wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

69 Pages«<1718192021>»
Cytonn Investments
kaka2za
#361 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:25:17 AM

Cytonn will turn out to be either big success or big mess!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Obi 1 Kanobi
#362 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:45:35 AM

Their financials seems to be taking the trajectory of HomeAfrika. Cash is king, losing money is never fun for investors as its normally the first indicator of a poorly performing business.

I have been a big supporter all along but methinks they need to reassess the real Estate market.

Figure out how to really move to the lower middle class market segment and target people who can afford mortgages in the 50K range. Or build and look to offload their real-estate inventories very quick, say in 1 year
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
guru267
#363 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 6:08:49 PM

This one will turn out to be a king kong of a monkey. I was shocked to hear my engineer brother who has never invested a coin in his life was also lured into this trap! Shame on you
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Horton
#364 Posted : Monday, April 03, 2017 6:27:47 PM

guru267 wrote:
This one will turn out to be a king kong of a monkey. I was shocked to hear my engineer brother who has never invested a coin in his life was also lured into this trap! Shame on you

another expert on smelling wildlife......this time its a monkey๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ wonder where all you soo called "experts on the animal kingdom" were to protect us, the defenseless mwanachis when imperial and chase happened??
quicksand
#365 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:46:16 AM

Horton wrote:
guru267 wrote:

another expert on smelling wildlife......this time its a monkey๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ wonder where all you soo called "experts on the animal kingdom" were to protect us, the defenseless mwanachis when imperial and chase happened??

I am curious, why does criticism of Cytonn bother you so much? If you are confident of its fundamentals, competency of the management, robustness to withstand tumults and downtrends, that your investment is safe in their hands, why do you care what we think and say? Why expend so much time chasing down every negative comment to deride it? It only makes sense if there is something in it for you -either you are a paid shill (understandable), or you are the bellwether, papering over the shit with whitewash and perfume to confuse other people to crowd into the paddock for slaughter.
Your strenuous defense of Cytonn only makes it look worse Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Chema chajiuza ...
We shall see, in the fullness of time. If you are proven right, we'll have missed out on a bus loaded with fat goodies, be free to laugh at us and thump your chest, we'll even be in concert and bang heads into walls in consternation and regret ....

muganda
#366 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:06:22 AM

quicksand wrote:
Horton wrote:
guru267 wrote:

I am curious, why does criticism of Cytonn bother you so much? If you are confident of its fundamentals, competency of the management, robustness to withstand tumults and downtrends, that your investment is safe in their hands, why do you care what we think and say? Why expend so much time chasing down every negative comment to deride it? It only makes sense if there is something in it for you -either you are a paid shill (understandable), or you are the bellwether, papering over the shit with whitewash and perfume to confuse other people to crowd into the paddock for slaughter.
Your strenuous defense of Cytonn only makes it look worse Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Chema chajiuza ...
We shall see, in the fullness of time. If you are proven right, we'll have missed out on a bus loaded with fat goodies, be free to laugh at us and thump your chest, we'll even be in concert and bang heads into walls in consternation and regret ....

@quicksand writes wisely.

You want to invest KShs 100,000, why bother putting it in Cytonn if you have doubts? If you lose money @Horton will not refund you.

There are so many investment options. If you lose money, at least do so dancing to your tune.

Horton
#367 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:50:19 AM

quicksand wrote:
Horton wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Chema chajiuza ...

your theory is a non-starter sir.

Why does VVS defend KK with soo much zeal? Why does Obiero defend KQ so much? Sparkly kengen.....list goes on and on....i never saw you ask them why they defend their choices with soo much zeal?! On other forums, it gets soo personal, they start involving abuses ...everyone has their "holy grail" of investments this one is mine.
Horton
#368 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:54:14 AM

muganda wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Horton wrote:
guru267 wrote:

Chema chajiuza ...

@quicksand writes wisely.

You want to invest KShs 100,000, why bother putting it in Cytonn if you have doubts? If you lose money @Horton will not refund you.

There are so many investment options. If you lose money, at least do so dancing to your tune.

I will agree to u sir.

Look all i say here is, if you have a GENUINE reason that this thing is a hoax, kindly state your facts and they will be appreciated. My friends and I are heavy into this thing and so far so good. But if its like 99% of the comments here which are just kelele with no tangibles...then perhaps u stop wasting our time.
washiku
#369 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2017 10:37:16 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Cytonn will turn out to be either big success or big mess!

Isn't this a 'ZERO SUM' statement?
Swenani
#370 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:21:10 AM

Nairobi Commercial office report
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tony stark
#371 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:13:19 AM

I love reading their reports because you can see the reasoning and breakdown with data on the property market. This report is very insightful.
That said I wonder how much it would cost for the detailed report? I am especially interested in the CBD data and details. Is that data for sale??

Anyway if this is a free report and if Cytonn takes this level of diligence with their investments I can only conclude that they will be a big success!
Pesa Nane
#372 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:00:20 PM

Cytonn eyes Sh5bn bond in Kiambu housing plans

Quote:
Real estate-focused private equity fund Cytonn plans to float a Sh5 billion housing bond by year-end, partly to finance projects that should deliver more than 600 units to the market.

