wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Tatu City Latest
mv_ufanisi
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:17:31 PM

Anyone know what's going on with Tatu City? Is the dream city a ghost town?
a4architect.com
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:20:54 PM

Konza city went quiet too..any info?
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
bkismat
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:23:20 PM

a4architect.com wrote:
Konza city went quiet too..any info?

Diff gov diff priorities. What of tatu? thought it was private sector driven?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
african coloner
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:47:29 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:

What happened to Longonot gates?
josimar
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:35:44 PM

Court cases bogged them down , secondly just like Konza Technopolis the concept looks good on paper but may We may only embrace the concept in 5 - 10 Years time.
Am
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:04:15 PM

josimar wrote:
Court cases bogged them down , secondly just like Konza Technopolis the concept looks good on paper but may We may only embrace the concept in 5 - 10 Years time.

Which court cases? Which Project? Do you read Papers?
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
heri
#7 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:46:48 AM

Personally i thought the ADB bank loan of sh 16Billion ( which if am not wrong was signed off )to do a dam to supply water to Konza is a very significant development atleast
ahoo
#8 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 11:24:54 AM

african coloner wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

LOngonot gates is up and running.Ther have been doing the roads,boreholes and are now doing the showhouse.For me this is a more plausible venture that may see completion if you compare it to the Tatus,Buffallo hills etc
You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it fearlessly.
Am
#9 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 12:21:48 PM

ahoo wrote:
african coloner wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

LOngonot gates is up and running.Ther have been doing the roads,boreholes and are now doing the showhouse.For me this is a more plausible venture that may see completion if you compare it to the Tatus,Buffallo hills etc

Was at Bufallo Hills the other day. I think that their speed is Pretty good. The Project started an year and half ago and they have covered what Thika greens did in 4 years.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
webish
#10 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:38:29 PM

Anyone?

http://www.businessdaily...332-13q4su5z/index.html

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:49:54 PM

With the slow down in real estate unless you are blind;those houses will be ghosts
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Xymalos
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:22:22 AM

Ericsson wrote:

With the slow down in real estate unless you are blind;those houses will be ghosts

Please explain - why do you think those houses will be ghosts? I am considering buying one (apartment or the 1/4 acre plots), the reasoning being that its strictly controlled high end development, that will maintain high value in the longterm - looking forward like 20 years. It should be a good investments once complete with well planned shopping complex, hotels, entertainment facilities etc. Am I missing something or am I too optimistic?
wukan
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:13:15 AM

Xymalos wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Please explain - why do you think those houses will be ghosts? I am considering buying one (apartment or the 1/4 acre plots), the reasoning being that its strictly controlled high end development, that will maintain high value in the longterm - looking forward like 20 years. It should be a good investments once complete with well planned shopping complex, hotels, entertainment facilities etc. Am I missing something or am I too optimistic?

If you toured that area of tatu city it has the feel of Sandton City SA. Google the the pics from 1970's. Sandton eventually cannibalized and replaced the Jo berg CBD as banks, hotels and lawfirms moved. Private municipalities is where Africa cities are headed. As Kidero has shown don't depend on Nairobi county govt, by the time you clear your mortgage you will living in a slum. Next couple of decades the diplomatic green zone around 2 rivers/runda, Tatu city and Kenyatta's Northlands will form one work/play chain for the affluent. The rest will survive in a Lagos like slum-city.
sparkly
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:55:23 AM

wukan wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

If you toured that area of tatu city it has the feel of Sandton City SA. Google the the pics from 1970's. Sandton eventually cannibalized and replaced the Jo berg CBD as banks, hotels and lawfirms moved. Private municipalities is where Africa cities are headed. As Kidero has shown don't depend on Nairobi county govt, by the time you clear your mortgage you will living in a slum. Next couple of decades the diplomatic green zone around 2 rivers/runda, Tatu city and Kenyatta's Northlands will form one work/play chain for the affluent. The rest will survive in a Lagos like slum-city.

You ooze of wisdom @wukan.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Flo-ology
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:33:25 AM

sparkly wrote:
wukan wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

+1. He is foresighted.
Reflection Eternal
Xymalos
#16 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 3:22:28 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
sparkly wrote:
wukan wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

+1. He is foresighted.

@wukan – thanks! I googled Sandton, SA – ultramodern city with hundreds of international stores. If Tatu city can house a fraction of such stores, then it’s a great investment to buy early within their project area. Your perspectives are quite insightful – that controlled development within city is a mirage with the leaders like Kidero and city county government. Now I see the well planned affluent developments starting from Infinity Industrial Park to Northlands City to Tatu City to Two Rivers/Runda. I think Northlands will be pricey such that Tatu city will seem like a bargain.
webish
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:52:16 AM

Xymalos wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
sparkly wrote:
wukan wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

+1. He is foresighted.

@wukan – thanks! I googled Sandton, SA – ultramodern city with hundreds of international stores. If Tatu city can house a fraction of such stores, then it’s a great investment to buy early within their project area. Your perspectives are quite insightful – that controlled development within city is a mirage with the leaders like Kidero and city county government. Now I see the well planned affluent developments starting from Infinity Industrial Park to Northlands City to Tatu City to Two Rivers/Runda. I think Northlands will be pricey such that Tatu city will seem like a bargain.

There's a Northlands City?? d'oh!

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
wukan
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:46:21 AM

Quote:
The latest land price index released by real-estate firm Hass Consult yesterday showed Juja, 32.5 kilometres from Nairobi, saw prices appreciate by 45.2 per cent in the year to March, with an acre going for an average of Sh11.1 million.
Ruiru, which is on Thika Road and adjacent to the Eastern Bypass, recorded a 44 per cent increase, with an acre fetching Sh23 million.

Limuru, which is set for new road link, on the other hand recorded a 41.6 per cent increase over the period, with an acre of land fetching Sh21.3 million. Ruaka on the Northern Bypass recorded a 31.2 per cent increase with an acre going for Sh80.5 million in the period under review.

http://www.businessdaily...02726-7imslu/index.html

smile smile smile the urban landscape continues to evolve. The following upcoming road projects spell doom to the Nairobi CBD; the western bypass, waiyaki way-Redhill link, dualling of Northern and Eastern bypass and missing link between Ring-road parklands and Thika road at Muthaiga. The next Nairobi governor better know his stuff
Gatheuzi
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:59:35 PM

webish wrote:

It is planned on UK's family land next to Brookside in Ruiru Eastern Bypass.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:12:51 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
webish wrote:

It is planned on UK's family land next to Brookside in Ruiru Eastern Bypass.

I will buy into that project.. Location is excellent

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45