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 10:43:28 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Spikes][quote=Ericsson]Qatar Airways has announced that it will launch direct flights between Mombasa and Doha next year, stepping up domestic competition for national carrier Kenya Airways.

Protectionism isn't optimal. Competition creates incentives for better services, value and freedom of choice.
[/quote

Qatar Airways is highly subsidized by the state and also benefit immensely from cheap labour. You cannot compare the cost base of KQ to that of Qatar Airways.
obiero
#7370 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 1:46:50 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Spikes][quote=Ericsson]Qatar Airways has announced that it will launch direct flights between Mombasa and Doha next year, stepping up domestic competition for national carrier Kenya Airways.

[/quote

Qatar Airways is highly subsidized by the state and also benefit immensely from cheap labour. You cannot compare the cost base of KQ to that of Qatar Airways.

Same case for ET & SAA.. They get massive subsidies. But luckily help from GoK is around the corner for KQ

sparkly
#7371 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 2:09:17 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Protectionism isn't optimal. Competition creates incentive a for better services, value and freedom of choice.

This is the most misinformed post I have ever seen from you. Qatar will slaughter KQ and have it for dinner.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#7372 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 2:23:43 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Protectionism isn't optimal. Competition creates incentive a for better services, value and freedom of choice.

This is the most misinformed post I have ever seen from you. Qatar will slaughter KQ and have it for dinner.

Hehe @sparkly, wachana na @vvs.. Meanwhile, JJ is doing wonders http://www.businessdaily...08044-vijuu6z/index.html

VituVingiSana
#7373 Posted : Monday, May 01, 2017 1:12:27 PM

ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

[/quote

KQ also gets subsidies through cheap loans or guarantees on loans.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#7374 Posted : Monday, May 01, 2017 4:11:43 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:

[/quote

KQ also gets subsidies through cheap loans or guarantees on loans.

Not enough.. We need even the ticket price to be subsidised

Flo-ology
#7375 Posted : Monday, May 01, 2017 6:36:41 PM

@Obiero, why is taking long to name the new CEO? I thought you said announcement was to come in before end of May.
Reflection Eternal
obiero
#7376 Posted : Monday, May 01, 2017 8:28:36 PM

Flo-ology wrote:
@Obiero, why is taking long to name the new CEO? I thought you said announcement was to come in before end of May.

Yes.. That's what was supposed to happen. But good things come to those who wait

Impunity
#7377 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 9:45:28 AM

Flo-ology wrote:

But May has just started?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#7378 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 9:54:43 AM

obiero wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:

Yes.. That's what was supposed to happen. But good things come to those who wait

smile
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#7379 Posted : Wednesday, May 03, 2017 7:30:40 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:

smile

@maka we await the 2 big announcements in a few days. Then the 1 huge announcement in 1 month. Only way is up!!! 30% minimum gain expected

Flo-ology
#7380 Posted : Wednesday, May 03, 2017 7:48:52 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:

smile

@maka we await the 2 big announcements in a few days. Then the 1 huge announcement in 1 month. Only way is up!!! 30% minimum gain expected

@obiero, which announcements are these: new CEO? I thought Mbuvi will still hold on for some time? Reduced operating loss?? Or entry of new partner to replace KLM? Mind Elaborating?
Reflection Eternal