The PE firm is seeking a financial consultant to steer the listing of the proposed mid-term note and advise on the tenor, pricing and tax-exemption eligibility of the debt security to be listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
anika66
#373 Posted : Monday, May 01, 2017 7:35:57 PM

enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:
The growth of Cytonn Investments within the past one year is phenomenal. This is a company to watch for long-term private equity investors like myself. I am on-board!

They are very aggressive. Edwin, Arora, Liz seem to know their stuff.

What I like about them is that there is a legal contract between the two of you guys, ..unlike FEP,unaitas and others where there is no such.downside is the minimum deposit .they want 1 million minimum deposit. Is there anyone who has experience with these guys

I lost some 500,000 investment in Homeafrika. Any company that comes with alot media hype is a no go for me. Too much money is spent in attracting new business. Very aggressive marketing strategies. No way.
Keeping it all in the family
grahamsdisciple
#374 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:12:23 AM

anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:
The growth of Cytonn Investments within the past one year is phenomenal. This is a company to watch for long-term private equity investors like myself. I am on-board!

What I like about them is that there is a legal contract between the two of you guys, ..unlike FEP,unaitas and others where there is no such.downside is the minimum deposit .they want 1 million minimum deposit. Is there anyone who has experience with these guys

I lost some 500,000 investment in Homeafrika. Any company that comes with alot media hype is a no go for me. Too much money is spent in attracting new business. Very aggressive marketing strategies. No way.

Tick tock, this thing will crash watch this space. Anyone seen FY 2016 financials? Shocking what they're doing. Not a single complete project and they're accounting for them as "Investment property" and booking capital gains. Also, 90%+ of their assets is this investment property and yet their key products are cash management solutions i.e. short term.
Swenani
#375 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:22:03 PM

grahamsdisciple wrote:
anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:

Tick tock, this thing will crash watch this space. Anyone seen FY 2016 financials? Shocking what they're doing. Not a single complete project and they're accounting for them as "Investment property" and booking capital gains. Also, 90%+ of their assets is this investment property and yet their key products are cash management solutions i.e. short term.

Ignorance galore
Horton
#376 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:29:46 PM

Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:

Ignorance galore

Another paid advertisment by the competitors. So they have completed Amara Ridge and regarding CMS, as my friend Swenani says, ignorance galore.....๐Ÿ˜

If u dont have anything to say, dont say it here
grahamsdisciple
#377 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:41:01 PM

Horton wrote:
Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:

Ignorance galore

Another paid advertisment by the competitors. So they have completed Amara Ridge and regarding CMS, as my friend Swenani says, ignorance galore.....๐Ÿ˜

https://www.cytonn.com/d..._Audited_Financials.pdf

Check financials. I thought this was a forum for open debate and discussion. If you have a point, then correct my logic using facts rather than calling me ignorant or saying that I have nothing to say. I though Wazua was one of the few forums where people actually exchange ideas. Review financials, check balance sheet, read notes 4 - 30.

Swenani
#378 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:33:29 PM

grahamsdisciple wrote:
Horton wrote:
Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:

Ignorance galore

Check financials. I thought this was a forum for open debate and discussion. If you have a point, then correct my logic using facts rather than calling me ignorant or saying that I have nothing to say. I though Wazua was one of the few forums where people actually exchange ideas. Review financials, check balance sheet, read notes 4 - 30.

1. CMS is not the key product for Cytonn
2. How would you like them to account for the property they have bought and developing if not as investment property?
3. How would you like them to account for the gain in their properties they are developing?
kaka2za
#379 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:13:53 PM

Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
Horton wrote:
Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:

Ignorance galore

2. How would you like them to account for the property they have bought and developing if not as investment property?
3. How would you like them to account for the gain in their properties they are developing?

CMS is used as source of funds. It's equivalent to borrowing.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
grahamsdisciple
#380 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:46:46 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
Horton wrote:
Swenani wrote:
grahamsdisciple wrote:
anika66 wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
eco wrote:

Ignorance galore

CMS is used as source of funds. It's equivalent to borrowing.

True, thanks for the fact-based rebuttal. Indeed IAS 40 allows for ongoing construction projects to be accounted for as investment property if in future they will be used as investment property i.e. land held for long-term capital appreciation, land held for a currently undetermined future use, building leased out under an operating lease, vacant building held to be leased out under an operating lease. If the properties are to be sold then they should be accounted for as Inventory with no fair value gains. I think Cytonn are building to sell so the latter should apply with no fair value gains accruing to the company. Am I wrong or ignorant here??? Please check my logic and I'll accept if I'm wrong.

Secondly, the point on CMS is, how are they raising their liquidity. If I'm not wrong (and again correct me if I'm wrong cause that's what Wazua is there for), they are offering high yielding cash products (isn't that CMS). If CMS wasn't a product, why is it accounted for as a liability?

So if a company is raising cash through high yielding cash products and constructing to sell whilst booking fair value gains, doesn't that raise a couple of red flags?