Mall Owners Rush to Get Out of the Mall Business
maka
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:29:33 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Really annoying....
possunt quia posse videntur
Ryko
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 08, 2017 9:33:25 PM

So i decided to enter NextGen mall..... Things are thick, There still empty rooms on ground floor, Nakumatt Supermarket literally had no customers, the place looks deserted. But i thought it was launched last december on the Trend.
Damn, how does this owners recoup, maybe they took loans for such a Mall. I think for next Gen they should offer it as office block at the top and they will get several law firms over there
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Horton
#43 Posted : Saturday, April 08, 2017 9:43:17 PM

Ryko wrote:
So i decided to enter NextGen mall..... Things are thick, There still empty rooms on ground floor, Nakumatt Supermarket literally had no customers, the place looks deserted. But i thought it was launched last december on the Trend.
Damn, how does this owners recoup, maybe they took loans for such a Mall. I think for next Gen they should offer it as office block at the top and they will get several law firms over there

Firstly, its very poorly designed. 2nd, the developer did a very shody job with the finishing. As for the location, im not sure what that target market was. This is one "mall", and I use that term loosely, which will really struggle as you mentioned.
Chaka
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 08, 2017 9:56:07 PM

I stay in the vicinity but have not been there..there in another Nakumatt nearby within the estate.Do they charge for parking?How is the foodcourt faring in these circumstances?If say Uchumi at Capital center was to close,would those customers go to the 'other side of the road'?If the Nextgen apartment blocks are fully occupied,those residents should be shopping there?

Horton wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Firstly, its very poorly designed. 2nd, the developer did a very shody job with the finishing. As for the location, im not sure what that target market was. This is one "mall", and I use that term loosely, which will really struggle as you mentioned.

radio
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 08, 2017 10:03:39 PM

Chaka wrote:
I stay in the vicinity but have not been there..there in another Nakumatt nearby within the estate.Do they charge for parking?How is the foodcourt faring in these circumstances?
Horton wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Wait till you go to the basement parking ... people keep getting lost...they have had to place people to guide you around. Location is terrible.

Food court is just average

One positive is their security check. Top.
maka
#46 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 6:58:36 AM

radio wrote:
Chaka wrote:
I stay in the vicinity but have not been there..there in another Nakumatt nearby within the estate.Do they charge for parking?How is the foodcourt faring in these circumstances?
Horton wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Wait till you go to the basement parking ... people keep getting lost...they have had to place people to guide you around. Location is terrible.

Ummmh with that security 2-3 cars have been broken into (hope that's correct english).
maka
#47 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 7:17:05 AM

maka wrote:
radio wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Horton wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Ummmh with that security 2-3 cars have been broken into (hope that's correct english).

Impunity
#48 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 11:29:28 PM

maka wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Really annoying....

Ata Gertrudes iko lipa...KNH pia,that parking at the corner u pay 100.

MP Shah too.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Horton
#49 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 8:17:00 AM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Really annoying....

MP Shah too.

Aga khan pia
majimaji
#50 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 10:57:31 AM

Horton wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Really annoying....

MP Shah too.

Aga khan pia

Ata mimi ntaweka kwangu
murchr
#51 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 6:13:29 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
maka
#52 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:08:28 PM

#53 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 4:54:50 PM

maka wrote:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/all-ghost-malls-kenya-robert-yawe

I guess that's one view and a very well informed one. But here's another:

fairy-tale-of-growing-middle-class

BBI will solve it
:)
maka
#54 Posted : Wednesday, August 02, 2017 5:55:06 AM

2012 wrote:
maka wrote:

I guess that's one view and a very well informed one. But here's another:

fairy-tale-of-growing-middle-class

http://www.economist.com...etdirtytosucceedinafrica
tom_boy
#55 Posted : Wednesday, August 02, 2017 7:30:42 AM

maka wrote:

Sounds more like he is consoling himself.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
murchr
#56 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 5:22:43 AM

Their Webpage wrote:
Rosslyn Riviera Mall is the perfect location for your business. The Mall focuses on offering consumers a variety of retailers, featuring clothing, fashion accessories, shoes & handbags, oriental home decor, high end jewelry, electronics, wireless accessories, video equipment & games, hair salons and much more. We also offer food and entertainment opportunities.

For more information on leasing availability contact Rossyln Riviera via the following details: Phone: +254 701 488 907 or Email: info@rosslynrivieramall.co.ke

New tenants taking up space at Rossyln Riviera Mall between now and 31st December 2018 will be offered a six-month rent-free period and 50% off on prevailing rents for the subsequent six months. (Service charge, promotion fund, electricity, water and gas costs where applicable will be payable separately.)

Things are thick
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kayhara
#57 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2018 11:59:42 AM

majimaji wrote:
Horton wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Really annoying....

MP Shah too.

Aga khan pia

Ata mimi ntaweka kwangu

City mall Nyali and Naivas center (Nyali center) tried to start charging for parking the county intervened and said the mall should provide free parking for it's customers the KAPS machines are still there, I get it in Nairobi guys take advantage and park at the hospital then leave for their office till evening taking up valuable space that could be used by an actual patient, charging for parking is the easiest way to beat that since monitoring would be difficult.
To Each His Own
Coolbull
#58 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:14:33 AM

Coolbull
#59 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 9:15:52 AM

I almost choked. They counted TV satellite dishes to decide if to put up a mall.

[quote=Coolbull]Koome Gikunda, a director of Actis, the private-equity firm that built Garden City, shared with the Economist of a unique way they determined that their catchment area was populated with “a middle class affluent enough to shop at the mall.” “We hired a firm who flew over the area in a plane and literally counted TV satellite dishes,” he explained.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedi...of-growing-middle-class[/quote]
hardwood
#60 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 12:38:53 PM

Naivas opens store at Spur Mall, Thika road's newest mall.

https://www.businessdail...815668-box52/index.html