wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<8910
ZUKU - Kenya's worst run company. Avoid at all costs!
smano
#181 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 2:39:18 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Having left Zuku and moved to JTL Faiba, I have noted Safcom have now laid cable outside my place. Am tempted to vuka again, 20mbs for 5k as opposed to JTL's 5mpbs.

Any Safcom fibre reviews? How reliable is it?

I switched about a year ago from Zuku to safaricom fibre, I have never looked back. I stream movies, series and sometimes live football games using an android box and the difference is like night and day. Ksh.3,499/- for 10 mbps per month.

The biggest difference is that Safricom internet is stable. Zuku may offer higher speeds but internet is about reliability more than speed especially if it is just for basic home usage.

Safaricom service is premium. The phone is picked up every time all the time, if there's a downtime issue they tell you the problem and how long it will take to fix. Zuku have offered me free months, reduced subscription for more mbps etc etc, nothing doing. I eventually blocked their number.

Try it, you won't regret it.
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
mkenyan
#182 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 6:24:57 PM

smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Having left Zuku and moved to JTL Faiba, I have noted Safcom have now laid cable outside my place. Am tempted to vuka again, 20mbs for 5k as opposed to JTL's 5mpbs.

I switched about a year ago from Zuku to safaricom fibre, I have never looked back. I stream movies, series and sometimes live football games using an android box and the difference is like night and day. Ksh.3,499/- for 10 mbps per month.

The biggest difference is that Safricom internet is stable. Zuku may offer higher speeds but internet is about reliability more than speed especially if it is just for basic home usage.

Safaricom service is premium. The phone is picked up every time all the time, if there's a downtime issue they tell you the problem and how long it will take to fix. Zuku have offered me free months, reduced subscription for more mbps etc etc, nothing doing. I eventually blocked their number.

which areas do they cover in nairobi?
alma1
#183 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:38:56 PM

Someone at Zuku please explain and explain slowly.

I happened to do somework where zuku was the provider over the past 2 weeks. Then one day all of a sudden we had no access to a lot of websites. You know what happens.

You call your hosting company and they are more confused than you are. Why? Because the websites are working everywhere in the world except my zuku.

We call zuku customer service and they say that its because the websites have been blacklisted.

By whom you ask? They say it's common to be blacklisted.
By whom you ask again? Why only zuku? How come the same sets of websites, same IP's are only blacklisted in zuku. Seem to work fine on airtel, safaricom, even my internet mwitu.

Lakini apana zuku.

Their solution was to move my hosting company. Jinga sana solution.

My solution was to ban zuku completely from the offices.

Having said that, another friend is suffering the exact same thing.

Maybe the IT gurus on wazua can explain. How come only zuku? Ama they are barlotelli? Are their IP's compromised?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

KulaRaha
#184 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 3:26:43 PM

smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Cant seem to get anyone from Safcom sales to sell the product to me....real shame.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
watesh
#185 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:24:30 PM

alma1 wrote:

I happened to do somework where zuku was the provider over the past 2 weeks. Then one day all of a sudden we had no access to a lot of websites. You know what happens.

You call your hosting company and they are more confused than you are. Why? Because the websites are working everywhere in the world except my zuku.

We call zuku customer service and they say that its because the websites have been blacklisted.

By whom you ask again? Why only zuku? How come the same sets of websites, same IP's are only blacklisted in zuku. Seem to work fine on airtel, safaricom, even my internet mwitu.

Lakini apana zuku.

Maybe the IT gurus on wazua can explain. How come only zuku? Ama they are barlotelli? Are their IP's compromised?

OMG i thought it was only me who experienced this non-sense from this company. Am moving to Safaricom once its available
geofreygachie
#186 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 10:42:41 AM

watesh wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Lakini apana zuku.

OMG i thought it was only me who experienced this non-sense from this company. Am moving to Safaricom once its available

Just a thought have you tried using Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or Opendns 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 ?
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
KulaRaha
#187 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:31:16 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Cant seem to get anyone from Safcom sales to sell the product to me....real shame.

So paid for Safcom over 24 hours ago, nothing yet. I'm concerned they may be worse than Zuku.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#188 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:15:48 PM

Ryko
#189 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:44:10 PM

alma1 wrote:

Lakini apana zuku.

