Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Cost of Paving blocks
merkava
#21 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2016 6:00:02 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:
merkava wrote:
Intelligentsia wrote:
Thinking of doing cabro pavements this week.
Have tried calling Bamburi on their customers lines so that I can pay via mpesa and send my fundi goes to collect but the Bamburi mafalas at Kampala Rd never pick nkt

Anyone know a good, proven fitter?
Will appreciate.

Kenbro-cost per/sqm is 950kes for 80mm pavers

National concrete-Kariobangi cost per/sqm is 950kes for 80mm paver

I have used these 2 companies no issues to date

For a fitter i know of a guy whose rate is 100kes/sqm. For details drop a mail xerodecivilbuild@gmail.com

Ahsante @merkava.
Has the guy you are proposing undertaken any paving job to your satisfaction? Plse let me know coz market has many kurutus who an keen to avoid.

(btw why do you name yourself after an Israeli battle tank,the Merkava, ama ni coincidencesmile )

The story of that particular tank fascinates me....am a destroyer in away...dont want to cross ma pathLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Nwais back to biz...yeah this is what this guy of mine does for a living, from year to year....he is good. Currently he is about to finish 40000sqm of work and no complaints so far
Barikiwa tufanane
murchr
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 6:24:29 PM

Is there anyone with experience of using Mazeras?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
earthpavers
#23 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:32:07 PM

Price depends on area. Paving blocks may costs around 600/sqm. They require special fitting. Ask contractors and compare the prices.
http://www.earthpavers.in
maka
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 6:56:30 PM

murchr wrote:
Is there anyone with experience of using Mazeras?

I also need usaidizi hapa...
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:36:59 PM

After the recent rains, am thinking of paving the driveway to my simba. Would using the bamburi blocks be a better option than bricks? Any experiences out there? The driveway is sloppy
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:41:55 AM

murchr wrote:
After the recent rains, am thinking of paving the driveway to my simba. Would using the bamburi blocks be a better option than bricks? Any experiences out there? The driveway is sloppy

I have no experience will bricks, only paving blocks. Recently paved my driveway. My fundi recommended simba pavers since they are high quality and more affordable (750 per sqm) than Bamburi blox (950 per sqm). You also need road kerbs, channels, quarry dust, some ballast, cement, murram, and sand. Fundi charged me 300 per sqm as labour inclusive of compactor. I paved a 60m2 area and total cost came to about 100k. Work took 3 days. Cost also depends on soil conditions which determine amount of excavation/backfilling with murram.

Note that simba only delivers quantity over 100sqm where you pay 110 per sqm as transport fee within nairobi. Otherwise for less quantities you hire a lorry and collect from their factory huko mombasa road near daystar.
murchr
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 4:48:23 PM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:

I have no experience will bricks, only paving blocks. Recently paved my driveway. My fundi recommended simba pavers since they are high quality and more affordable (750 per sqm) than Bamburi blox (950 per sqm). You also need road kerbs, channels, quarry dust, some ballast, cement, murram, and sand. Fundi charged me 300 per sqm as labour inclusive of compactor. I paved a 60m2 area and total cost came to about 100k. Work took 3 days. Cost also depends on soil conditions which determine amount of excavation/backfilling with murram.

Note that simba only delivers quantity over 100sqm where you pay 110 per sqm as transport fee within nairobi. Otherwise for less quantities you hire a lorry and collect from their factory huko mombasa road near daystar.

Thank you very much for this info
Njunge
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:33:06 PM

murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quite some information there from Hardwood. You may want to compare with Kenbro Industries. Wako hapo Dakar Rd Indu. Can't say about the pricing now as it is a while since i bought from them and is also dependent on pattern, colour and thickness. I opted for 60mm thickness for longevity although most people prefer the lighter 50mm thickness for home compounds. You will get someone at the end of the following lines or just pay them a visit.
0724255674 or 0735633199
murchr
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:44:23 PM

Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:

Quite some information there from Hardwood. You may want to compare with Kenbro Industries. Wako hapo Dakar Rd Indu. Can't say about the pricing as it is a while since i bought from them and also dependent on pattern and colour and thickness. I opted for 60mm thickness for longevity although most people prefer the lighter 50mm thickness for home compounds. You will get someone at the end of the following lines or just pay them a visit.
0724255674 or 0735633199

Thanks for your help will definitely check them out. By the way I scouted around for grass and went with Arabic grass. Looks good but nimeifanyia kazi.
Njunge
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:53:23 PM

murchr wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=murchr][quote=hardwood][quote=murchr]
Thanks for your help will definitely check them out. By the way I scouted around for grass and went with Arabic grass. Looks good but nimeifanyia kazi.

