wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Sufferingcom!!
point
#1 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 10:36:10 AM

How can the entire network be disabled!!
maka
#2 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 10:59:46 AM

point wrote:

Sorted
possunt quia posse videntur
thuks
#3 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:21:34 AM

maka wrote:
point wrote:

Sorted

Wapi huko tuje?
I care!
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:27:37 AM

thuks wrote:
maka wrote:
point wrote:

Sorted

Wapi huko tuje?

Seems to have come on shortly but it's gone againSad
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Swenani
#5 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:34:50 AM

Njung'e wrote:
thuks wrote:
maka wrote:
point wrote:

Sorted

Wapi huko tuje?

Seems to have come on shortly but it's gone againSad

Lol,are you talking about your landing gear? Poor Juliesmile smile smile smile

Tell her to Jump-start youSad Sad
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Flo-ology
#6 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:40:03 AM

thuks wrote:
maka wrote:
point wrote:

Sorted

Wapi huko tuje?

At sarit near Safaricom and having network issues, both data and voice.
Reflection Eternal
muganda
#7 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:41:34 AM

A crisis facing millennials - here's how they are coping: Laughing out loudly

Kenyan Oracle
#8 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:44:33 AM

Am afraid today heads will roll
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
majimaji
#9 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 12:17:06 PM

Wanasema ni Jubilee to throw a spanner into nominations
Much Know
#10 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:59:04 PM

Had to miss lunch, mpesa will wreck havoc on our lives today, many are definitely stranded!
A New Kenya
Swenani
#11 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 3:04:19 PM

Much Know wrote:
Had to miss lunch, mpesa will wreck havoc on our lives today, many are definitely stranded!

PoleLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:06:26 AM

this is ridiculous.a whole network going down?? i am imagining all those switches,servers,routers etc etc being disabled.this is a very poor network plan.looks like the network has one sweet point of failure.
Flo-ology
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:16:19 AM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
this is ridiculous.a whole network going down?? i am imagining all those switches,servers,routers etc etc being disabled.this is a very poor network plan.looks like the network has one sweet point of failure.

Looks like they have one provider for main and redundant link which should not be the case. Rumor has it that Huawei has cannibalized the previous players like Nokia and Ericson and now control over 70% of the infrastructure. Safaricom needs to re-look into this to spread/mitigate such risks
Reflection Eternal
sitaki.kujulikana
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:05:13 PM

Flo-ology wrote:

Looks like they have one provider for main and redundant link which should not be the case. Rumor has it that Huawei has cannibalized the previous players like Nokia and Ericson and now control over 70% of the infrastructure. Safaricom needs to re-look into this to spread/mitigate such risks

kwani how do mobile networks operate, I doubt all the base stations were down, I thought its the central routing system that had issues not the numerous infrastructure nodes spread all over the country. some might have noted in the mpesa messages yesterday, I think they rolled back to a previous working system as they sorted out the issue and once it was sorted they reverted to the 'newer' system.
snifadog
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:12:55 PM

so many technical 'experts' on forum, i wonder what the true story is now
muganda
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:29:34 PM

Send money on M-Pesa free, midnight to midnight

Much Know
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:14:55 AM

Found a vert big bundle in my sim, fibre was down, so checked balance *544# and received a message of huuuuge bundle siui FLEX bundles 1150000 valid for a month it's the one am using, wasn't there when i last used modem, balance was 0 and i bought kes 99/- bundle, or was this the stuff being loaded into our accounts jana?
A New Kenya
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#18 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 9:56:30 AM

so they are now saying the backups were the ones that failed! looks like they never tested their backups and you know if you donot test your backup you donot have a backup in the first place.hope CA can take this logic and punish safcom.am sure safaricom are heavy on huawei (Chinese) hardware and software so put that in the mix.
quicksand
#19 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 10:15:54 AM

so they are now saying the backups were the ones that failed! looks like they never tested their backups and you know if you donot test your backup you donot have a backup in the first place.hope CA can take this logic and punish safcom.am sure safaricom are heavy on huawei (Chinese) hardware and software so put that in the mix.

Backups do fail, even when you test them regularly ...Murphy's law. The thing is you are supoosed to have a backup to the backup...some call it disaster recovery...but it is expensive having all these redundancies, even blue chips cut corners considering cost and that capacity sits idle during normal times. Not trying to defend safcom or minimize the scale of damage done to the economy, just talking as a techie who has lived through these sorts of issues.
On another front, CA requiring an expansive explanation is pointless. They should stick to monitoring and enforcing SLAs. Safcom can spin any old story they want about what happened, only the troubleshooting engineers know the whole truth...even Collymore himself could have been served a massaged and spinned story by the techs, smoothing out the very worst of it..or even outright lies..what is he going to do, argue with experts over engineering technicals?
TSi
#20 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 12:45:41 PM

quicksand wrote:

Backups do fail, even when you test them regularly ...Murphy's law. The thing is you are supoosed to have a backup to the backup...some call it disaster recovery...but it is expensive having all these redundancies, even blue chips cut corners considering cost and that capacity sits idle during normal times. Not trying to defend safcom or minimize the scale of damage done to the economy, just talking as a techie who has lived through these sorts of issues.
On another front, CA requiring an expansive explanation is pointless. They should stick to monitoring and enforcing SLAs. Safcom can spin any old story they want about what happened, only the troubleshooting engineers know the whole truth...even Collymore himself could have been served a massaged and spinned story by the techs, smoothing out the very worst of it..or even outright lies..what is he going to do, argue with experts over engineering technicals?

Hapo I agree, backups fail. These CEO's will always give the best explanation given by the techies even if it is not the truth.