Thank you Alma for raising this issue. Damnnnnnn

i have been in zuku for over a year, at one time i was working on specific websites about 7 of them. All over sudden they were not loading, i called the support. The ladies in Zuku could not even understand my question, i really hustled kept calling and flipping the support team. Clearly my host provider was saying i have a problem with my ISP provider, Zuku were Totally CLUELESS.... anti-TECH. Finally the 2nd day i got a support guy who was a level higher known as Eugene. He told me we try changing the DNS crap mentioned above. It NEVER worked. I made a zillion changes to my network and none worked. after about 3 hours he decided to change my IP address. Immediately all the sites were restored and i could access them. That was the second time that crap had happened.

Since then when that problem happens i normally ask for a change of IP. Zuku support is the worst when it comes to technical issues.

I am yet to move to Safaricom, but i should be moving over soon.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
snifadog
#190 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:32:27 AM

ZUKU is something, it has been down during the daytime hours for the past 3 days. The connection is restored in the night for a couple of hours and then goes down early morning again. Compensation is only for a continuous downtime of 24hrs, cheeky buggers always make sure to restore the connection before the 24hrs are up
KulaRaha
#191 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:42:03 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

So paid for Safcom over 24 hours ago, nothing yet. I'm concerned they may be worse than Zuku.

My Safcom journey so far:

Paid on Thursday 23rd
External cables from their box to my house completed yesterday 28th
Still no router etc in the house.

Hmmmmmmmm................
Enuma Elish
#192 Posted : Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:28:43 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Paid on Thursday 23rd

The thing with Safcom is that Initial installation can really test your patience. I paid on 1-April and got connected today, 9-April. But I guess it's because of the high number of new subscribers signing on. I see the their staff working upto 9.00pm daily, Including weekends.

I've used it for only a few hours and so far so good. Many folks in my neighborhood who got connected earlier have been giving positive reviews thus far.

I've relegated my Zuku subscription to the back burner. For now.
maka
#193 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 5:56:40 PM

Enuma Elish wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Paid on Thursday 23rd

The thing with Safcom is that Initial installation can really test your patience. I paid on 1-April and got connected today, 9-April. But I guess it's because of the high number of new subscribers signing on. I see the their staff working upto 9.00pm daily, Including weekends.

I've used it for only a few hours and so far so good. Many folks in my neighborhood who got connected earlier have been giving positive reviews thus far.

I've relegated my Zuku subscription to the back burner. For now.

I have also jumoed ship...so far so good...what pissed me off is that zuku guys never took issues seriously.Ole wao...
possunt quia posse videntur
tobz
#194 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:22:38 AM

mkenyan wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

I recently switched to Safaricom. My experience has been great so far. Installation was done with the 24 hr window they gave and a slight delay in router setup from the Safaricom team. Everything else is good. Speed is good and no downtimes so far. I think Zuku are in for a rude shock. Oh yeah and they give a month free! :)
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#195 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:40:21 AM

safaricom should have hopped on those kplc poles earlier enough.lets see how they tackle zuku market
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#196 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:41:50 AM

tobz wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

I recently switched to Safaricom. My experience has been great so far. Installation was done with the 24 hr window they gave and a slight delay in router setup from the Safaricom team. Everything else is good. Speed is good and no downtimes so far. I think Zuku are in for a rude shock. Oh yeah and they give a month free! :)

+1 for that
maka
#197 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:19:46 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
safaricom should have hopped on those kplc poles earlier enough.lets see how they tackle zuku market

They are going to kill zuku..watch this space.
possunt quia posse videntur
Toxicity
#198 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 9:29:10 PM

maka wrote:

They are going to kill zuku..watch this space.

Safaricom are going to kill zuku! since safcom fibre landed in our hood zuku has been degrading! i don't know if there is any co-relation but zuku has been really bad of late!
update president set president = speaker where president is null
obiero
#199 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 9:53:38 PM

tobz wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
smano wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

+1 for that

+2

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mmarto
#200 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 8:47:45 AM

indeed this is the worst run company!!!! i renewed my monthly subscription 5 days ago and until today i am not online.. Their many support call nos keep you on hold for 20-30 mins and nobody picks. I wish safcom was in my neighborhood already and i switch pap.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.