Great! Arabic grass makes beautiful lawns. where did you get it in Kenya and what's the price? I could do with some.
murchr
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:09:39 PM

Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=murchr][quote=hardwood][quote=murchr]

Great! Arabic grass makes beautiful lawns. where did you get it in Kenya and what's the price? I could do with some.

A friend plucked seedlings from his lawn which i transplanted. But there's a guy i consult he's on Kiambu road close to the CID headquarters he sells and manages the grass after planting. He's Philip no. 0795600563. You might want to give him a call

Some of his work
Njunge
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:24:44 PM

murchr wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=murchr][quote=Njunge][quote=murchr][quote=hardwood][quote=murchr]

A friend plucked seedlings from his lawn which i transplanted. But there's a guy i consult he's on Kiambu road close to the CID headquarters he sells and manages the grass after planting. He's Philip no. 0795600563. You might want to give him a call

Some of his work

That's well done. Will talk to him and see if he can supply me with plugs enough for 3/4 acre and then get someone to tend as this particular piece is way away from Nairobi. Thanks alot!!
chiaroscuro
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:05:13 AM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:

This is great information!

So, @hardwood, if I wan to pave a 750 sq metre parking space, I am looking to spend about Sh1.5 million...?
MugundaMan
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 11:43:21 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:

So, @hardwood, if I wan to pave a 750 sq metre parking space, I am looking to spend about Sh1.5 million...?

My friend what are you trying to do, kill your tenants with cabro? Give people trees and lawns and greeneries to enjoy jameni otherwise they will lose their sanity. I am highly convinced that most people who slash others with panga for no reason that we see in the news come from living in properties like these below for more than 5 years. These things do not even have a blade of grass or leaf anywhere in sight!

chiaroscuro
#35 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:01:23 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

My friend what are you trying to do, kill your tenants with cabro? Give people trees and lawns and greeneries to enjoy jameni otherwise they will lose their sanity. I am highly convinced that most people who slash others with panga for no reason that we see in the news come from living in properties like these below for more than 5 years. These things do not even have a blade of grass or leaf anywhere in sight!

Assumptions are the mother of all.....

You assume that I'm planning to do this in a 50x100 plot...

This is for an educational institution that sits on 53 acres of land....over the last 10 years, we have planted over 5,000 trees around the school....now we want to reduce dust from cars coming into the compound. The dust is not only affecting the health & comfort of students but also killing our vegetation. So, paving is will IMPROVE the natural environment.
MugundaMan
#36 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:14:36 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

This is for an educational institution that sits on 53 acres of land....over the last 10 years, we have planted over 5,000 trees around the school....now we want to reduce dust from cars coming into the compound. The dust is not only affecting the health & comfort of students but also killing our vegetation. So, paving is will IMPROVE the natural environment.

Fair enough. 53 acres is quite a spread. Are you the headmaster? smile
chiaroscuro
#37 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:44:29 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Fair enough. 53 acres is quite a spread. Are you the headmaster? smile

No.
I am a parent at the school.
Our AGM is coming up soon and I want to propose that we raise money to pave the parking space. I needed a "working estimate"
MugundaMan
#38 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 8:50:48 AM

chiaroscuro wrote:

No.
I am a parent at the school.
Our AGM is coming up soon and I want to propose that we raise money to pave the parking space. I needed a "working estimate"

Noted. All the best!
geofreygachie
#39 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 7:43:08 PM

I am looking to pave an area 64 sq metre using 50mm block .What would be the ideal truck to use assuming I am collecting from Simba Cement ?Has anyone been there lately ?
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
hardwood
#40 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 8:38:21 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
I am looking to pave an area 64 sq metre using 50mm block .What would be the ideal truck to use assuming I am collecting from Simba Cement ?Has anyone been there lately ?

Isuzu TX kigogo. Ile yellow one ya ndarugu stones.