wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Con Games Gallore
lisaox
#21 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 12:22:30 AM

I'm a lawyer. About 3 weeks ago o a Friday, someone calls my office and says hes calling from kc* bank with good news that my firm is about to be put on the kc* panel of advocates. I had applied about 2 year ago, but the joy of being empanelled kept sensible questions out of my mind, and my mouth. Anyway, the guy said they were concluding the meeting reviewing their advocates and that I should send a rider to pick my appointment letter on Monday. Excited, I said a resounding thank you ! Then the guy said I needed to 'nunua mbuzi ya wazee' and switched to my mother toungue saying they'd done me a favour so I shoud send a mbuzi. I quickly agreed and left to go load up on mobile money at an agent nearby. While walking to the place, I decided to call a friend who works at the bank to ask if he was aware of a procurement team meeting or meeting discussing advocates panel review. She said she was unaware, then went on to confirm with the procurement team. Indeed no such meeting had taken place, and it was not normal for them to take place at 5pm anyway. Suffice it to say, I called the guy, told him we would wait for the letter on Monday before mbuzi. Moral: 1. Don't give bribes 2. The people who influence decisions don't ask for mbuzi
mikanjoroge
#22 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 1:26:16 AM

Long time ago as a kid it was toa kitu kidogo, then it went to chai, then it went to chicken, now it is a goat. Soon it will be a ngombe then after that what? A whale? Toa samaki kubwa.
obiero
#23 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:53:51 AM

mikanjoroge wrote:
Long time ago as a kid it was toa kitu kidogo, then it went to chai, then it went to chicken, now it is a goat. Soon it will be a ngombe then after that what? A whale? Toa samaki kubwa.

LOL. Papa zi papa

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 6:55:21 PM

lisaox wrote:
I'm a lawyer. About 3 weeks ago o a Friday, someone calls my office and says hes calling from kc* bank with good news that my firm is about to be put on the kc* panel of advocates. I had applied about 2 year ago, but the joy of being empanelled kept sensible questions out of my mind, and my mouth. Anyway, the guy said they were concluding the meeting reviewing their advocates and that I should send a rider to pick my appointment letter on Monday. Excited, I said a resounding thank you ! Then the guy said I needed to 'nunua mbuzi ya wazee' and switched to my mother toungue saying they'd done me a favour so I shoud send a mbuzi. I quickly agreed and left to go load up on mobile money at an agent nearby. While walking to the place, I decided to call a friend who works at the bank to ask if he was aware of a procurement team meeting or meeting discussing advocates panel review. She said she was unaware, then went on to confirm with the procurement team. Indeed no such meeting had taken place, and it was not normal for them to take place at 5pm anyway. Suffice it to say, I called the guy, told him we would wait for the letter on Monday before mbuzi. Moral: 1. Don't give bribes 2. The people who influence decisions don't ask for mbuzi

Eish...they do bana ask for mbuzi...I know of so many law firms that give kick backs to Heads of Legal of banks....
possunt quia posse videntur
Chaka
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 7:38:48 PM

And these heads of Legal dept.are lawyers as well?
maka wrote:

Eish...they do bana ask for mbuzi...I know of so many law firms that give kick backs to Heads of Legal of banks....

maka
#26 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 12:30:16 PM

Chaka wrote:
maka wrote:

Yes...
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#27 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 12:43:47 PM

maka wrote:
Chaka wrote:
maka wrote:

Yes...

You give mbuzi to be in the panel of advocates/lawyers of the organization, and then you have to be giving regular mbuzi to be given work ... as in clients directed your way. Kenya, very corrupt Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Rankaz13
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:35:21 PM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Msa Liti wrote:
bennry wrote:
Years ago a relative of mine died and my number was put in the obituaries as i was the treasurer for the funeral committee. Some called me akaniambia blah blah na aka sema ametuma pesa na western union and he was in the USA and a friend to the deceased.
I ended up getting coned 5k na nika tumia one of his 'relatives' 5k the the balance was supposedly to be his contribution.
Hi ni town!

This almost happened to me.

A colleague passed on and was put in the papers including employer details.
I was co-ordinaing with the family and our office.

So this guy calls from 'abroad'. He is put through to me. Eti a former colleague of the deceased.

He tells me his kid is stuck at "JKIA" due to non payment of visa. He wanted to send the visa fees and his contribution. A hefty contibution as well. So could I send the kid 15K and he will send the total via Western Union to me?

I almost sent. I could not get the 15k in the office on time.
This was 2012.

Am still not getting this type of conman-ship.... how?

Tuma pesa I explain it to you

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
deadpoet
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:01:35 PM

Latest con,

A nice sounding lady calls our office to tell us that there's a package we've received from overseas. Nothing suspicious so far, right? Next thing you know she wants us to send her money to clear import taxes or something.

She also can't tell us the contents of the package and when pressed for a sender's name/address, she gives us details we cannot trace online. A gullible secretary or administrator can easily fall for that con.
Angelica _ann
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:51:21 PM

New one in town, HELP smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:53:43 AM

deadpoet wrote:
Latest con,

A nice sounding lady calls our office to tell us that there's a package we've received from overseas. Nothing suspicious so far, right? Next thing you know she wants us to send her money to clear import taxes or something.

She also can't tell us the contents of the package and when pressed for a sender's name/address, she gives us details we cannot trace online. A gullible secretary or administrator can easily fall for that con.

This is a poorly designed con game
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Chaka
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:38:40 AM

Ok,so can you re-design it?
Swenani wrote:

This is a poorly designed con game

businessmarketing37
#33 Posted : Saturday, May 06, 2017 7:23:57 PM

This was a really good opportunity to get help in marketing, tribalpearlmedia - this way was really engraving to find knowledge on business tips.