wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

How the Stock Market Works :- Dummies Edition.
brayokasa4
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:24:06 PM

My little girl today asked me how the Stock Market works.
This was my reply..smile smile
Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for 1000 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at 1000 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort.

He further announced that he would now buy at 2000. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The offer increased to 2500 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at 5000! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers; "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at 3500 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for 5000 each."

The villagers rounded up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

Now she has a better understanding of how the Stock Exchange works.

smile smile
If you think you can, and if you think you can't , either way, you are right!
mawinder
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:34:55 PM

brayokasa4 wrote:
Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for 1000 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at 1000 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort.

He further announced that he would now buy at 2000. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The offer increased to 2500 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at 5000! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers; "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at 3500 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for 5000 each."

The villagers rounded up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

smile smile

Could this be plagiarism?
Pesa Nane
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:25:36 PM

mawinder wrote:

Could this be plagiarism?

Karo Mtoko style. Saw the same thing on the #madness at the nse thread

KenSaf wrote:
How stock exchange works.

Now you have a better understanding of how the stock exchange works.

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Spikes
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 10:33:17 PM

brayokasa4 wrote:

smile smile

Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ebenyo
#5 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 9:09:23 AM

brayokasa4 wrote:

smile smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Museveni
#6 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:18:45 AM

An Admin should merge with this thread.

Duplication.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.